PC GamePass -- Cloud Saves and Achievements not working?

oracledragonoracledragon Join Date: 2019-11-23 Member: 255829Members
Hi, I recently installed the PC version from GamePass Ultimate, and some issues:
  • I do not get any achievements in the game
  • It did not appear to even try and sync my save game from the Xbox GamePass version
  • The Store page and GamePass page both say that Subnautica PC supports "Xbox live achievements", "Xbox Live cloud saves", and "Xbox Play Anywhere".

Do these work in the PC GamePass edition of the game? Or is something possibly wrong with my installation? (I had, and then uninstalled, the Epic Game Store version as well to try and avoid any conflicts with the GamePass verison).

Comments

• Skeith2005Skeith2005 Join Date: 2019-11-25 Member: 255901Members
    edited November 2019
    Oh good, I thought I was going crazy! I'm having this same issue on my PC as well. I had installed via Steam originally, which I uninstalled and scrubbed from my system before installing it via the Xbox app, and Achievements still won't unlock. I was able to get some on my Xbox One, so It's not an account issue.
  • oracledragonoracledragon Join Date: 2019-11-23 Member: 255829Members
    Not sure when it happened, or if it was a Subnautica update or a GamePass update... but I signed in today on PC GamePass, and all of my achievements appeared at once! So not sure how it was resolved, but happy to report that achievements seem to be working now on the PC GamePass version. It still didn't make any appearance of trying to sync my game between Xbox and PC though, not sure if that is due to be fixed later, or if it is simply not possible due to the differing versions.
  • Pooks99Pooks99 UK Join Date: 2019-12-03 Member: 256107Members
    edited December 2019
    Glad I'm not the only one who's having this issue where my Xbox console game save isn't appearing on the Windows Xbox Game Pass version. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.
  • Shmooie1015Shmooie1015 Join Date: 2019-12-05 Member: 256141Members
    I am also having the same issue. I am playing on multiple PC's with the Xbox gamepass version and unable to sync my saves with the cloud on both of my PC's. do we know a workaround yet?
  • Soul_UmbreonSoul_Umbreon U.S. Join Date: 2019-12-08 Member: 256216Members
    Xbox achievements are working for me on PC, though I am having other issues with the Microsoft Store version.
  • safetypinsafetypin Join Date: 2019-12-12 Member: 256348Members
    The only thing I want is access to cloud saves from my Xbox game. I don’t want to start 2 different games at the same time...
  • ayatesayates Join Date: 2019-12-12 Member: 256350Members
    Yep same. Started playing on my Xbox One X, but was finding areas a bit sluggish so thought I jump on PC version seeing as it said Xbox Play Anywhere and Xbox Cloud Saves, only to be disappointed that I only have option to start new game and its not syncing my saves.
    Please fix this soon.
    I’m pretty sure my Xbox save is in the cloud, because after installing on windows, and going back to the Xbox, I got an email about Subnautica being given access to my Microsoft cloud, and I noticed a new cloud icon on the save game on my Xbox.
    Wait, it’s sluggish on your Xbox one x? Is it a little sluggish, or does it drop frames every time you break the surface of the water? My ‘18 MacBook Pro has no lag when I break the surface of the water, and that happens pretty much every single time on my Xbox (original, from 2015).
  • h4wkrapt0rh4wkrapt0r Join Date: 2019-12-18 Member: 256534Members
    Can't use cloud saves either.
    I get moments of lag at inconvenient times on the xbox one s and would love to try it on my laptop.
    This is not really acceptable - the Windows Store lists "Play anywhere" as a feature of the game, but for almost a month, there is no response. I've submitted a few feedback messages in the game; has anyone else done that and received a response? Anyone else complained to Microsoft support? (I tweeted at Xbox support)..
  • ayatesayates Join Date: 2019-12-12 Member: 256350Members
    safetypin wrote: »
    Wait, it’s sluggish on your Xbox one x? Is it a little sluggish, or does it drop frames every time you break the surface of the water? My ‘18 MacBook Pro has no lag when I break the surface of the water, and that happens pretty much every single time on my Xbox (original, from 2015).

Mostly when coming out of water yes and occasionally in some other areas. Completely playable, just a bit annoying.

With regards to Xbox Play anywhere, cloud saves etc its still not working even on this latest update that I got today on my PC. I've given feedback through the game too. I don't know why or how Microsoft can allow them to say it supports those features when it doesn't.
    I guess for now I just have to play my normal survival game on Xbox and started playing Hardcore on the PC. Just got a new curved ultra wide monitor for my PC and it does look good.
  • GOLDENKILLER640GOLDENKILLER640 Join Date: 2020-01-26 Member: 257409Members
    I’m having the same issue and my cloud is being corrupt by Subnautica I was PLAYING FOR 2:30Hrs!!!! And all the work I just did is gone the save went corrupt I contacted Xbox support and after 4hrs we still couldn’t get it fixed I wokld love to get my save back. :/
  • virtualdonvirtualdon Join Date: 2019-11-22 Member: 255783Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Confirm Email, Subnautica Developer
    We understand that there is some confusion because we do not currently support cross platform saves between Xbox and PC, but we're looking at adding that feature. In the meantime, we're going to find a way to improve our messaging on the Windows Store to indicate which parts of Play Anywhere we do support.

Right now, if you purchase Subnautica from the Microsoft Store, you can play on Xbox and PC with just that one purchase. Achievements associated with your gamer tag should also move across platforms.
    ayates wrote: »
    I guess for now I just have to play my normal survival game on Xbox and started playing Hardcore on the PC. Just got a new curved ultra wide monitor for my PC and it does look good.

That's funny, I started doing the exact same thing.
    virtualdon wrote: »
    We understand that there is some confusion because we do not currently support cross platform saves between Xbox and PC...

Thanks for letting us know this isn't supported - seems like it's more a problem with how Microsoft communicates about Play Anywhere (or just my understanding). I thought that Play Anywhere always included all of the functionality, not that there were tiers of support.