Below Zero - Experimental 23092 - Lights out in base after re-loading game

elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
This started happening a couple of patches ago and is still happening today.

After quitting and then re-loading the game, the lights are out in the base. The only thing that seems to make them come back on is fully deconstructing the power source, then building it again. Of course the lights go out again the next time you load the game.

Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• DavetigerDavetiger Join Date: 2020-01-14 Member: 257172Members
    Yes, it started happening to me when I built a 2nd base (I'm on experimental if that matters at all)
  • DavetigerDavetiger Join Date: 2020-01-14 Member: 257172Members
    edited January 2020
  • TomasTesarTomasTesar Join Date: 2020-01-15 Member: 257206Members
    I also have had the same issue with the base but even with only four 4-ways corridors. After the reload of the game, none of the lights were shining but the base had full power. And I didn't figure out how to fix that.
  • Gemini_RaegonGemini_Raegon Join Date: 2020-01-14 Member: 257178Members
    start deconstructing the power source (solar panel for exmp.) untill about 95% and then wait until your power goes down to a certain point. After it drops beyond a specific percentage (wich i dont know) at the top of your screen the numbers that represent the amount of power you currently have will turn yellow meaning you have low power and then the game somehow magically will recalculate the fact that you dont have the lights on and the base lights will turn back on. I suggest this technique so in case you have a bioreactor or a nuclear reactor you wont lose the contained objects. Also a tip (wich i also use) for the guys that have huge amounts of power storage is to operate the scanner room and if you want even have some water filtration machines work along and then the power will go down like crazy. Untill you take a nap in-game the power propably will go down to 0 before you wake up.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    start deconstructing the power source (solar panel for exmp.) untill about 95% and then wait until your power goes down to a certain point. After it drops beyond a specific percentage (wich i dont know) at the top of your screen the numbers that represent the amount of power you currently have will turn yellow meaning you have low power and then the game somehow magically will recalculate the fact that you dont have the lights on and the base lights will turn back on. I suggest this technique so in case you have a bioreactor or a nuclear reactor you wont lose the contained objects. Also a tip (wich i also use) for the guys that have huge amounts of power storage is to operate the scanner room and if you want even have some water filtration machines work along and then the power will go down like crazy. Untill you take a nap in-game the power propably will go down to 0 before you wake up.

Getting my power down below a certain amount did work to restore power, so thanks for that tip. I just wish I didn't have to do it, but that's how it goes with pre-release stuff.