Subnautica Music Track Bug

uh82cituh82cit U.S.A Join Date: 2019-12-15 Member: 256414Members
Since the latest patch I have noticed how the game starts multiple tracks at once, making the game get loud and confusing.

The way I understand how the music works in Subnautica is that entering a biome/room triggers music to play. For example, entering an observatory plays a specific track, entering the precursor bases trigger certain tracks, etc. The problem I notice is that entering a biome that has multiple tracks can trigger most, if not all of them to play at once. It makes it so I have to turn off the music entirely in game, which is a real shame since the music is a huge part of this game and I imagine others feel the same.

Not a game breaking bug, but certainly takes a large part of the Subnautica experience away for some of us.

Comments

• joost1706joost1706 Join Date: 2020-01-10 Member: 257085Members
    Yes! one of the most striking bugs of the last update. The music tracks don't cut off properly anymore. In my experience, if you wait a while you end up with one track properly playing, but you have to suffer through many noisy transitions. I can't believe how this bug ended up in the update, it's noticable after a few minutes of play. Are there players who *don't* experience this?
  • El_RizzoEl_Rizzo Join Date: 2020-01-11 Member: 257104Members
    joost1706 wrote: »
    Are there players who *don't* experience this?

Can't say that I have experienced this behavior in my most current playthrough, just spent 30min in the game to test and it works fine here.

• joost1706joost1706 Join Date: 2020-01-10 Member: 257085Members
    Update: I started a new game (so not restarting Subnautica, but creating a new Hardcore game) and the problem is almost gone. The weird thing is, it is much better, but not totally gone. In some weird way it seems the timing of the music can get messed up on a game-by-game basis. I played many games of Subnautica in 2019, so I think I have a good feeling on how it should sound. It was never a problem then.