Subnautica PlayStation Update 1.09 Released - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica PlayStation Update 1.09 Released - Subnautica

PlayStation divers, a new update has been released! This update contains some long requested features and bug fixes. The Bladderfish scarcity in Safe Shallows is now resolved. After fishing, they...

Read the full story here

Comments

• roboticrobotic Join Date: 2019-04-18 Member: 252397Members
    How come whenever I play subnautica on ps4 I get glitched into the alien gun
  • percussionkingpercussionking Join Date: 2019-04-18 Member: 252405Members
    Bug fixes... plural? Only one bug fix is listed.
  • Reacherfan1985Reacherfan1985 uK Join Date: 2019-04-18 Member: 252406Members
    Hi guys, any word on any other bug fixes that you may not have mentioned? Please tell me, after waiting all this time for another update, that there are at least some fixes for things such as crashing and freezing? These, when they happen, are game-breaking and ruin the overall enjoyment of each particular play through. Like, OK, one example of crashing I have encountered is where the game will completely crash to dashboard on PS4 when travelling through those warp gate things that you go through towards the end game part of the story. After meeting the Sea King, literally the first warp game. I was OK going through it, but coming back to the Sea King area, it just completely crashed. It really made me sad, because this game is so, so good and really enjoyable.
  • tylermosleytylermosley Join Date: 2019-04-19 Member: 252411Members
    Bring multiplayer!!!! It would bring so many people to your game please make it a thing❤️
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    The Z-fighting (flickering) regression introduced in 1.08 has not been fixed. This is quite disappointing...
  • gayle840gayle840 Memphis Join Date: 2019-04-19 Member: 252418Members
    To save bandwidth PS4 patches can be delivered as bytepatches. This is basically a small (relatively) file that only contains the changes between files. For instance if you have a 20GB file and change a 5MB graphic within it then the bytepatch will be only a 5MB download instead of a 20GB download again for one file.

This helps to massively reduce download times and to save Sony a lot of bandwidth in update files. It is also good for people with slower internet connections as then the patches do not take as long to download.

What happens when the PS4 is “copying update” is that it basically has to make a brand new copy of this 20GB file and apply the patches during the copy. After it has performed the patch to the file it then moves it back in place overwriting the original file with the new updated file.

For large games with many files changed in patches this process can take a long time to copy the update and it is a CPU & storage i/o limited process. Upgrading the internal drive to a faster 7200RPM drive will help make this a little faster but due to what's involved in the process it will never be quick.
  • ShadowFallenShadowFallen Join Date: 2019-04-19 Member: 252422Members
    I enjoyed playing Subnautica through the Game Preview program on Xbox One, and just started playing it again (after putting it aside for about a year I guess) just recently. A friend told me about this update (not realizing it was for PS4 lol) but we have PS4 as well, and I’ve been looking for a reason to dust it off xD I was excited to hear about the sale that was supposedly going on for Subnautica on the PlayStation store (I’m in the US) but when I checked last night & this morning, it’s not on sale. Am I not understanding the article correctly? I’m really confused about this, seems to state pretty clearly it should be on sale, but it’s not showing that it is.

I have PS+ as well, but that doesn’t seem to matter, Subnautica is listed as full price on PlayStation store both when checking from my PS4 and also when I’m signed in through my account checking through the app. Guess I’ll check back later to see if there’s any updated info about the sale that doesn’t appear to be activated?

Overall in terms of the experience on Xbox One the game’s been enjoyable, though I’m nowhere near finished with it yet. I like taking my time in games. Certainly I’ve had some bugs. Found out not to put beacons and such on dry land (they tend to get swallowed up). I’ve also had the saving process get stuck once, had to completely force quit, but this issue has been reported it seems. Anyway I’ll stop there as this isn’t the place for Xbox bugs anyway.

Just hoping to get some clarification regarding this sale for PlayStation version as I’m not seeing it when I check.
  • KartoffelmanKartoffelman Join Date: 2019-04-19 Member: 252426Members
    Thanks for bringing the console back now I can finally get my glitches items back that I'm to lazy to craft again
  • HalfEvilCoyoteHalfEvilCoyote Colorado Join Date: 2019-02-14 Member: 250919Members
    edited April 2019
    These updates are so insulting for endgame players. They are not treating the issue seriously. A shame to the way upper management is sweeping this all under the rug. Thank you Mario @madsauce for trying. Relying on console commands to navigate the glitches is not a fix... it helps to alleviate and navigate the pitfalls but was really hoping for some hard updates. There is nothing showing in the check ins anymore. Trello is dead... games is going on sale... looks to us like nothing more is coming...
  • Mr_MouseMr_Mouse Join Date: 2019-04-19 Member: 252435Members
    What is up with these XBox and PS4 updates? It has been a month since a PC update? The bladderfish bug (what you call scarcity) was in there since the last Seatruck update. The PC gamers are the ones that made you famous. How about catering them as well? :/
  • LinefordLineford Join Date: 2019-04-20 Member: 252453Members
    Yep... Very need PC update! Please.
  • HalfEvilCoyoteHalfEvilCoyote Colorado Join Date: 2019-02-14 Member: 250919Members
    @Mr_Mouse
    Mr_Mouse wrote: »
    What is up with these XBox and PS4 updates? It has been a month since a PC update? The bladderfish bug (what you call scarcity) was in there since the last Seatruck update. The PC gamers are the ones that made you famous. How about catering them as well? :/

The Bladderfish problem that you are referring too has been an issue for us console players since it was released in December of last year (2018)... And it wasn't a scarcity... it was a complete absence of.....

The seatruck update is not for Subnautica, it was for Below Zero....

You are comparing an early access discounted release and waiting a month for an update to a full price completed console release that has waited over 4 months for a fix. not apples to apples....

• AngelxAngelx Join Date: 2019-04-22 Member: 252497Members
  • NikyuuVlNikyuuVl Join Date: 2019-04-19 Member: 252428Members
    Optimize the performance.Many annoying terrain pop-ups and lag.
  • jefe2142jefe2142 Join Date: 2019-06-01 Member: 253178Members
    The terrain not loading and creatures getting stuck in my base ruined the game for me half way through. I want to finish the game, but seeing those issues and not seeing anymore fixes in sight just made me delete it forever. I can't support unsupported content.
  • ElijahbeefElijahbeef Join Date: 2019-06-01 Member: 253179Members
    subnautica pc update pls
  • bobtheslobbobtheslob haida gwaii tlell bc Join Date: 2018-02-15 Member: 237661Members
    This game still has lots of problems please look into it.
  • by_Trickby_Trick France Join Date: 2018-12-14 Member: 245713Members
    Subnautica PS4: Too much texture loading and performance problems!!!! Generally, the game is very difficult to play because of bugs. I hope u will solve this problem, otherwise it's impossible to play. I know it doesn't come from my PS4, it's the only game that make that.
  • chloe2207644chloe2207644 CA Join Date: 2019-08-01 Member: 254034Members
    My game stutters and when I go up to the surface it freezes also the world won't load sometimes
  • Misfit2125Misfit2125 Kzn Join Date: 2019-11-09 Member: 255439Members
    When are yous gonna add the new map to ps4 ?
  • TkBagTkBag Europe Join Date: 2019-11-10 Member: 255467Members
    we need the new Big Little Update Released that just came out on pc ! Please and thank you!
  • MrMigginsMrMiggins Mexico Join Date: 2019-11-12 Member: 255537Members
    edited November 2019
    I just finished Subnautica on PS4. Definitely one of the best games I have ever played despite being glitchy and not very well optimised for PS4. Nonetheless, it was a thrilling experience that I will never forget. I hope you will continue to support PS4 players with bug fixes and patches. I'm really looking forward to Below Zero. Cheers!
  • Nitrox1Nitrox1 Join Date: 2019-12-30 Member: 256837Members
    Just started in Dec 2019 - love the game so far - well done team!

Is the recently released graphic engine update coming to PS4?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    A unity upgrade is part of the patches they're working on, see the favro page for more.
  • budimanbudiman pontianak Join Date: 2020-02-20 Member: 258094Members
  • ixxtabbixxtabb Join Date: 2020-04-26 Member: 260406Members
    Haha 'Introduce some instability to your game' This game is as unstable AF without the dev console, I can only imagine the steaming pile of crap it would be if it became more unstable...
  • TyvonTyvon Join Date: 2019-11-08 Member: 255431Members
    Any chance for a 1.10? I finally got 1.09 to install, but there are still a bunch of problems. One of the moons is just gone from the sky, so when there is an eclipse it just looks like the sun turned off, the habitat wall textures look like strobe lights, the ground keeps dissapearing, and a bunch of wall mounted stuff just looks like they're floating in mid-air (both in the habitat and mostly on the Cyclops).
  • jgsavelljgsavell Join Date: 2020-05-16 Member: 261077Members
    I recently purchased Subnautica on PS4. After downloading it the update history shows 1.07 as the most recent update. How do I get version 1.09?
  • scott66scott66 Join Date: 2020-06-19 Member: 261973Members
    I'm sure no-one is paying attention to this, but I too have v1.07 on PS4 even though I've checked for an update many times and it always says I have the most recent, but apparently that isn't true as v1.09 is most current.

I'm unable to save any progress and have wasted close to 20hrs on this. Like other posters have mentioned, why is new content being added when the base game needs massive stabilization and bug fixes?
  • JmelykJmelyk Ukraine Join Date: 2021-04-01 Member: 268692Members
    Waiting for ukrainian language ??