Quick Slot for Consoles

LyaliusLyalius Join Date: 2019-03-12 Member: 251706Members
Okay I wasn't sure whether to put this under consoles or here but I picked here because it's Suggestions.

It's pretty annoying having to dump everything that can go into the quick slots into a locker and out just to reorganize them so I have an idea.

What about giving us the option to lock the slots so we don't have to deal with this? I like my Seaglide always in Slot 1 with the Knife being in Slot 2 and Scanner in Slot 3.

Though if it's too much of an issue coding wise then just letting us lock one in place would still be great.

And to quickly place items in the slot we want how about holding a button (Default being X or A depending on if you use PS4 or Xbox) and tapping left or right on the D-Pad to place the tool where you want.

You could also just leave the system as 'Tap X/A to put items in the first slot' but with the alternative of putting items in the next available slot that isn't locked.

Idk I can live with it but it's just a minor annoyance...especially when you're panicking and looking for your Seaglide but your quick slots turned into a jumbled mess so you accidentally go over it multiple times and wind up dying because of it.

Comments

• MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    That would also be a blessing to pc gamers that opt for a joystick.
  • LyaliusLyalius Join Date: 2019-03-12 Member: 251706Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    That would also be a blessing to pc gamers that opt for a joystick.

Honestly I'm not sure why you would. I've been contemplating buying a keyboard and mouse just to see if I can get it to work with my PS4.

But yeah I didn't even think about it being useful to PC players who choose to use a controller instead.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    edited December 2019
    Because I sit most of the day with mouse+keyboard. I want to lay down and play comfortably. Can't beat a joystick in that.
    The only things I don't play with a controller are strategy/online games.
  • Sergey_KSergey_K Russian Federation Join Date: 2020-01-10 Member: 257086Members
    I support this idia. Just hate to rearrange tools all over again when i had to swap just one.