Subnautica: Below Zero Console Plans and Roadmap - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica: Below Zero Console Plans and Roadmap - Subnautica

Hey everybody! People have been asking us what our plans are for Below Zero on consoles, and I’d like to expand a little on what has been happening on that...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    This sounds like a cool project I'd love to see below zero come to console but I thought you stated that once you were finished with below zero on PC your main focus was to start polishing the original subnautica on console with new bug updates then when you were finished that I was expecting to get a console version of below zero so why work on below zero for console when that would only be giving you limited amount of time on all your projects?
  • virtualdonvirtualdon Join Date: 2019-11-22 Member: 255783Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Confirm Email, Subnautica Developer
    This sounds like a cool project I'd love to see below zero come to console but I thought you stated that once you were finished with below zero on PC your main focus was to start polishing the original subnautica on console with new bug updates then when you were finished that I was expecting to get a console version of below zero so why work on below zero for console when that would only be giving you limited amount of time on all your projects?

We are working on bug fixes and updates to Subnautica on consoles simultaneously with our efforts to bring Below Zero to consoles.
  • joshiewashiejoshiewashie Mobile AL Join Date: 2019-12-17 Member: 256498Members
    edited December 2019
    You guys are awesome please keep it up! I love your subnautica games and the vast under water world yall have created. Seriously remarkable and splendid work. Ive never played a game quite as beautiful as this one. 10/10
  • BigMeikBigMeik Planet 4546B Join Date: 2019-05-15 Member: 252896Members
    I really like the fact that you take your time to make the game as good as it deserves to be. It's been so insightful seeing the work each of you has contributed and I'm really looking forward to what you have in store for us in 2020!
  • YAEL31YAEL31 Mexico Join Date: 2019-12-17 Member: 256499Members
    Yes, i like the idea! You can!
  • YAEL31YAEL31 Mexico Join Date: 2019-12-17 Member: 256499Members
  • maikb_maikb_ The Netherlands Join Date: 2019-12-17 Member: 256502Members
    Very nice to hear, i absolutely love the original Subnautica on PS4, i have played about 30 hours in one week please continue with the Subnautica series
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    I'm apologizing in advance for all the folks that emailed me and that I didn't respond to. I'm going to try to send this to many of them now!
  • Mark_EMark_E Join Date: 2019-12-17 Member: 256509Members
    Fantastic to hear, Subnautica is a fantastic game, even with some bugs and super slow saving on the xbox. My personal feeling is you went too bold with Below Zero straight away I would have been happy to purchase a story add on pack where you play from a different lifepod and a few things are adapted and story is changed, maybe with a few new items or upgrades. Looking forward to Below Zero on the xbox though looks fantastic, I'll buy straight away but will wait till I hear its fully stable before playing.
  • LavaEndermanLavaEnderman Join Date: 2019-10-06 Member: 254945Members
    Can Subnautica Below Zero be ported to the Nintendo Switch?
  • benji32benji32 Luxemburg Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245121Members
    Hey guys , i just wanted to metion that luxemburg and few other little countries are still missing subnautica on the store i would be glad if you fixed it there's a way getting the game on ps4 in luxemburg but it's hard :/ and nice work on below zero i hope it won't get those sony restrictions like in the previous release of the main game :)
  • v1Spawnv1Spawn England Join Date: 2019-10-30 Member: 255228Members
    Awesome! Thanks for the update, I play on ps4 so appreciate this :)
  • antredantred antred1978@gmail.com Join Date: 2019-12-18 Member: 256541Members
    That's great, but please don't forget to fix the base Subnautica game! After the last patch, there are lots of problems with draw distance, falling through the Cyclops and the player not being able to fit through openings made by a laser cutter.
  • nano2782nano2782 Join Date: 2019-11-29 Member: 256018Members
    edited December 2019
    Antred: I always encounter the issue with the laser cutter when a door was cut. I couldn’t go through the opening and I restar the game and the issue was gone. I hope this helps.

I am so excited about Subnautica Below Zero, I am currently playing and each day gets better and better.

The original Subnautica is amazing, one the best game I ever play, I didn’t sleep, I wanted to explore everything....Building better seabase endless configurations and gather more resources!
  • LeviathankrakenLeviathankraken Arkansas Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255352Members
    Please please add thunderstorms and more weather to the original subnautica!
  • ayatesayates Join Date: 2019-12-12 Member: 256350Members
    Why can't we still do Xbox Play Anywhere and cloud saves on PC? The store says it supports it but it doesn't. I want to take my xbox to save to PC.
  • CabobCabob Join Date: 2019-12-20 Member: 256587Members
    Awesome! Just finished the first game, and I only encountered a couple bugs, none of them detrimental to gameplay so it's fine. Just some performance and strange graphical glitches. Subnautica is for sure one of my favorites, and I'm SUPER excited for below zero to come out on xbox. I saw that sneaky little glance at the arctic when I left on the neptune rocket. Got me hyped. :)
  • blastikblastik Portland Join Date: 2019-12-22 Member: 256666Members
    It's nice to read this. After playing the Xbox One version for a year now, and seeing the included hype sheet for Below Zero that came with the game, I was beginning to think the whole idea had been scrapped. Literally cannot wait for Below Zero!
  • BelowZeroOnPS4BelowZeroOnPS4 London Join Date: 2019-12-06 Member: 256173Members
    Jargon! Always with the Jargon. I totally hate smoke and mirrors. For almost a whole year you kept us waiting saying it’s nearly here. But I didn’t come. Now we coming into 2020 and you saying the same thing.
    It’s nearly here and you happy to share with all your fans.....

If I could attach an electric rod to this team and ZAP them every time they avoided the question. Me and millions of fans would be happy,

Just be plain and give us a real estimate date of release. ALL GAMES in the world can find things to improve on. But they still got there games out.

What improvements are so MASSIVE you can’t do with a normal UPDATE.

Let your fans know when this game is coming to consoles.

Talk straight
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Giving an expected release date just gives more trouble if something goes wrong. Players get very angry when a release date is missed, or a game is released with common issues. An update can't fix a game studio's reputation. No Man's Sky, anyone?

Talk about reality.
  • FeiwuzeiFeiwuzei Hawaii Join Date: 2019-11-17 Member: 255638Members
    edited December 2019
    !00% reload today and no posts about the updates with it?!!!
  • StargazeerStargazeer Join Date: 2019-12-31 Member: 256865Members
    Subnautica was a great game. I picked up below zero on a sale and so far haven't installed it at all. But I trust the devs to provide a great product when it's finished. And I trust them to only release it as "finished" when it's actually bloody well finished. Not when it needs 3 years of updates to be good. Not every game can pull a NMS.

Keep on trucking UW, I'll still be waiting when it's done.
  • BelowZeroOnPS4BelowZeroOnPS4 London Join Date: 2019-12-06 Member: 256173Members
    STARGAZEER

if you remember rightfully they bought out subnautica with loads of errors and everyone who played it loved it. But it took them 4 LONG years to move it from PC to console.
    If it took them 4 years to bring us a game with errors. I don’t want to think how long we would have to wait for a game with ZERO errors.

Let them give us what they have. Let the fans be the judge
  • omegazenomegazen Join Date: 2020-01-11 Member: 257113Members
    edited January 2020
    @BelowZeroOnPS4 on behalf of everyone who actually wants a quality release of an amazing game's sequel, without bugs, and doesn't mind waiting a while to play it because I have a real life and I don't spend all my time thinking about 1 game, SHUT the f*** UP. Let them do their work.

Too many games are released as trash these days needing several updates before they are even worthy, gaming quality has gone down so much over the past decade, because of people like you. Go get a hobby while you wait, and the game will be out before you realize it. Go read a book, child :)
  • SuspectCaloSuspectCalo Join Date: 2019-12-21 Member: 256615Members
    I am so sick of waiting
  • Gator398Gator398 OKC Join Date: 2020-01-19 Member: 257289Members
    I am blown away by this game my 10 yr old son begged me to buy him. I'm probably like many casual console owners that would gladly buy your sequel game with any minor bugs to be worked out. Nothing is perfect, am i right?? Lol keep up the great work devs
  • DesalissDesaliss USA Join Date: 2020-01-23 Member: 257347Members
    Totally disappointed. In no way does this feel like a full game, just a expatiation pack. i am even including the 1/3 of the things we cant even craft yet like the sea truck planter and such. this game felt like 15 minutes of dialogue stretched over 2 days of resource grind. To make things worse your road map says that's all there going to be. the world is beautiful but small and empty in its content.. i would never recommend this game to anyone, even at 1/3 the cost of a AAA title its not worth that having only 1/30th the content of any similar title. very sad considering the potential this IP had.
  • PhontexPhontex Buena Vista Colorado Join Date: 2020-01-29 Member: 257498Members
    I, for one, really enjoyed the first part of Subnautica, buggy though it may be. The gorgeous underwater landscape coupled with it's "in the background" storyline was a delightful and unique take on a survival/builder game. Sure the playable world could've been bigger. The only problems that I really had with the gameplay was the inability to play as a female nor could it be played co-op. Split screen would have been nice. That said, I am really looking forward to the Below Zero addition. I hope that its just as beautiful and mesmerizing as the first part. So, please, take your time and make it as good as can be... and add a playable girl and split screen co-op to both. XOXO
  • AdamantiumAdamantium Join Date: 2020-01-28 Member: 257472Members
    edited January 2020
    Just finished Subnautica and it's absolutely amazing. Thank you. I'm sure it took a great deal of time and hard work for you guys to make it and although I'd love to get my hands on Below Zero I know we should be patient.

Subnautica is now in my all-time Top5 games and I won't forget about it for a long time.

Ps. All those people who moan and complain need to realize that they just chase that 'subnautica high' and it's highly doubtful that BZ or anything else will ever match it.
  • silverdevil101silverdevil101 Evanston Wyoming Join Date: 2020-02-06 Member: 257648Members
    Subnautica is a great game personally I think the only way to make it better is if you could build colony's online with friends.