Subnautica Big Little Update Released - Subnautica

124»

Comments

• KingPhantomKingPhantom Switzerland Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228351Members
    as there is no new thread for yesterdays update i will use this one:

thank you for the update and keep the game actual!
    i am still hoping that some base building stuff from below zero will find a way into classic subnautica :D
  • AlainColcerAlainColcer Chile, South America Join Date: 2019-09-13 Member: 254689Members
    I wanted to chime in and say thanks for the update. The game runs much better at high-res with filmic mode on.

In particular, there is much less geometry pop-in.
  • WicDavidWicDavid Join Date: 2019-11-26 Member: 255911Members
    WicDavid wrote: »
    I am happy to see that this is being updated. On the other side, I am terribly sad that every single mod is no longer able to work with the update. I had a saved game (also the only one I had at the time) with a few mods used in it. I now I have to delete it as it will no longer load correctly because of no longer supporting the the mods. Starting over from nothing is very upsetting and makes the HUGE amount of time in the game was kind of wasted when things like this happen to a game making you delete a save that you spent months playing.

Just incase you havent figured this out by yourself yet, mods stop working following an update. This is perfectly normal and nothing to do with Unknownworlds. All mods (or any that I use personally) have all now been updated to support the little big update. So go and download the new versions. Make sure qmods and modding helper are also the latest version. I am currently playing with around 20 mods enabled and everything is working perfectly, mods wise.

Sorry, I am STILL trying to get mods working and have been on and off since the update. I have the newest versions of every mod I would like to use or have used and NONE of them are working. Not a single thing I have done has made them work. I have installed, uninstalled, verified the game all over and over in hopes that something will get them working again. My old save I gave up on and it is now gone because of a mix of frustration and thinking it is likely corrupted something terrible now. Having to take all of this time to try to get these working again when the first time I installed these took under an hour in total makes one want to just not return to playing it. The disappointment of hours of trying to get something others say will work that never seems to makes it hard to want to keep doing it.
  • VoluspaVoluspa Old Earth Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250375Members
    @WicDavid are the mods updated after the game update? I used several mods by people who don't seem to be around to update their mods anymore and so those won't work. Admittedly I haven't even tried the ones that were updated yet but I assume the ones that claim to be updated after the "little big update" should be working. "Newest" just isn't enough if they're older than what was it? Mid-november this year?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I would guess mods have to be re-updated after the December 11 patch.
  • VoluspaVoluspa Old Earth Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250375Members
  • Syntex2219Syntex2219 Join Date: 2019-12-16 Member: 256456Members
    edited December 2019
    Guys, after the recent big update stopped working all the mods on Subnautica, after reinstalling the mods, the game does not start at all. I wanted to ask, mod came to an end and then will release an update to be able to run again mods?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Syntex2219 After an update, most/all mods have to be fixed in order to work with the update. This is just the way Subnautica mods work. Find mods with a release date after the latest Subnautica update.
  • RitaMarinerRitaMariner Missouri Join Date: 2018-12-21 Member: 246577Members
    When I ran into a door or wreck access I couldn't enter. I would report F8, location (X,Y,Z) the bug and then SAVE, QUIT and RELOAD Game, that fixed it for that one time.
  • RitaMarinerRitaMariner Missouri Join Date: 2018-12-21 Member: 246577Members
    The problem I am having at the moment is, down in the LAVA ZONE. I would exit my PRAWN Suit and the camera view would go immediately to 6 inches from floor. Until I interacted with something and that broke the glitch. Other issue was I lost 3 games in the Thermal Plant, when exiting PRAWN Suit and then attempting to reenter, the game would go nuts and bounce me all over. SAVING, QUITTING and RELOADING could not salvage game.
  • lordmexxlordmexx Join Date: 2020-01-03 Member: 256935Members
    hello, devs can you please bring back code redeem thing?
  • MadeMink86723MadeMink86723 Join Date: 2020-01-09 Member: 257078Members
    What do i do if subnautica keeps crashing at 20% while loading im playing it on the x-box one
  • kruppe12kruppe12 Join Date: 2020-02-09 Member: 257738Members
    Ever since this update, my (unmodded) game is really laggy. It's using the right graphics card, there are no other programs running, I can't see anything that could be causing it beyond the newest update. Everything is really jerky, visually and with gameplay actions. My computer used to be able to run this without any issues, and is more than powerful enough to do so. If anyone has experienced this and knows a fix, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
  • casanofficasanoffi Join Date: 2020-02-07 Member: 257674Members
    Seems like it was quite wise to wait all these years to finally play this wonderful game ^^
    Started 2 weeks ago and I experienced just a few popups when entering a new biome.

Beside that it runs flawless on my working station.
    No clipping issues, no framedrops, no cannot-go-through-lasercut-doors etc.

Xeon E5-2667v3 @3.2GHz
    12 GB RAM
    Nvidia Quadro P5000
  • DeceliesDecelies Join Date: 2020-02-28 Member: 258341Members
    MrMiggins wrote: »
    I hope these fixes will be coming to the PS4. Subnautica is such an amazing game, but since I don't own a gaming PC, I took the plunge and bought it on PS4. I was able to finish the game without too many problems... some glitches and draw-distance issues. Despite these, Subnautica is up there with some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. A thrilling ride! Please continue to support the PS4 port.

Wow. This game is so good, but yet so many glitches. PLEASE FIX THEM. Here they are: Stair glitch, lag, shadow leviathan swims through walls, and the chelicerate teleports. PLEASE FIX. But, I recommend some extra items. Reaper Leviathan back, large radios, toilet paper, light switches for large room, dining tables, bedroom items, closets, books, lamps, waterproof lamp posts, Big stoves, couches, coffee tables, computers, kitchen condiments, multiplayer, clocks, and finally the biggest leviathan we have seen. PLEASE ADD THESE, And if you can when finished with the code, check for bugs. Like I said, this is the best game I have ever played. Such good graphics, interactions, good times, and a scene similar to the Aurora crash down or sunbeam shootdown. In this seen PLEASE add another rescue ship from the space station but they get hit by a meteor. Also we need more precursor/architect technology or scenes. PLEASE AND THANK YOU. You made the best game of my life and I would appreciate these updates. Thanks!