Scanner blips are still not working correctly. Very disappointing.

WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
One of the things that appeared to be fixed in the little big update, was the scanner room HUD chip blips. Previously, the scanner room would have failed to find whatever it was you were searching for, and, more annoyingly, when you did find something and mined it, the blip would remain! The latter issue was resolved with the latest update, or so I thought...

Previously, to fix the problem, you could just save your game and load it up again to remove the mined resources from the blips, however now not only does this annoying issue remain, saving and reloading your game doesn't fix it!

I have just saved and reloaded my game 4 times, and every time when I ask my scanner room to scan for Copper Ore in the Mush Forest, it "finds" a deposit that simply isn't there. The circle appears around absolutely nothing. I tried warping forward incase the deposit had somehow spawned into the ground but no, nothing.

I was super excited this issue had been resolved, as it was definitely in the top 5 of Subnautica bugs, but it appears as if it hasn't. I wonder has the bug where you are inside the Cyclops one minute, then on the roof of it the next minute been resolved, that one is also in my top 5.

Comments

• WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
    I should probably mention that I am on Windows 10 with the latest update. Epic games version.
    Images showing the problem:

irov7mxs003l.jpg
    gdesccgvkyvk.jpg
    Update: So I use quite a lot of mods in my game, as its something like my 8th or 9th playthrough (the update was an excuse for me to do it all over again) so I decided to disable every single mod to see if that was causing the issue - nope, same issue. So now I know 100% that this is an issue with the core game and not mod related.
    9hfz7hhbwrpb.jpg Large copper deposit just floating. Never noticed this behaviour pre update. I wonder is there now some underlying issue regarding large deposits.
    While I appreciate the regular updates to the game, its very disheartening to see that even after the latest patch (12 Dec) this issue persists. As of 14th of December 2019, scanner room blips are virtually useless. You can see from the below image, my scanner room / HUD chip is displaying 3 sources of Kyanite - ZERO actually exist....

0ip6912fvs8f.png
  • MarkJohnsonMarkJohnson Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245346Members
    It is likely a mod. Disabling mods may not prevent them from being compiled and loaded into memory and still affecting the game.

Remove all mods completely and test again.
  • ALLHAILNOOTNOOTALLHAILNOOTNOOT Join Date: 2019-12-15 Member: 256413Members
    Oh well, mod conflicts happen.

It is likely a mod. Disabling mods may not prevent them from being compiled and loaded into memory and still affecting the game.

Remove all mods completely and test again.

What is your definition of "remove all mods completely"? I have deleted the QMods folder from the game directory, is there something else I can do?
    Oh well, mod conflicts happen.
    Me wrote:
    Update: So I use quite a lot of mods in my game, as its something like my 8th or 9th playthrough (the update was an excuse for me to do it all over again) so I decided to disable every single mod to see if that was causing the issue - nope, same issue. So now I know 100% that this is an issue with the core game and not mod related.

Please read before commenting.
    Also - DEVS, some form of input would be most welcome here....