Playable Archival Game Versions - post release

WindstrikerWindstriker houston Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210923Members
Despite already having bought the game I do not intend to play it until the final version comes out. I wish to preserve my sense of wonder for the final version of the game because I wish I had done that for the original Subnautica. That leaves me with a interesting problem now. Y'all have stated that story is going to be reworked for the final game and I find that really interesting. The problem is I don't want to play below zero yet but would still like to see how the story changes. Once the final version of the game is released, is there a way to allow players to go back and play the game as it is now(11/27/19)? I would love to have the option to see how the story changed between now and the final version.

I think others would find this option interesting as well.

Comments

• mitay_wallemitay_walle Russian Federation Join Date: 2019-12-11 Member: 256308Members
    Hi! Subnautica is amazing game, have 150+ hours, and at this line game became preaty easy, but need some improvements, different recipes, or interesting helpers.. And modes help in this. Devs made amazing work, allowing to mode game, and modders on NexusMods already made some cool things, that I used. But after some last updates mods stopped work. And steam forces game to update, and no solution for stopping this, except that devs create beta-branch with old builds. Thats it. Thanks!
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    There used to be a way to run old versions on Steam, haven't heard whether it still works. This post is from April 2017, before the full version was released:

(thread title "Acituanbus: how to download any version of Subnautica on Steam" - Acituanbus was apparently first to post the info)
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

(link in case auto-link fails)

• mitay_wallemitay_walle Russian Federation Join Date: 2019-12-11 Member: 256308Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    There used to be a way to run old versions on Steam, haven't heard whether it still works. This post is from April 2017, before the full version was released:

(thread title "Acituanbus: how to download any version of Subnautica on Steam" - Acituanbus was apparently first to post the info)
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

(link in case auto-link fails)

Hi, thanks for video, and I've tried this way successfuly, but missed up with right version for working modes. And downloading through depots / builds is not controlled by steam downloads page, so you just wait for ages, while it download it, and don't know, when it finishes. And in the end you miss up with version, and start again, and miss again, download, wait etc... I think I need to know right version for working mods before I start download it. Anyway, thanks for video, and everyone now can find it here!