Dec 11th Patch thread

WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
As there is no thread yet for the Dec 11 Patch (the patch following the little big update) I thought I would make one.

What do we all think? Ive just launched the game for the first time following the patch and its totally messed up, but that's because of the mods now being all disabled due to the patch. Cant blame UWE for that.

I am quite surprised to have another update so soon after the little big update though. But I think its good the original game is still being looked after well.

Comments

• TheDrizzle404TheDrizzle404 Join Date: 2019-12-12 Member: 256351Members
    I think I can't find any information about it.
  • MarkJohnsonMarkJohnson Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245346Members
    It's working great for me. ports and laser cut doors are fine. moonpool/seamother bug seems fixed now.

I get better FPS and smoother gameplay.
  • ElipopeliElipopeli Luxembourg Join Date: 2019-12-13 Member: 256371Members
    Since the new patch I have problems using the console. For the command speed, it won't except decimal numbers anymore.
    When I try to swim half as fast -> speed 0.5, it sets the speed to 5, 0.2 to 2 and so forth.
    Same for VR and "normal version".
    Does anybody have the same problem or knows how to fix it?

Platform: PC (Windows 10)
  • donut2ddonut2d Join Date: 2019-12-13 Member: 256380Members
    edited December 2019
    This made the game basically unplayable for me on my 2018 MacBook Pro. The FPS has dropped in a lot of situations by half even at the lowest settings. Plus the water looks really weird now.

dzu67z72kok9.jpeg

macOS 10.14.6
    2018 15" MacBook Pro
    2.6 GHz Core i7 (6 physical cores)
    32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

Is there any way to rollback an update with Steam?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @donut2d There used to be a way to play any version on Steam, thread here. The thread is from back in early access, so not sure it still works.

If that works, probably want to go before "Big little update" in early November, as that had broken some stuff on Mac. (send developers a bug report, of course).
  • WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
    Sorry I cant offer anyone any advice on how to solve their own issues, as I myself am still finding my way with it. For anyone that uses mods, I have just discovered there is now an updated version of QModManager compatible with this update, as well as updated mods, so Im gonna get everything updated and see how I go.
  • donut2ddonut2d Join Date: 2019-12-13 Member: 256380Members
    @narfblat Looks like this guide still works for going to an old version. However, I ended up just replacing all my Steam files with a backup from a few days before the patch and blocking Steam from accessing the internet. Thanks for the suggestion.