[Bug] Prawn Suits still can glitch through ground and other objects

WhiteShadow2355WhiteShadow2355 Join Date: 2018-07-05 Member: 241943Members
I'm playing on the latest Sept, 2018 version and several issues with the prawn suits still exist even this late into the game's development. I don't expect it to be fixed for the main game but I would hope they would at least look into it for the upcoming stand alone DLC.
The Prawn Suits on several occasions will fall through the floor when traversing certain areas. One that comes to mind is walking along the bottom of the brine pits in The River. I've also encountered issues where I could glitch into ship wreckages before the entity could load all the way and once it had loaded it would trap my Prawn Suit inside of it.
In the instance where I haven't saved in a good amount of time, these glitches could cause the lose of several hours of play. Not to mention being forced to abandon ship while being that deep would undoubtedly end with my character drowning.

Comments

• Over9000BPMOver9000BPM Join Date: 2019-01-06 Member: 248189Members
  • Nickguy5467Nickguy5467 California Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248505Members
    I have this happen quite often too.. my prawn suit falls through the sea bed so far that it cant float up again and i have to go back to my previous save which often is like 20 minutes ago where i had already done so many things that i now have to redo. be nice is devs would adress and fix this issue already.
  • RadonRadon Canada Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248506Members
    edited January 2019
    I am trapped in my prawn because it glitches through the floor and when I went to quit I had saved now I have to delete my save and start a new game this is really annoying please fix this the prawn had already drained energy but for some reason I can move up and down and my oxygen doesn’t drain and I’m on freedom (PS4)
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Is anyone having this issue on PC right now? We have some improvements to the world streaming that should help out on the console side(in the next patch), and an unrelated(similar symptom) where freshly constructed PRAWNs should no longer fall through the world(along with other droppable items). These are being tested now, and will be in the next console patch.
  • VegetableWizardVegetableWizard Join Date: 2019-01-12 Member: 248588Members
    I'm having this issue on PC still - I've fallen through the floor in my PRAWN a couple of times. I'm using the latest version of the game (September 2018)
  • SRGunnerSRGunner Utah Join Date: 2019-01-12 Member: 248607Members
    Just happened to me on PC - A Reaper Leviathan picked me up in my PRAWN and dropped me through the floor. Not a huge deal; just load the save and repeat last 30 min or so. Minor annoyance right? Only problem I'm struggling with: is the time capsule I'd picked up during that time. I don't know how they work but I guess I can't get that same one again? It had 4 mods for the Seamoth that were going to be huge game-changers for me as I currently have 0 mods. When opening the capsule a second time it just had some melon seeds. Reloaded the save and when opening the capsule for the third time, (and every subsequent time (I've tried roughly 10 times)) it has nothing but the miniature Aurora decoration. I've attached an image of the PDA for it.(guess i can't post links yet) Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated as I'm thoroughly confused. Also this is my first forum post so if I'm being dumb or in the wrong spot let me know. :#

(image might be potential spoiler *shrug*)
  • pepsi_max2kpepsi_max2k Join Date: 2019-01-12 Member: 248630Members
    edited January 2019
    I just had this on PC. Relatively new Prawn, tried to walk through a gap, got stuck (a bug in itself), got out and swam back to base. Swam back to the prawn and the entire scenery square it was in was invisible. Got back in the Prawn, immeditely started sinking down below the ground (or rather, lack of ground as it were). Restarted and the scenery square is back, just with the prawn stuck underneath it.

Fun times.
  • jdw805jdw805 SoCal Join Date: 2019-01-12 Member: 248633Members
    I just started playing the game a couple weeks ago and I have fell through the floor a couple times in my Prawn Suit.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Thank you all for the info/follow up.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Just finished (today) a full playthrough of subnautica on PC (running latest version), and this bug happened to me at multiple points in my run. Always triggered by me falling too fast for the ground to load and falling through the world. hopefully that helps
  • PhantomcassandraPhantomcassandra Join Date: 2019-05-15 Member: 252899Members
    Just recently redownloaded Subnautica and was basically forced to uninstall it. I have lost probably 5-6 PRAWN suits now due to this issue still being in effect and when I'm getting into the storyline and exploring I forget to save every 5 minutes. Really frustrating and I honestly just uninstalled it since I can't progress in the story at all at this point. All I had left was to cure myself which I couldn't do because heyyy I fall through the earth every 5 minutes. I noticed it happens a lot with the jet upgrades and grappling suit upgrades.
  • vinciblecoinvinciblecoin puerto rico Join Date: 2019-12-01 Member: 256057Members
    My dudes its 2019 and i just lost hours worth of game play due to my prawn suit getting glitched inside the sea bed.

Not only that but my second prawn suit was pushed inside the giant gun structure in the island by a leviathan,to make matters worse. the leviathan gained the power to go through walls and yes you guessed it "fly". WTAF man

And to clarify this is the console version.
  • JepserpJepserp Sweden Join Date: 2019-12-01 Member: 256066Members
    Hey! Similar problem as @vinciblecoin my Seamoth with a bunch of upgrades got pushed underground by a leviathan and I can't get it up. Searched for people with the same problem and their solution was to go to F1 > Clip mapping > Suspend meshing. Buut it seems that the version that I'm running doesn't have that option. It has basically caused me to stop playing cause I don't feel motivated to get all of that back cause of a bug. I really want to play the game cause it's so amazing, is there any way that I can retrieve it? (Not sure if this is considered off topic but it is my first post so i couldn't make a new topic) Thanks in advance :)
  • cire623cire623 Join Date: 2019-12-07 Member: 256210Members
    Still happening on ps4 holes in the floor are very common and just lost my prawn suit because of it
  • EgdodEgdod Join Date: 2019-12-28 Member: 256787Members
    My Prawn Suit glitched through the Alien Power Plant and fell through the bottom of the world upon loading the game. The lack of multiple save points is a real issue, since now the game is essentially ruined for me just as I was getting to the finale. I suppose I could use console commands to recreate everything I've lost, but that sounds like a lot of work. Too bad, it was a great game while it lasted.
  • stormbornstormborn australia Join Date: 2019-12-28 Member: 256790Members
    just making my one post
  • MyOnlyHomeMyOnlyHome United States Join Date: 2020-01-01 Member: 256888Members
    Egdod wrote: »
    My Prawn Suit glitched through the Alien Power Plant and fell through the bottom of the world upon loading the game. The lack of multiple save points is a real issue, since now the game is essentially ruined for me just as I was getting to the finale. I suppose I could use console commands to recreate everything I've lost, but that sounds like a lot of work. Too bad, it was a great game while it lasted.

Spam press the "Exit Vehicle" button during the load process and you will jump out of the suit and you won't glitch through. I had this exact same problem.
  • SteelforgeSteelforge Join Date: 2020-01-17 Member: 257223Members
    cire623 wrote: »
    Still happening on ps4 holes in the floor are very common and just lost my prawn suit because of it

On PC too. Running build 1/9/2020 2:23:44 PM.

Lost two Prawns and a Seamoth to the voracious sea bed monster.
    Their beacons beckon to unwitting sailors like sirens.
  • legonpowerlegonpower Join Date: 2020-01-24 Member: 257382Members
    I got this bug as well its 2020 now yall still havent fixed this bug
  • JPeJPe Brazil Join Date: 2020-01-31 Member: 257529Members
    We are already arriving in February 2020 and I am seeing this bug in my game. Will this bug no longer be fixed?
    Subnautica had not given me any problems before that. I confess that this game is one of the best I have ever played, but this bug is really making me upset, because it happens very often and is hindering the experience with the game.
  • LOLMAITRELOLMAITRE Join Date: 2020-01-31 Member: 257538Members
    I saved my game while in the prawn in the mountain island gun building next to the portal. Went to go and reload the game and my prawn suit gets flung around and through the world. It eventually kills me and my prawn suit is still stuck in the wall. Help.
  • danatitatipatidanatitatipati Join Date: 2020-02-01 Member: 257552Members
    edited February 2020
    Oh wow, I need to wait 1 day to post my issue... At least this one is related af

SPOILER ALERT - you read this on your own risk.

I've got simmilar bug with PRAWN which resulted in PROGRESSION BREAK. I'm (or rather I was) at the very end of the game. I did a save right after
    entering the prime/last alien facility.
    I had only to
    gather all those freaking plants I didn't need for the whole game.

My PRAWN was standing right behind the "shield/wall" preventing water from getting in, my Cyclops pushed by
    emperor dragon-squid like thing
    close to the entrance (about 20m from PRAWN).

I had to reload the save (as I lost myself looking for a way back after traveling
    through alien portal.
    When the save loaded me and my PRAWN suit were launched fast forward , battering cyclops almost to death of both, then through the geometry around, textures etc. There's no way to avoid that (i.e by launching grappling hook or using thrusters), as reloading the savegame again does the same thing.

Could you please take my 600+mb of savegame and... maybe fix it?! I've put about 15h into the game just to travel there with everything I could take with me, and doing every upgrade I could do, to be prepared. 2days + total on counter, since Early Access.I'm really, really, realll ,REALY angry right now...

//Edit:
    Version: Steam, PC, 63668
    Windows 10, 64 bit
    Compilation data: 01.09.2020, 14:23
  • goochrashgoochrash Join Date: 2020-02-05 Member: 257626Members
    edited February 2020
    LOLMAITRE wrote: »
    I saved my game while in the prawn in the mountain island gun building next to the portal. Went to go and reload the game and my prawn suit gets flung around and through the world. It eventually kills me and my prawn suit is still stuck in the wall. Help.

I had this same problem. Load up your game and while the game is loading spam 'E' to get out of the prawn suit (or whatever button you use to get out of the prawn). But when you actually load in you should be out and not flying all over the place.
  • sarastar868sarastar868 Join Date: 2020-02-07 Member: 257666Members
    Hello! I'm having a similar problem, I think. My prawn suit is currently out of power, but I can't get out of it because I'm facing a rock. I do have extra power cells, but I can't access the power cells from the inside to change them. I think this can easily be fixed be having the player exit the suit through the hatch at the top rather than through the solid glass in front lol.
    Sorry that this is a bit off topic, but I just created my account to report this, and apparently I can't make a new topic for 24 hours.
    Thank you!
  • aznjoeaznjoe Join Date: 2020-02-09 Member: 257728Members
    All, had this issue at a point it'd be really annoying to get out of the area without it (trying to avoid spoilers). I was able to resolve it by using my repulsion cannon to push the Prawn, and it became unstuck. Hopefully this helps anyone with this issue as well.
  • EssanderaEssandera Join Date: 2020-02-09 Member: 257733Members
    I made the big mistake of leaving my Prawn Suit standing on sea ground (instead of parking it in the garrage) as I went off exploring. When I returned, I searched for at least 15 minutes where does its beacon come from, until I realised that the Suit must have fallen through the sea floor and get stuck just a meter or two underground. There was litteraly nothing I could do about it since while I was away from the base, I re-saved a bunch of times and there was no way for me to go back to my previous save. :(
    I really really wish there would at least be a debug command to respawn the prawn suit in the dock (if you devs don't or can't fix this particular issue) or at least a command that would allow destroying it so the beacons disappear from the beacon menu and it's not taunting us constantly :/.
    I realize that you are probably more focused on Bellow Zero but you have no idea how many people would appreciate a solid way to deal with this issue.

Thank you for your time
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Essandera there are a couple ways to temporarily modify terrain, should let you down to the prawn.
    dig 10
    or
    item 514

Change the amount on the "dig" code to dig more or less. The item from the second option is the terraformer, lets you remove or add terrain. (All terrain changes from either method won't save, as this caused save corruption.)
  • Rhiannon963Rhiannon963 Scotland Join Date: 2020-02-19 Member: 258071Members
    This is the second time I’ve had this glitch and it only seems to happen in the prawn suit. I thought it was because I was in freedom the first time but I’ve spent over 31 hours on the survival version and now I’m stuck almost at the very end. I’ll try not to spoil anything but I was a the final area shall we call it and i glitched through the floor. I’m now stuck in the foundations of said area and I’m stuck. Despite my better judgment I saved the game in an attempt to reload and see if it would spawn me back but no. I was still stuck and now I have to delete everything and start again. I’d really like it if the developers could do something about this or at least help us find a way to fix it because this is ridiculous.
  • khelly223khelly223 Texas Join Date: 2020-02-15 Member: 257919Members
    The floor bug in the alien bases has gotten much worse. I made a new post about it. It happens consistently, now, and can kill any HC game. Walking PCs sink to their knees in the floor, and PRAWN suits get stuck with their jets disabled. Grappler arms can sometimes be used to drag the PRAWN to an exit. Sometimes PRAWNs will fall through the floor. This bug seems to be triggered by ramps. Unknown Worlds has not said a damned thing about it, though this got bad about a week ago, apparently with a stealth update.
  • fishykid32fishykid32 United States Join Date: 2020-02-22 Member: 258209Members
    I just lost a hardcore world with 20 hours of gameplay due to this bug. I was playing the night before and I started to get the glitch where you exit the PRAWN really low to the floor indoors. I didn't think it was anything much at the time. Then my PRAWN began to have issues moving around indoors, so much so that I had to use the grappling arm to get around exclusively inside the alien thermal facility. A while later I got to the primary containment facility in my prawn and figured that was a good point to stop for the night considering it was 2 am so I saved in the ion cube generator room. Lo and behold I open my game today and my PRAWN gets launched out of the facility, through the wall of the active lava zone and into complete darkness with me in tow. I tried to save myself with the grappling arm right before I flew out of the lava zone but to no avail, it simply stopped two inches in front of my face and retracted. I let my PRAWN descend as far as it would and exited, thinking maybe I'll get teleported to the surface somehow, but no luck. I am currently 7000m deep and falling, not even in water, mind you, with no way to recover my world. I'm currently staying away from Below Zero stuff so I can play it when it comes out without having anything spoiled for me, but if I find out this glitch is still in Below Zero when it releases fully, I will not be playing it. This is something that should've been focused on and fixed when this thread first popped up last year.