Subnautica Big Little Update Released - Subnautica

Comments

• CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    Thanks a lot for keeping the game updated, even if it may take a few minor releases before it fully stabilizes.
    Personally, I eagerly await for the PS4 update(s), as I've long been wanting to play a hardcore game, but it would have been quite perilous to do so with the current console version of the game which has a significant number of life-ending bugs (e.g: falling thought the teleporter portals, getting stuck in terrain, etc).
  • BaudBaud Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255376Members
    edited November 2019
    Obraxis wrote: »
    If you're having the issue with not being able to get through cut doors, quit your game then email us your saved game folder.

It should be a folder called slotXXXX (X being numbers) and lives in your Subnautica folder, SNAppData\SavedGames.
    Please Email to subnautica-support@unknownworlds.com - you can Zip, RAR it up or throw it on your Google Drive with a shareable link.

Hello,
    I sent a save folder with this problem to the address above, character is located right in front of a cut door he can't pass. Actually it's not only cut doors but some vents/ladders inside wrecks as well. Looks like my lone survivor gained quite a lot of weight from his melon diet...

Edit/Additional info: If I quit the game completely and load the save again, the character can pass the door sometimes. Still, its no fun to save/reload everytime this happens.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Baud wrote: »
    If you're having the issue with not being able to get through cut doors, quit your game then email us your saved game folder.

It should be a folder called slotXXXX (X being numbers) and lives in your Subnautica folder, SNAppData\SavedGames.
    Please Email to subnautica-support@unknownworlds.com - you can Zip, RAR it up or throw it on your Google Drive with a shareable link.

Hello,
    I sent a save folder with this problem to the address above, character is located right in front of a cut door he can't pass. Actually it's not only cut doors but some vents/ladders inside wrecks as well. Looks like my lone survivor gained quite a lot of weight from his melon diet...

Edit/Additional info: If I quit the game completely and load the save again, the character can pass the door sometimes. Still, its no fun to save/reload everytime this happens.

Thanks for the info and the save file. It will help.
  • TkBagTkBag Europe Join Date: 2019-11-10 Member: 255467Members
    add Big Little Update on ps4! thank you!
  • EmplusEmplus Join Date: 2019-11-10 Member: 255468Members
    This update has seriously destroyed my performance. I own a RTX 2070, with a I7-9750H. 16G of ram, and fps frop by 20 fps with alot of frame stuttering. Also with G-Sync. Anyone else with this issue?
  • Recovering_loserRecovering_loser Join Date: 2019-11-11 Member: 255509Members
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, performance took a dive - I'm running the STEAM version - noticing FPS drop, significantly slower/closer load distance for objects (some things load/pop in when I'm right next to them in open water whilst boarding a Seamoth /entering a base makes the game freeze out for about a second, until it's all loaded). Ryzen 2700, 1070Ti, 64G Ram, Nvme game drive.

Some weird new issues also - can't go through some cut doors/passages into wrecks (until I reload the game, then it works until i get to new doors/passages), on the loading screen I can see some of the text info that should normally be displayed after the game has fully loaded, the resource indicator circle texture is wonky (you can see the borders of the rectangle where the texture is), etc.

I'll try and see if I can downgrade to the previous version somehow.
  • datalux24datalux24 Join Date: 2019-11-11 Member: 255510Members
    Is anyone else having issues cutting doors open and not being able to go through them since this update? I've relogged and completely restarted the game to no avail. Doesn't work on any doors that you can cut open. Picture attached, even when the metal falls down, still can't get through.
    kh4jq1733ez2.png

I have the same problem as you. Before the update, this worked.
  • by_Trickby_Trick France Join Date: 2018-12-14 Member: 245713Members
    When is the next update on ps4?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2019
    Thanks for all the saved games about the cut doors. We've finally got reproduction steps for this bug and are looking into fixing it ASAP.

The issue happens if you dock a Seamoth into a moonpool then undock. Once you do that in your game, you wont be able to go through the cut doors (or Degasi base hatch) unless you quit & re-load the game.

This is why we were having such a hard time reproducing it, even on saved games. Thanks everyone for all your emails and forum posts. We're continuing to look at the other issues.
  • MrMigginsMrMiggins Mexico Join Date: 2019-11-12 Member: 255537Members
    I hope these fixes will be coming to the PS4. Subnautica is such an amazing game, but since I don't own a gaming PC, I took the plunge and bought it on PS4. I was able to finish the game without too many problems... some glitches and draw-distance issues. Despite these, Subnautica is up there with some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. A thrilling ride! Please continue to support the PS4 port.
  • farhavarfarhavar France Join Date: 2019-11-13 Member: 255550Members
    This game is just magnificent !
    Please correct the bugs. With bugs the game is not immersive. And the fish that enter the compartment really is not pretty.When one climbs on the surface of the water there is a freeze and especially the sudden appearance of the objects it breaks seriously the experiment. THANK YOU DEVELOPPERS.
  • JimMcMasterJimMcMaster Alaska Join Date: 2019-01-31 Member: 249937Members
    Super awesome of you all to give so much love to your older title in the midst of creating Below Zero.

I will never "not play" the game to be sure; with 717 hours in hardcore mode only games so far? I see me enjoying it for years to come.

The modding community was swift to update the mods we tend to use; So obviously pay no mind to those upset that it broke their game.

Not only should they know better than to expect a heavily modded game to carry over in such a large patch, but they should also buck-up & put forth the effort required to fix their game before blaming the developers.

I couldn't myself play without custom craft2 for example, making my resource gathering missions deep into endgame have meaning with simple changes to recipes!
  • Jim444Jim444 Join Date: 2017-11-20 Member: 234049Members
    Thank you for still taking care of the original game!

Has this been also corrected?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/1693785669868871770/

Obraxis wrote it's a known bug.

It was still there before the update and it was really annoying that all seabases were acting as lightouse from far distance, giving an unwanted beacon. (I had to build all of my bases into deep biomes because only cave walls were able to hide the location of seabase. On open area base was visible even from 1000m distance.)

For some of us this was the most frustrating bug of all time, but if it has been already corrected please let me know, then I'm installing back Subnautica immediatelly for a bug free round!
  • Tyto_NinoxTyto_Ninox Australia Join Date: 2019-11-16 Member: 255612Members
    Really appreaciating the continued support.

Just one other bug to note, light sticks are no longer correctly orriented in the hand when held. They sit about 45 degrees off centre toward the player, clipping through the hand. Nothing gamebreaking, just thought it was worth noting.
  • ihazcookiessihazcookiess USA Join Date: 2019-08-09 Member: 254204Members
  • davokerdavoker España Join Date: 2018-08-09 Member: 242747Members
  • VoluspaVoluspa Old Earth Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250375Members
    aw, all my mods went poof :(
    Not sure why, so I don't know how to get them back... (Not into "cheat" mods, but I do like extra decor and food stuffs... I had a whole indoor garden that is now two measly little plants...) :'(
  • MerovignMerovign CA, US Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255341Members
    I just need to know how to downgrade. It's not just mods, performance has plummeted. Somewhat older system with 860k and 1050 Ti. Lots of lag, fallen through a few textures that didn't load in time, and the door bug is a real problem as it takes at least 5 minutes to load a game every time.

I'm about to start locking down ALL my game folders when not playing to prevent updates. You should *always* have a choice to delay updates to see what testers' experience is.
  • Ganymede105Ganymede105 Join Date: 2019-11-17 Member: 255656Members
    Prior to this update, I've logged 200+ hours on this game.

Since I got this update, I have noticed 6 buggy things happen that I've never seen before:

1) Hatch and Bulkhead animations don't play when I first load a game. Something eventually makes them work again after enough time in-game but I haven't figured out what triggers it.
    2) Transition times have increased significantly (e.g. entering the seamoth, breaching the surface, loading new areas, etc). The game will pause for several seconds. Prior to the update these were always seamless.
    3) Pop-in is much worse than before. I can get very close to objects before their higher-detail models are displayed. Particularly noticeable in the grassy plateaus where some of the tall island structures look entirely red in their low-detail models.
    4) Near the hallway to the black-box data in the Aurora I was able to travel outside the bounds of the level. I couldn't find my way back inside the bounds so I had to teleport back to the entrance. I don't know if this has anything to do with the update, but I've traveled through the area dozens of times before without that happening.
    5) The aforementioned issue of entering laser-cut doors and degasi hatch after docking the seamoth (I'm glad reloading the game fixes it because I don't know how else to get the cyclops shield generator)
    6) A Ghost Leviathan kicked my seamoth outside the bounds of the Lost River. Not a good thing when playing on Hardcore. Had to alt-tab out to prevent the game from saving.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Negative wrote: »
    This update through Steam is 1.8 Gigs. Something MAJOR had to be added for an update that big, but I don't see anything in the changelog that justifies the size. I've seen other extensive lists of bug fixes come in at 30 Megs or 225 Megs. What made this 1.8 Gigs?

BTW, Subnautica is one of the greatest, most enjoyable PC games I've ever experienced. Keep it up. Thanks.

Not really. If enough resources are changed, that can be your update size right there. So, two nearly identical world chunks, but one has collision fixed or something -- now imagine that over the entirety of the Subnautica world.
  • topgunner51topgunner51 Join Date: 2019-11-21 Member: 255742Members
    Hey I just bought the game and have been absolutely loving it so far! Only problem is I ran into the glitch where your seamoth teleports underground and is irretrievable. I have seen a number of posts on forums about it, but was just wondering if you guys were aware of it/if there was any solution. I don't really have a problem with spending some more time to make a new one, but was also wondering if there would be any way to delete the old seamoth off the map. I'm also a bit terrified of putting my newly found upgrade modules in my new seamoth for fear of seeing them dissapear into the sand haha.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited November 2019
    How deep is it buried? If you lost the seamoth by parking on the beach, it should be shallow enough to use the console command
    dig 100

to remove terrain. Alternatively, the command
    item 514

will give you an item that lets you change terrain.

Either way, the terrain changes are temporary, and change back after save/load.

If it's super deep, probably best to just hide the beacon for the old Seamoth and cheat in a new one.
  • UnderTheSheetsUnderTheSheets Join Date: 2017-11-20 Member: 234057Members
    Dear Developers,

Subnautica currently has a a very high "Overwhelmingly Positive" (98% positive) raiting on Steam (only few games have such high raiting). I give you thiree advices how can you keep up this super posivite raiting:

1 - As general rule - Don't fix if it's not broken.
    Lots of people complaining about new bugs which was not there before. Is this related to the Engine upgrade or is it something different? Please fix the exisiting gameplay bugs which have been mentioned above, like:
    Since I got this update, I have noticed 6 buggy things happen that I've never seen before:
    and
    Jim444 wrote: »

2 - Please implement some content update as well, not just performance tweaks. We understood that Subnautica is not a game as a service, but some minor updates would be really cool. The game hasn't received any content update since the Time Capsule. More curiosities like that would be awesome, and it wouldn't take lot's of time to implelent e.g. a new fish, a new cave, new lifepod, or anything new to search and scan. More curiosities = more fun.

3 - What about annyiversary updates? Your other games like NS2 are still receiving anniversary updates. What about Subnautica? It did not receive any update for the first anniversary which is really sad. :/
    What about the 2nd anniversary which is comming in 2 months?
    Are you planning to add something? We understood that there is no resources for add big updates like bioms, etc, but you can still add little things with less effort like importing assets from Below Zero (e.g. the glass roof multipurpose room would be awesome in Subnautica)
    The community would be very happy if you could prepare someting for the 2nd Anniversary! :)
  • phoenix4lifephoenix4life usa Join Date: 2019-11-24 Member: 255866Members
    i have had this game for a few weeks on xbox one spent 20 plus hours into it. got what was needed to enter the aurora and then can't do anything walls dont form can't open doors and even the flashlight dont work like it should. was really enjoying this game but just deleted it since can't play it or progress.
  • WicDavidWicDavid Join Date: 2019-11-26 Member: 255911Members
    I am happy to see that this is being updated. On the other side, I am terribly sad that every single mod is no longer able to work with the update. I had a saved game (also the only one I had at the time) with a few mods used in it. I now I have to delete it as it will no longer load correctly because of no longer supporting the the mods. Starting over from nothing is very upsetting and makes the HUGE amount of time in the game was kind of wasted when things like this happen to a game making you delete a save that you spent months playing.
  • WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
    WicDavid wrote: »
    I am happy to see that this is being updated. On the other side, I am terribly sad that every single mod is no longer able to work with the update. I had a saved game (also the only one I had at the time) with a few mods used in it. I now I have to delete it as it will no longer load correctly because of no longer supporting the the mods. Starting over from nothing is very upsetting and makes the HUGE amount of time in the game was kind of wasted when things like this happen to a game making you delete a save that you spent months playing.

Just incase you havent figured this out by yourself yet, mods stop working following an update. This is perfectly normal and nothing to do with Unknownworlds. All mods (or any that I use personally) have all now been updated to support the little big update. So go and download the new versions. Make sure qmods and modding helper are also the latest version. I am currently playing with around 20 mods enabled and everything is working perfectly, mods wise.
  • WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
    Can I just add that I have also now experienced the bug that stops you from going through spaces, although with me it wasn't a cut door, it was a tunnel inside a wreck. Two different wrecks but it was a tunnel both times (the tubes that connect the different rooms of a wreck). I am guessing its probably the same bug, and I hope it can be fixed soon. Currently saving my game and loading it again fixes the issue.
  • MarkJohnsonMarkJohnson Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245346Members
    Thanks for all the saved games about the cut doors. We've finally got reproduction steps for this bug and are looking into fixing it ASAP.

The issue happens if you dock a Seamoth into a moonpool then undock. Once you do that in your game, you wont be able to go through the cut doors (or Degasi base hatch) unless you quit & re-load the game.

This is why we were having such a hard time reproducing it, even on saved games. Thanks everyone for all your emails and forum posts. We're continuing to look at the other issues.

I too had this issue. I went through and deconstructed all of my moonpools and now with a seamoth only I can go through hatches in degasi base 500m work fine, as well as all of the wrecks.

I rebuild the moonpool and it blocks them again.
  • HerobrinesbestminionHerobrinesbestminion Join Date: 2019-12-07 Member: 256209Members
    lol the game has a little bit of a changed feeling now.... but it's still the same and I don't care..... but explain where my cuddelfish went (in a world after loading that was made after update and yes, I had him on stay and checked under my base, near caves and around) XD might has something to do with my ..... oh jeez what was the english name again? (playing in german) this little phantoms from the lost river tree.... anyways he always spawns frozen outside of my base and not in the hatching aquarium...
  • MumenRiderOPMumenRiderOP Join Date: 2019-12-12 Member: 256318Members
    Game ran fine on my macbook pro up until this new update. Now it is completely unplayable. I get probably around 10 fps max and there is a 5 second delay. Come on now