UPDATE 331 - B.M.A.C. Reporting for Duty! - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited November 2019 in NS2 General Discussion

imageUPDATE 331 - B.M.A.C. Reporting for Duty! - Natural Selection 2

This latest update brings something new and special to the game. Introducing the B.M.A.C, two exciting new robotic models joining the Marine forces. The Bipedal-Mobile-Automated-Custodian and Bipedal-Mobile-Automated-Countermeasure are here to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    The third race is upon us.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    These are amazing.

I wish there was a writeup on what the different packs cost and contain, though, I am having trouble deciphering the steam store pages.
  • FultreFultre Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183533Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    These look amazing, bought one now! Thank you for updating my all time favourite shooter!

fightingLION
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited November 2019
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    well well well ... when Portal2 meets the NS2
    281896-portal2bothdoclanku-653x367.jpg[img][/img]
  • GaidinTSGaidinTS Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19319Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm getting like half the FPS now running on proton 4.11-8. I wonder if the fps lock on the menus is messing with gsync or something. Anyone of the other 5 guys who play on linux getting this?
  • GaidinTSGaidinTS Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19319Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    GaidinTS wrote: »
    I'm getting like half the FPS now running on proton 4.11-8. I wonder if the fps lock on the menus is messing with gsync or something. Anyone of the other 5 guys who play on linux getting this?

It only happens when I move my mouse. For example, in spectate, everything runs great; 120+ fps. Then when I move my mouse, even if it doesn't affect the screen in anyway, my FPS drops to to 30.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I feel you linux bro. I think we'll have to keep a win7 partition around for NS2
    edited November 2019
    The behavior sounds very similar to this thread:

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/129077/as-soon-as-mouse-is-moved-framerate-breaks-down-completely

Except changing my my polling up or down doesn't seem to be impact it at all.

Not sure what changed in this patch to all of a sudden cause this.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    Introducing the B.M.A.C, two exciting new robotic models joining the Marine forces.

Am I the only one who read this and thought we were actually getting new models? As in new equipment/tech for marines to buy.

Never have I logged into NS2 with such excitement :(
  • WebtranceWebtrance US Join Date: 2013-11-08 Member: 189165Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Good job on the new BMAC models and skins Vlaad, Sweets, Zavaro and Carl McGahan, and thanks guys for the updates! I like the models and the voices...good job. The death sounds are a bit loud to me, but I can deal with it.

Regarding the patch, I really don't like the new team info HUD bar as many others have mentioned as well. I have to force myself to look at the top of the screen and I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to it. Also, upon death while spectating a teammate, there's no RT count. I believe you could always see the RT count even when waiting in que. Other than that, I think we're okay. Thanks again!

• JsmoothJsmooth Richmond, VA Join Date: 2019-11-19 Member: 255679Members
    Is anyone else unable to play after this Update? My game keeps crashing my computer into a forced shutdown within 5 minutes of starting the game. No matter where i am; be it the main menu, spectating, or in game, it shuts down my computer with no warning, no error message or anything.... just straight off. i tried unistalling and reinstalling the game, as well as lowering graphics. I love this game (I'm rank 51 and have about 112 hour in-game), but idk why it's been doing this, its never done so before this update and its really pissing me off at this point.
    Jsmooth wrote: »
    Is anyone else unable to play after this Update? My game keeps crashing my computer into a forced shutdown within 5 minutes of starting the game. No matter where i am; be it the main menu, spectating, or in game, it shuts down my computer with no warning, no error message or anything.... just straight off. i tried unistalling and reinstalling the game, as well as lowering graphics. I love this game (I'm rank 51 and have about 112 hour in-game), but idk why it's been doing this, its never done so before this update and its really pissing me off at this point.

@Jsmooth

Your power supply unit is starting to fail, my friend...
  • jrgnjrgn Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58289Members
    Everytime i connect i get a time-out. I click join in the server browser on the same server and it connects. Happens 100% of the time. Just a small annoyance.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited December 2019
    This update (or maybe last update, whichever one introduced the new main menu and server browser - I took a break for a few months) introduced a major headache of an issue.

- The first time attempting to join a server upon starting up the game, it now always fails to connect. This has been an extremely annoying as it's not uncommon to fire up the game, see an open slot available on a server > click to join > fail to connect = by the time you get back into the browser the server is full and you have to wait.

On a side note launching the game now takes way longer (almost double the time) and every once in a while during gameplay the screen flickers black for an instant.

i7-3820
    AMD R9 Fury
    16 GB RAM
    Win 10

Not sure what other specs would be helpful.