Cloud save repeatedly corrupting...

LunaticSynapseLunaticSynapse United States Join Date: 2018-04-02 Member: 239719Members
Unplayable glitch :(

While trying to save the game lagged out. I was still able to move and interact with my base and vehicles. Everything else stopped loading though and actually eventually disappeared, leaving my world completely empty except for my base and vehicles. After about 30 minutes of waiting for the save to finish I finally just had to dashboard quit the game, it wouldn't even let me quit normally.

Now the game tries to sync and fails, creating a 1.4KB save that is nothing and does not allow me to play. It also does not allow me to delete the cloud save as normal from the "manage game" menu on the Xbox.

I play on a new Xbox One S and have spent over 12 hours total speaking with Xbox completing every single troubleshooting option they claim to have available, and they assure me that it has nothing to do with them (which I don't really buy) or my Xbox.

It is literally preventing me from getting past the intro screen. I understand that this is a game preview, and I understand the connotations of such. However, at this point I do not have a game. I have an intro screen. If this cannot be remedied sometime soon I would very much just like my money back. If it is fixed at a later date I can decide whether or not I want to purchase it. Again I understand this is a game preview, but I no longer have a game preview, I have an intro screen :(

P.S. I would MUCH rather have this fixed I was having fun and would very much like to play the game.

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Reboot your router and xbox, if you haven't already, to eliminate that as a possibility. The original problem with saving is potentially Subnautica's fault, but anything in the cloud is the Microsoft's problem.

Other potential steps:
    logout from xbox live
    uninstall subnautica
    exorcism?
  • LunaticSynapseLunaticSynapse United States Join Date: 2018-04-02 Member: 239719Members
    I'm getting pretty mad honestly. Xbox is just giving me the finger and the devs haven't responded to me at all...
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Does disabling cloud storage allow play? The cloud isn't doing you any good for Subnautica anyway.
  • davec69davec69 United States Join Date: 2018-03-27 Member: 239552Members
    I have a similar situation. Upgraded to a new XB1X, and started re-installing games. Subnautica so far, is the only one that will not reload my cloud saved file. Some 80823...error.

On the first attempt, I had both a local save file and a cloud save, and after reading a a few other responses from those with similar problems, they suggested, deleting the local copy, so the Xbox would download the cloud copy again. I did this, but I get the same error.

Same answer from the Devs. It's Microsofts fault.

Too bad really. I enjoyed the time that I had with Subnautica, I actually completed the storyline, and left the planet. I was looking forward to more exploration, and maybe some DLC.

I'm getting pretty mad honestly. Xbox is just giving me the finger and the devs haven't responded to me at all...

• davec69davec69 United States Join Date: 2018-03-27 Member: 239552Members
    Any solution to this issue yet?
  • rosskastinrosskastin United States Join Date: 2018-04-22 Member: 240235Members
    Yes, this same exact thing just happened to me yesterday and I'm very upset! I think it was over 4 days played, in survival mode as I was taking my time, exploring and building my base with different alien containments with all type of different species eggs. Until yesterday I never had a problem loading or saving but it could not sync from the cloud and after trying everything I could, the only other message I received was that it could not find or load my last saved game.

I was literally at the end of the game, don;t mean to be a spoiler alert, but I just made it to the sea empress, made the enzymes for her and almost had my rocket all built....and now I can't play anymore. It's so sad and frustrating to put this much time in and about to finish the game and then that's it, all of it was a waste.

I'm beyond frustrated that this after doing some research after this happened to me yesterday, that this is a well know bug that was in the pc version of this which the developers made an update to specifically fix this very issue at hand but would not think about implementing this into the xbox one version?? That makes absolutely zero sense and makes me even angrier about this.

Give us an update already to fix this so we can load up our games that we've spent hours to play and enjoy and then all of it for nothing.
  • rosskastinrosskastin United States Join Date: 2018-04-22 Member: 240235Members
    Look at this I posted the message above this on April 22nd and almost 4 months later, not even a response.......come on devs, at least answer the people that bought this game (I know, I know this is just a pre-release game and yada yada but stop hiding behind this) and answer us as to are we ever going to be able to load our saved game????
  • ThunderFunkThunderFunk CT Join Date: 2018-07-07 Member: 242003Members
    Anybody seen this message before? I’ve played for a while now and all of a sudden the game crashed and then I go to load the game and I get an error message over and over. The error message is “Save data loading failed (Adler checksum doesn’t match: -577510845 vs. -1889809097).” Any help or info at all would help so much.
  • williamjoshwilliamjosh Join Date: 2018-08-04 Member: 242660Members
    I keep getting this same issue over and over again on my apps/games... It tells me to clear my local storage and then it resynchronizes my saves, and then it runs into the issue again eventually.

My Xbox One X has also been slower ever since this issue started happening, i.e., booting it up provides a "choppy" animation (on the startup screen).

What do I do?
  • Dutchman141Dutchman141 the Netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216936Members
    It seems that Unknown Worlds has abandoned support for the console version of the game, no response, no patches, nothing.
    A shame realy.
  • jimmud124jimmud124 Ny Join Date: 2019-11-13 Member: 255565Members
    Just happened to me, too. 34 hours into my playthrough.. this game is a joke on console. Such a shame, too, because it's such a good game.