Subnautica Big Little Update Released - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica Big Little Update Released - Subnautica

Hello, Subnauts. We’ve just released a big little update for Subnautica on the Steam, Epic, and Discord stores. Thanks to all of your valuable feedback, this update contains a whole...

Read the full story here

Comments

• The_Meme_BugsThe_Meme_Bugs Join Date: 2018-09-21 Member: 243683Members
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Let us know how you get on with this new update for Subnautica!
  • Ten2OTen2O Join Date: 2019-11-05 Member: 255320Members
    Great bug fixes, these were long overdue. Now I can start playing this again.
  • NegativeNegative Conway Join Date: 2017-01-10 Member: 226474Members
    edited November 2019
    This update through Steam is 1.8 Gigs. Something MAJOR had to be added for an update that big, but I don't see anything in the changelog that justifies the size. I've seen other extensive lists of bug fixes come in at 30 Megs or 225 Megs. What made this 1.8 Gigs?

BTW, Subnautica is one of the greatest, most enjoyable PC games I've ever experienced. Keep it up. Thanks.
  • ArnoldMacloudArnoldMacloud Brazil Join Date: 2019-08-17 Member: 254335Members
    edited November 2019
    AMAZING!!! I don't expect a little big update fixing my problems in this awesome game!!! In 99% of the games, when a new is in creation, the old one is abandoned, but you guys, makes me a big surprise! =D Thanks Unknownworlds!!!!

(Sorry for any bad english hehe)
  • RevlRevl Join Date: 2019-11-05 Member: 255323Members
    edited November 2019
    Am I seeing this right? The janky horizon in VR appears to be fixed! Well done! Also, subjectively VR performance feels better. You guys rock!
  • alucard1215alucard1215 halifax Join Date: 2019-10-30 Member: 255226Members
    I'm guessing a console version of this will be coming later on hopefully when it dose it will fix the lag on the ps4 because I would love to enjoy using the creative mode to make underwater cities like Atlantis and i am looking forward too the subnautica Below Zero when it comes out on ps4 keep up the good work and keep the updates coming
  • FerrisFerris Join Date: 2019-11-05 Member: 255321Members
    Awesome update, but it's unfortunate that all current mods can't work with this bug-fixed version of the game.
  • korakkkorakk Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255326Members
    Thanks for this update! Subnautica is my favorite game and you guys have done an amazing job! Sadly, I am not having a good experience with this update:
    * The lag bug is still not fixed
    * The PDA display got shrunk down unpleasantly small
    * I loaded a saved game and my mouse stopped working as soon as I exited my seamoth
    I would rather have avoided this update :(
  • ThebreathoffireThebreathoffire Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255329Members
    Thanks for the update! BTW I would really love a multiplayer update so I can use the cyclops with a three man crew;) But if not that's okay.
  • annirose1annirose1 Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255328Members
    How do I get dev support? Launched subnautica after today's update and won't launch, shows half home page graphics, clicking on OPTIONS shows 'general' and nothing else when pressed. No saved games and launching new game shows Aurora 'loading' and does not launch. Help!
  • theverymagentapuppytheverymagentapuppy Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255331Members
    annirose1 SAME thing are you on mac to?
  • theverymagentapuppytheverymagentapuppy Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255331Members
    AND IT REMOVED 3GIGABYTES
  • vaultlord_alvaultlord_al San Antonio Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255330Members
    I have a mac and I'm having the same issue exactly as you described!! I hope they let us know how we can fix this soon
    annirose1 wrote: »
    How do I get dev support? Launched subnautica after today's update and won't launch, shows half home page graphics, clicking on OPTIONS shows 'general' and nothing else when pressed. No saved games and launching new game shows Aurora 'loading' and does not launch. Help!

Yeah me too are you using epic games on mac? (I got it for free ok?)
    I have a mac and I'm having the same issue exactly as you described!! I hope they let us know how we can fix this soon
  • vaultlord_alvaultlord_al San Antonio Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255330Members
    No I am using Steam

Hmmmm

No I am using Steam

• WristyGolfWristyGolf United States Join Date: 2019-11-05 Member: 255318Members
    Negative wrote: »
    This update through Steam is 1.8 Gigs. Something MAJOR had to be added for an update that big, but I don't see anything in the changelog that justifies the size. I've seen other extensive lists of bug fixes come in at 30 Megs or 225 Megs. What made this 1.8 Gigs?

BTW, Subnautica is one of the greatest, most enjoyable PC games I've ever experienced. Keep it up. Thanks.

The size is largely due to an update to the game's engine. They will be making another update fairly soonish.
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    update for xbox1??????
  • swanswan Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255335Members
    I have the same issue using steam on the Mac platform. I'm also missing saved games the only option I see is start a new game. on steam before starting Subnautica my game history is listed, but nothing except the half title screen
  • EvanskiEvanski Canada Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255338Members
    Im on a mac and text is lost half of menu screen is gone all saved files lost can't open a new game. This update has ruined this game for me. I not only payed for it but 2 years of my life invested into this game. Help
  • Mr_GreyMr_Grey Seattle, WA Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255339Members
    System wrote: »
    (Image)
    Subnautica Big Little Update Released - SubnauticaHello, Subnauts.
    Evanski wrote: »
    Im on a mac and text is lost half of menu screen is gone all saved files lost can't open a new game. This update has ruined this game for me. I not only payed for it but 2 years of my life invested into this game. Help

This has happened to me (MacOS Majove 10.14.4) All previous game saves no longer display.

Other Issues:
    • Game type descriptions do not display only placeholder text (e.g. "SurvivalDescription")
    • Game does not load - loading screen displays "LoadingOperationFormat" but does not complete after 10 minutes of loading
    • Issue on title screen - top portion of "Subnautica" is not displayed
    (screenshots are available upon request)

Definitely sucks that this is only the main menu but I know the dev team is a solid crew.

*Personal note: if anyone sees this... please drop the Cyclops docking module from Subzero into an update for original Subnautica ??

• TimeKeeperTimeKeeper South Africa Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255344Members
    Console on pc is broken now
  • PocketNerdPocketNerd Dragon Falls Join Date: 2018-07-24 Member: 242442Members
    Thank you for the update! I appreciate the continued post-launch support.
  • double0mimodouble0mimo Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255350Members
    Is anyone else having issues cutting doors open and not being able to go through them since this update? I've relogged and completely restarted the game to no avail. Doesn't work on any doors that you can cut open. Picture attached, even when the metal falls down, still can't get through.
    kh4jq1733ez2.png
  • MalleusMikeMalleusMike Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255358Members
    Same issues with Mac as others. macOSCatalina 10.15.1 Cannot play game, very disappointing!
  • XenobunXenobun Canada Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255359Members
    hey uh, PS4 gets this soon, yeah...??
  • MerovignMerovign CA, US Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255341Members
    edited November 2019
    Is there any way to revert to the last version? Not only are mods broken but apparently my saves as well (missing objects like part of my surface base is gone).

Edit: I'm on Epic - I saw there was an unofficial Steam tutorial for this.
  • Sunbro_SolaireSunbro_Solaire Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255360Members
    Thanks, now all my mods arent working anymore... All the little things and issues mods solved and stuff added to the game are gone. I had a whole base build with mods, autosamplers, laboratory equipment, a MAP and other things making your life underwater easier keeping you playing... all gone! Very dissapointing as i put a lot of energy and resources making myself a comfy underwater home!
    Wish I wouldnt have updated. Now the game is somewhat dead to me!
  • JacobRubyJacobRuby Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250410Members
    Thanks, now all my mods arent working anymore... All the little things and issues mods solved and stuff added to the game are gone. I had a whole base build with mods, autosamplers, laboratory equipment, a MAP and other things making your life underwater easier keeping you playing... all gone! Very dissapointing as i put a lot of energy and resources making myself a comfy underwater home!
    Wish I wouldnt have updated. Now the game is somewhat dead to me!

You're saying it like it's UWE's fault. Mods aren't official, and you should always back up saves before changing versions. They did a good thing by fixing these bugs. What happened is unfortunate, but not their fault.