[Bug] Water / Ocean disappeared [19404]

skuiperskuiper Join Date: 2019-10-19 Member: 255087Members
Survival mode - at Glacial Basin, found ice cave with Leviathan. Looked like it was full of water at entrance and could not take hover bike in. When I walked in, could not swim - only walk. Walked out and water disappeared. Could now take hover bike in. Returning to sea truck found all water had disappeared. Can not get back to sea truck without falling to bottom of world where I get stuck. Any suggestions?

Comments

• skuiperskuiper Join Date: 2019-10-19 Member: 255087Members
    Guess I forgot to add - obviously this is Below Zero
  • CäptnShimanoCäptnShimano Düsseldorf, Germany Join Date: 2017-04-15 Member: 229655Members
    This happens when you enter or leave the leviathan cave (which is under the water plane) with a snowfox.
    When you reach it by foot, the game recognizes it and removes the water plane. Also it restores the water plane when you leave the cave by foot. Either entering or leaving the cave with a snowfox (maybe with a prawn too, I didn't test this) doesn't remove/restore the water plane which leads to this bug.

You need to go back to the cave by foot and leave it again by foot to let the water reappear.

I think this is a common bug since there are several posts on this in the steam forums.
  • benonikenobibenonikenobi Sweden Join Date: 2019-10-18 Member: 255076Members
    I experienced the same thing, however I used my prawn suit to get to the cave. I was veeeeeeery frustrated that I already spent 18 hours in the game and now couldnt get anywhere.

Gonna try your suggestion and see if that helps :)
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    This happens when you enter or leave the leviathan cave (which is under the water plane) with a snowfox.
    When you reach it by foot, the game recognizes it and removes the water plane. Also it restores the water plane when you leave the cave by foot. Either entering or leaving the cave with a snowfox (maybe with a prawn too, I didn't test this) doesn't remove/restore the water plane which leads to this bug.

You need to go back to the cave by foot and leave it again by foot to let the water reappear.

I think this is a common bug since there are several posts on this in the steam forums.

Been there with a PRAWN, didn`t experience this bug at the time.
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members