VR version control lock up

GeekyDicipleGeekyDiciple Join Date: 2019-02-20 Member: 251120Members
I have Subnautica from Steam (game is up to date). I just got the Oculus Rift.

I immediately ran into an issue where after logging in and going through the escape pod hatch a couple of times my controls would lock up. The game keeps running and I can look around with the Oculus, but I couldn't move or interact. I tried the Rift controllers, 2 different brands of xbox controller, and the keyboard mouse.

The "fix" I found was to ensure that gaze control was enabled in the control options. This is VERY clunky but it keeps things from freezing up. It also has the side "benefit" of making what is already a pretty disorienting experience all the more crazy since to do anything on the PDA, fabricator, options, etc. you have to move you head around constantly.

Is there a fix out there that would allow the controls to work without gaze control on?

Comments

• OldManGamerOldManGamer Join Date: 2019-10-08 Member: 254968Members
    Is there a way to transfer your Subnautica VR license to a non-VR game? My kid also has the Oculus version and complains about it being buggy. He wants to play the normal version now, but I don't want to spend money I don't have on another version of the same game. :(
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    If you bought from Oculus, I don't think there is a way. Check their forums to be sure. If it's less than 2 weeks from purchase and less than 2 hours playtime, can get a refund and buy from steam or Epic.

If it's visual bugs, most of those can be fixed by a mod, click here. If it's the Cyclops flinging itself into the sky, not much to be done.
  • FanShlepokFanShlepok Join Date: 2020-04-07 Member: 259754Members
    I have a problem in VR with joystick on right controller It doesn't work in a game but work in any other. Oculus Rift S. How to fix it?
  • germangarlesgermangarles Join Date: 2020-05-24 Member: 261327Members
    i have an oculus rift and i am playing subnautica on the pc xbox game pass and every time i load subnautica, it opens steam vr and then the game closes down and it asks me to set up my room scale in vr and it doesnt give me the option to play flat screen. i tried to unplug the vr but the same error occurs.
  • SkazlazopSkazlazop Join Date: 2020-11-02 Member: 265153Members
    The problem from the header remains relevant on the Oculus Rift S, control is lost, the game continues to work.