[Sub Zero] [Ice Worm Update] - Sound Messed Up?

Remedy85Remedy85 NY Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252581Members
Hello,

Thought I'd give the game another play through since early on now that a few major updates have been released.

However, when I load the game the master volume is always set to "0" no matter what I do. The first time I click the bar to adjust it, my settings window is shot back to the top of the screen. I can scroll down again then adjust it correctly.

However, even after doing all of that the voice lines are still completely muted. Not going to give it another test without sounds working unfortunately. :(

Comments

• FoxBuppFoxBupp Join Date: 2019-09-19 Member: 254761Members
    im havving a similar issue however my volume is fine, just all voice lines are muted other than the AI voice when you enter habitats.
  • Remedy85Remedy85 NY Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252581Members
    edited September 2019
    Update: I found this on the Steam forums:
    Originally posted by JB™:
    "Story Updates

Due to continued community feedback, we’ve been working hard on bringing you a higher stakes introduction, as well as fleshing out the mid-game story. This Ice Worm update includes all-new, text-only dialog throughout. Voice overs will be coming in a future update."

Not sure about my muted sound on launch, but I guess they are still recording new voice lines so that part is known.
  • JessiJonesJessiJones Pretoria Join Date: 2019-10-12 Member: 255007Members
    My sound is completely gone. game sound works but for voices there is nothing. and It did work. I started over with my game.and I remembered that everything worked in the beginning of the game??
  • tekarikatekarika Join Date: 2019-10-16 Member: 255051Members
    Same thing here ...
  • pix37pix37 Join Date: 2019-10-18 Member: 255073Members
    Voice-over is there when I play the experimental version. I went back to normal early release a few days ago and sound is gone, no music either. It's weird how much the music is instrumental to make the game scary... without it, even the darker biomes are not that unsettling.
  • SilentToddSilentTodd AU Join Date: 2019-10-20 Member: 255098Members
    Recently bought bluetooth wireless headphones and now can't get any sound at all, otherwise works fine. Only have a problem with this game, everything else works fine. Any ideas?
  • SilentToddSilentTodd AU Join Date: 2019-10-20 Member: 255098Members
    Ah, answered my own question - had to turn off the headphones as the input device. The microphone was apparently causing the problem
  • Flaskepost_98Flaskepost_98 Norway Join Date: 2019-10-20 Member: 255103Members
    I kind of struggle With this problem, the voice-lines ain`t quite muted, it is more like "skipped" i only hear the first hald sec of the voice-lines and then, the rest just dissapear
  • rembrantrembrant Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255353Members
    I hope the developers will fix all the problems soon