Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access - Subnautica

1235»

Comments

• jonathanmjonathanm Join Date: 2018-03-27 Member: 239525Members
    At the moment I seem to be frustrated by a total lack of Table Coral in my game, and also no bladder fish at all so I just end up dying of thirst (I dump anything besides tools into lockers just before it happens so that I don't lose anything). I do see the odd piece of Table Coral near the twisted thingies but I can't cut them (nothing breaks off).

I may have to start a new game which is annoying. I'm currently unable to construct the Sea Truck despite having two of the sections completely scanned, also haven't been able to locate the Fox that was supposedly dropped in a crate.
  • CaptNemoCaptNemo Nautilus Join Date: 2018-10-03 Member: 243934Members
    over by the twisty bridges near Sanctuary you will find the coral and the bladder vines, have fun
    Sorry, I must be missing or forgetting something, what is Sanctuary? I have explored the twisty bridges area but don't remember seeing any bladder fish or scannable / collectable vines, will have another look. For reference, there are twisty bridges just near the emergency pod thing, these lead to a deeper area where the March update has improved (I keep getting eaten by something in the seabed down there!)
  • shironatorshironator Slovakia Join Date: 2019-02-12 Member: 250852Members
    I suppose, Sanctuary is that precursor alien facility, which have entrance in twisty bridges area. Its not in that deep twisty bridges from March update, its a little higher. You will find there that big "cube" from where Alan is downloaded :-)
    You wont find any bladder fish or vines there, as they not live/grow that deep.
    edited March 2019
    I was in that area last night lots of coral and bladder vines will post pics later today

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1685754546
    air plant
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1685766426
    Sanctuary Zero Entrance
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1685759240
    Its a Secret
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1685757699
    Sanctuary Zero Location Data
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1685769968
    Alien Beacon

When you see the beacons your real close to the entrance just explore my base which is below the Shield Base is only 800 meters south to Sanctuary.~ have fun

PS:
    you might consider packing extra air tanks just a hint
    edited March 2019
    Ah, I have been to that Sanctuary place early days, been so long since I heard anything from Alan that I'd forgotten about it!

Still unsure of the bladder vines and table coral, I have seen some vines and table coral but thus far in my game I cannot interact with them, apart from about three random ones the coral is indestructable (they look identical to the ones I did manage to cut) and the vines that have orange pods in them I think can't do anything with and can swim straight through the pods.
  • DoallynDoallyn Join Date: 2019-01-31 Member: 249917Members
    Water you can get from the creepvine seeds, there are loads about just drink those instead of the bladder fish that seem to have vanished from existence. Its a shame there isn't more of the story at this point, once the sea truck is done there isn't too much else to do without further build items or biomes to explore
    edited March 2019
    I'm just waiting too I hit that "Secret Cut Scene" on my PDA game is still under construction so now I wait and play with the Snow Fox until the next update.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1685759240

PS:
    Low on air bring extra air tanks with you~
  • SubLonnykinsSubLonnykins Seattle Join Date: 2019-03-18 Member: 251830Members
    edited March 2019
    I'm lovin' the new biome as you follow the coastline from Rocket island and behind the smokestacks (it gets pretty murky before you break through into it); with the Emperor Leviathans, the Whale-creatures, the floating underwater islands and the loads of Gel sacks, rubies an other harvestables. So much more to explore there. Curous about some of the growth in that area .

Oh, and I haven't had any luck with the snowfox. I have an a ? for the hoverbase says it needs 2 titanium and I have the blueprints for the fox but no way to build it. info is scarce.

Have the Sea Truck and even had the Aquarium module but it vanished. all the framents I find are either seatruck or mobile vehicle base.

edited March 2019
    Oooh, I revisited the medium-depth twisty bridges area and oddly discovered quite a few table corals that I hadn't previously spotted or been able to break, one wonders! Was I just not looking in the correct places? Nearly all of the ones I found just today were hidden away near or behind those curious skeletal petal vines attached to the vertical rock walls.

I'll have to investigate the creepvine seed pods, I managed to make lubricant from them previously, never thought to drink the stuff!

watch jingles for a good laugh
  • FozenModdedFozenModded Join Date: 2019-04-27 Member: 252585Members
  • FozenModdedFozenModded Join Date: 2019-04-27 Member: 252585Members
    cant wait for Xbox one to have this beautiful game
    I'm lovin' the new biome as you follow the coastline from Rocket island and behind the smokestacks (it gets pretty murky before you break through into it); with the Emperor Leviathans, the Whale-creatures, the floating underwater islands and the loads of Gel sacks, rubies an other harvestables. So much more to explore there. Curous about some of the growth in that area .

Oh, and I haven't had any luck with the snowfox. I have an a ? for the hoverbase says it needs 2 titanium and I have the blueprints for the fox but no way to build it. info is scarce.

Have the Sea Truck and even had the Aquarium module but it vanished. all the framents I find are either seatruck or mobile vehicle base.

the hover base builds the Snowfox have a closer look
  • huggehbearhuggehbear Australia Join Date: 2019-08-29 Member: 254503Members
    I have question, not sure if it's been asked yet.
    Does buying the game in early access mean we get the finished product?
    edited August 2019
    huggehbear wrote: »
    I have question, not sure if it's been asked yet.
    Does buying the game in early access mean we get the finished product?

Buy the game you can choose to play in experimental mode during the build phase of the game or not its your choice when the game is finished you will retain the game ~enjoy

link to my in game footage
  • firstboy2011firstboy2011 Florida Join Date: 2019-08-31 Member: 254540Members
    it is my 1st time PLAING!!!

i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY
  • grayd81grayd81 Tampa Florida Join Date: 2019-09-19 Member: 254753Members
    Do you have a timeline on when early access will be available for the Xbox?
  • BobooBoboo Join Date: 2020-11-13 Member: 265437Members
    *POTENTIAL SPOILER* I'll try to be as vague as possible but im pretty sure im at the end of the game in the place he asks to meet you, but no ones here. Is this because this isn't in the game just yet or am I missing something here?
  • jaileerjaileer Join Date: 2020-11-24 Member: 265640Members
    How processor intensive is the game? I have a laptop that meets the specs required, but is it really going to be able to keep up? Subnautica is pretty big on Xbox - and glitchy as hell - so I don't expect Below Zero to be less intense.

P.S> I know Below Zero is early access, so I'm not worried about bugs, I just know if I'll be able to properly play it.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited November 2020
    Both games seem to rely more on graphics card and hard disk speed - Solid State Drive highly recommended. Make sure it's a dedicated graphics card, so it doesn't have to share memory. One player has posted that their in-spec laptop was overheating, so make sure you can keep it ventilated and cool. Other than that, the best thing is to test it out. If a friend owns the game, have them log in. Otherwise, check what the refund policy is for the platform you plan to buy it in. I know steam requires under 2 hours play and under 2 weeks from purchase for refund. This gives you a little time to try out the game, see how it goes.

The games actually tend to do worse for many when put on more than 3 to 4 CPU cores, so I've seen many posts where people have limited the number of cores the games are allowed to run on, and disable hyperthreading.
  • garfieldodogarfieldodo Join Date: 2021-04-07 Member: 268875Members
    edited April 2021
  • SlasktrattenSlasktratten Sweden Join Date: 2021-05-06 Member: 269761Members
    Subnautica was awesome and I have been waiting a long time for BZ. I haven't tried BZ yet and I don't wanna start it up until I have the full version but I had a little accident and I'm getting bored so bad now. How finished is the seaworthy update? Can I start playing now or should I wait a few more days?
    WuTMZzy.jpg
    Sorry about that injury yeah you can play I have been in experimental mode from the start if you want more you might try that.
  • LyeekhaLyeekha Join Date: 2021-05-09 Member: 269855Members
    Hi, I'm playing Below Zero Early Access (Seaworthy Update) and I seem to have a gamebreaking bug where the tissue sample in the Arctic Spires cache simply isnt there? This is on my main survival save file and a separate creative file I made to check. I have compared with screenshots of what it's meant to look like and it is definitely missing. I wouldn't be so worried about bugs in the later stages of an early access game, except I can't find any other mention online of issues with this area? So I'm concerned. The whole Arctic Spires area is buggy in general too, with worm spawns being erratic and unusually repetitive (as in, like a glitch, not like a boss monster)
    It's meant to be here, right? it is missing from this picture? it looks like the rock is over where it ought to be, as the big crystal next to it is engulfed too
    3gbkguxz1j3r.jpg
    This game is under construction that is the message but you could send that pic to support and ask them about it.
    I guess when I reinstall the full version tomorrow the first thing I'll do is pop over there in creative to check it's alright so i dont waste playing the significant amount of game there is to get there
  • NexdevNexdev Join Date: 2021-04-19 Member: 269275Members
    Are there any plans for more early access to these games and future ones and how do I join?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Early access of a game always ends at v1.0, but the Steam version of the games has an "experimental" mode where you get to test new patches. (from games library, right-click the game, click properties, then betas, select experimental)

Future games, if they have early access, can easily be purchased during that time. It may not be available on all platforms.