Seaglide lamp & map indicator lights

JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
During the day, it can be difficult to recognise that the Seaglide's lamp is lite and increasing the energy consumption.

Perhaps indicator lights could be added to the rear of the Seaglide with appropriate icons for the lamp and the map, with the indicator lights being lite when the lamp / map is on and being dark when they're not.

Comments

• Hotaru_ZokuHotaru_Zoku A world of 75% water. Join Date: 2017-12-07 Member: 234304Members
    Agreed. With the revelation that both of those systems are independent drains on the battery, an indicator light for the front lamp would be helpful.
  • BoffBoff Sweden Join Date: 2018-08-12 Member: 242804Members
    I hate cycling through them.
    Light on Map on
    Light off map off
    Light on Map off.

I find the map gets in the way and generally not useful.
    The sea-glide's blue-tinted light is not as "useful" as the player's white-flashlight.
    Outcrops tend to be more visible in the white light, whereas the blue light it's harder to see them, especially Lead :)

The Map shows geometry, but not HUD information such as where Scanned resources are or beacons.

• ZeTrystanZeTrystan Join Date: 2019-08-29 Member: 254502Members
    Yup, same, I always ignore the map which is more confusing than anything, and get annoyed while cycling 10 times to find the ''only light'' option. Having more indicators would be helpful too.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    I have used the map, once or twice, to navigate in large caves.

Mostly of the time having to alternate several combinations to get to the light is extremely annoying.