[BUG] Shaders and texture don't load- HELP! [13740]

CatieVGCatieVG Ca, US Join Date: 2019-05-22 Member: 253009Members
I've been reporting this since the early access released and haven't gotten any help.

Every time I try to play Below Zero the geometry shaders and textures won't load. I've been trying to fix this since early access release.
I tried reinstalling, turning it off and on again, verifying the integrity of game files and scrolling through the bug forum for answers.

buynfvzagh3d.png
cdqc8irl9gch.png

I tried getting the log files for you guys but my folder looks different:
djffbq1c68nd.png

I'm a huge fan (I've stuck through the original Subnautica's early access, then bought Subnautica in Steam and for my PS4 and replayed a billion times) and I'm so upset that I can't figure out how to get it to work. If the ambient occlusion is turned off then I can't see anything at all but bare minimum water graphics. I've tried reinstalling and checking the files for corruption. I'm dying to play this game!

rr3gv8ghvklp.png

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v2 @3.50GHz
RAM: 16384 megabytes
GPU: AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D700 Open GL Engine
GPU RAM: 6144 megabytes
Threads: 12 logical processors
Version: 13740
Build Date: 5/9/2019 2:10:12 AM

Comments

• IcewindIcewind Join Date: 2019-05-26 Member: 253083Members
    Silly question, but I have noticed some weird things happen to my games if I had updated the graphics card drivers, but not Windows OS or vice versa.
    Is Windows and your Graphic drivers up to date?
  • CatieVGCatieVG Ca, US Join Date: 2019-05-22 Member: 253009Members
    Icewind wrote: »
    Silly question, but I have noticed some weird things happen to my games if I had updated the graphics card drivers, but not Windows OS or vice versa.
    Is Windows and your Graphic drivers up to date?

Hi! Thanks for your comment. No, I am actually running on a Mac Pro (you can check out the specs above) and drivers can't be independently updated outside of OS updates. All of my graphics software is up to date with the latest OS updates and I don't get any warnings from the game upon start. It almost seems like the install for mac is missing the textures but I can't be sure. Gosh I really could use an answer. It's driving me crazy.
  • IcewindIcewind Join Date: 2019-05-26 Member: 253083Members
    edited May 2019
    Oops! Thats right! It's what I meant, but not what I typed. :p. When I get some time off from work, I'll attempt to do some troubleshooting and researching a couple ideas I have for you. However, I don't own a MacPro, so it might be a bit harder to accomplish and possibly out of my league, but we'll try to figure it out. :)

EDIT: Did a quick look, and potentially it may have to do with an issue regarding compatibility with the game and OpenGL. Based on similar experiences from other games with those Mac specs. (You may have to wait for a patch from UknownWorlds on this one.)

Subnautica has also had trouble with AMD in the past as well. https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/140601/amd-gpu-problems

Ill keep my eyes and ears open for you in the meantime however.
    Icewind wrote: »
    Oops! Thats right! It's what I meant, but not what I typed. :p. When I get some time off from work, I'll attempt to do some troubleshooting and researching a couple ideas I have for you. However, I don't own a MacPro, so it might be a bit harder to accomplish and possibly out of my league, but we'll try to figure it out. :)

EDIT: Did a quick look, and potentially it may have to do with an issue regarding compatibility with the game and OpenGL. Based on similar experiences from other games with those Mac specs. (You may have to wait for a patch from UknownWorlds on this one.)

Subnautica has also had trouble with AMD in the past as well. https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/140601/amd-gpu-problems

Ill keep my eyes and ears open for you in the meantime however.

You are SO NICE!!!! Thank you SO much for poking around and trying to figure it out! <3 Thank you for keeping an eye out!
    Any other help from anyone? I’m dying to play :( been left to dry since it’s early access release
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited August 2019
    If it's an OpenGL issue, maybe use the run option -force -d3d11

If that doesn't help, the discord chat tends to respond quicker, clicky.
    narfblat wrote: »
    If it's an OpenGL issue, maybe use the run option -force -d3d11

If that doesn't help, the discord chat tends to respond quicker, clicky.

That’s a great idea!!! Thank you so much, narfblat!
    Updated fixed this! Thanks devs!!!! Now my controllers(tried PS4 and XBox/XBox 360) won't recognize the y-axis but one step at a time, hahaha.