Bug: There is zero support here

WhipWhip Join Date: 2019-06-17 Member: 253402Members
edited June 2019 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Don't you think it's time to start providing support now? I bought this game in July 2018 and after 2 previous attempts to finish it I hit game breaking bugs and now it's happened a 3rd time. Does anyone at Unknown Worlds care? If you do, I don't see it.

Comments

• TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    I'm afraid you may be correct.
    As you can see, the last post from anyone on the development team is from late April, and all they offer are condolences for the game not working properly (and the "promise" that they are "looking into it").
    It's disappointing really, and at this point I don't think I would recommend Subnautica to a potential buyer, because if they have any problems they are apparently on their own.

I hate saying this... I'm a HUGE Subnautica fan.
  • ShepherdShepherd Finland Join Date: 2019-06-24 Member: 253482Members
    I feel you man. I'm only 30 hours in, but already a big fan... such a relaxing feeling to dive deep into the ocean after a long day... but yes, lately I've also began having bugs:
    - sometimes the game runs smoothly 60fps, in some places it drops to 30
    - THERE IS NO POINT IN COLLECTING CREATURE EGGS... sucks, I'd love to learn their names
    - my cyclops keeps pushing me out of it :3
    Yeah... it hurts to admit that the game is a bit broken. Please Unknown Worlds! Fix this!
  • Wolly9102Wolly9102 Netherlands Join Date: 2019-06-13 Member: 253343Members
    Shepherd wrote: »
    I feel you man. I'm only 30 hours in, but already a big fan... such a relaxing feeling to dive deep into the ocean after a long day... but yes, lately I've also began having bugs:
    - THERE IS NO POINT IN COLLECTING CREATURE EGGS... sucks, I'd love to learn their names
    - my cyclops keeps pushing me out of it :3
    Yeah... it hurts to admit that the game is a bit broken. Please Unknown Worlds! Fix this!

Bit broken? You just haven't experienced the full Subbuggia experience ;)
  • Wolly9102Wolly9102 Netherlands Join Date: 2019-06-13 Member: 253343Members
    edited June 2019
    I agree with this. Feels like the game is still in beta. It's sad that even 3 years after release game breaking bugs just come out of nowhere and ruin your playing experience. Even the closed alpha of some games I was invited to play weren't as buggy as subnautica is today :( .

I take an example which I encounterd a few months back: If I take my prawnsuit on land and if I enter my cylcops again the whole cyclops is sort of flooded. which I've seen numerous reports on the internet about and still isn't fixed after all those years.

Seems if UW is too busy working on below zero. Altrough I fear for that game :/
  • bad_russianbad_russian Join Date: 2019-06-07 Member: 253265Members
    edited June 2019

Bit broken? You just haven't experienced the full Subbuggia experience ;) [/quote]

ДА!!! Subbugia. Это так чувак!
  • ShepherdShepherd Finland Join Date: 2019-06-24 Member: 253482Members
    Thats sad :( Can anyone tell for sure if the "press f8 to report bugs" actually does anything at this point?
  • Boeing737NextGenBoeing737NextGen Join Date: 2019-07-25 Member: 253947Members
    Thats sad :( Can anyone tell for sure if the "press f8 to report bugs" actually does anything at this point?
    Actually 0 feedback 4 me
  • m3limitlessm3limitless de Join Date: 2019-07-24 Member: 253926Members
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    They never said they would respond to all F8 reports, only ones they had a question on. Keep in mind they have to wade through a ton of reports. You can see them here.

On the other hand, fixes have been really sparse lately. I hope they will have more coming once Below Zero is released.
  • Azsorlex26Azsorlex26 Join Date: 2019-07-21 Member: 253856Members
    edited July 2019

I found that in the Steam version, adding "-high" (without quotations) to the launch options significantly helped with this. There'll still be a few quick drops, but the lower frame rates won't be consistent. Although this was tested on Linux so... your results may vary.
  • TryTry Luxembourg Join Date: 2019-07-22 Member: 253872Members
    edited July 2019
    I had all these bugs during my long hours in Subnautica. Especially falling out of my huge submarine while putting stuff in a locker is bad. And really really bad if you die from the fall and you've been in hardcore mode.
    Now I started Below Zero in the early access. And, Wolly9102, your fears come through : the same bugs made it into BZ : textures pooping up or disapearing, getting kicked out of your seatruck, fish swimming through your base, and many more.
    I really would like to see these bugs removed... and I want to replay Subnautica WITHOUT BUGS (and take all my stuff from the rocket into BZ) ;)
    As for F8 : I never got any reply :(
  • silk186silk186 Join Date: 2019-07-28 Member: 253984Members
    I didn't experience any noticeable bugs until yesterday. It crashes every time I try to save.
  • rtchalrtchal Join Date: 2019-08-02 Member: 254053Members
    edited August 2019
    Yeah the support is ridiculous. Over the past few years I have submitted several emails, bug reports, and messages for support, without any response whatsoever. It seems like they just pushed out the 'full release' of the game to give them an excuse to stop updating it and start working on another 'game' that will make them more money. I will not be purchasing Below Zero unless some sort of support for their games is shown. It seems like they don't care.