Subnautica broken permanently?

Wolly9102Wolly9102 Netherlands Join Date: 2019-06-13 Member: 253343Members
edited June 2019 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Hi,

Since about a month now every time I load up my safe file this happens. I am using the epic games version of the game.
Things I did:

- run compatibilty mode.
- reinstalling
- create a new safe
- check game files

I found some similair issues on reddit. But none of the solutions helped. I think the first game needs a giant bug fix. I included a video of what I experience. This was taken by me. The game also doesn't have any sound

https://youtu.be/PABJ6LsVUKM

Comments

• WhipWhip Join Date: 2019-06-17 Member: 253402Members
    edited June 2019
    Seems so. And there is ZERO support, as you can see. No support system at all. Just a slight chance that maybe another end-user, such as myself will chime in. But that's not anything that resembles a support system.

That said, I'm familiar with your bug but I can't start a post of my own because even though it's been a day and I've made this reply (that I'm now editing) I still cant post. What a great system.

I know you have tried a ton stuff, so did I. That specific bug you have encountered is triggered in some way through audio - how? I have no idea. But this worked for me: Playing with wireless headphones alone. Oddest fix ever in my lifetime of playing video games. For me, this means that I literally cannot play the game unless I use headphones, but then there are the other game-breaking bugs. Hope this works for you, maybe just try using a different audio device.

Maybe some day UW will provide real support, and not just a place to post bugs, and push support off to other end-users.

As you can see here, I have the same bug that you do. But I've provided a bit more detail here:

• Wolly9102Wolly9102 Netherlands Join Date: 2019-06-13 Member: 253343Members
    Whip wrote: »
    Seems so. And there is ZERO support, as you can see. No support system at all. Just a slight chance that maybe another end-user, such as myself will chime in. But that's not anything that resembles a support system.

That said, I'm familiar with your bug but I can't start a post of my own because even though it's been a day and I've made this reply (that I'm now editing) I still cant post. What a great system.

I know you have tried a ton stuff, so did I. That specific bug you have encountered is triggered in some way through audio - how? I have no idea. But this worked for me: Playing with wireless headphones alone. Oddest fix ever in my lifetime of playing video games. For me, this means that I literally cannot play the game unless I use headphones, but then there are the other game-breaking bugs. Hope this works for you, maybe just try using a different audio device.

Maybe some day UW will provide real support, and not just a place to post bugs, and push support off to other end-users.

As you can see here, I have the same bug that you do. But I've provided a bit more detail here:

Hi thanks for your reply.

I actually didn't think using wireless headphones would work (even as a temporarily fix) but also in my case it did. I watched your video and indeed all the bugs I experience. I noticed you're client version is from sep-2018, mine is from dec 2018, how come? (doesn't really matter since the bug is present in the december version of the game).

I tried with your finding a few things.

-Disconnecting wireless headphones while playing (no sound but game keeps working until I restart) I can quit but it loads normally back in.
    - Disabling sound all together also works.
    - activating sound when playing and loading back in results in the bug happening again.

I am still testing what happens if I transfer my savefile from my laptop to my desktop since I like to play subnautica on the go. my desktop didn't contain the game until now.

Greetings,
  • Wolly9102Wolly9102 Netherlands Join Date: 2019-06-13 Member: 253343Members
    edited June 2019
    I transfered my safe game on my other pc (with complete fresh install) and now the game works fine with sound as it should. Dunno for how long though.

One thing i've noticed. changing audio inputs which I have a few of on my desktop. I switched from my USB headset to internal sound card. This seems to kill sound immediately. No game breaking bugs though
  • silk186silk186 Join Date: 2019-07-28 Member: 253984Members
    Whip wrote: »

You need to confirm your e-mail. I just had the same issue.