I found an interesting connection in the Subnautica Concept Art.

SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
Now, this honestly has nothing to do with anything, but I was looking through the concept art on the Wiki today, and I saw this beauty.

yfoqzj7at030.jpg

Now I'm sure that you've all seen this, and probably thought, "I wish this was in the actual game," at least once.

Well, what if I were to tell you that it is?

I believe it actually is, because if you put the concept art, and this particular skeleton next to each other,
3ffey750x4vl.jpg
7vmro9d1pb7d.jpg

you can see the resemblance.

So many people have wondered at what this skeleton would've looked like when it was alive, as it looks like nothing else we've seen in-game. Mystery solved.

Now, of course, it's not exact, but it's more than a passing resemblance of what this things skull would look like. Even it's PDA entry says,
The skull of a million year old armored carnivore. Projections suggest this lifeform would have been larger than any living specimen encountered on the planet.

The oceans of 4546B must have been very different to support lifeforms of this size, with more open geography and many more lifeforms in the leviathan range.

It even calls it a skull!

This honestly shocked me how simple it is when looking at them side-by-side, but I would have never even thought of such a thing.
Now, what this also does is that it brings up an interesting question. Are there any others? Other subtle nods to past ideas or concept art ideas that couldn't make the cut? Who knows, we'll just need to keep searching, I guess. Anyone up for the task?

Comments