BELOW ZERO: Anyone having trouble making batteries?

SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
So I haven't played Below Zero in a while, and when I started a new game, I haven't been able to find a single ribbon plant anywhere. This has rendered me unable to make batteries and thus unable to advance the story. Am I missing something obvious?

Comments

• The_Maintenance_GuyThe_Maintenance_Guy Join Date: 2019-06-01 Member: 253175Members
    Those ribbon plants are always in small caves. I'm not sure if everyone's game is exactly the same but in mine, If you exit the rescue pod and swim in a straight line away from the door, then veer to the right when you get to the drop off, go down deeper and you will see a tunnel entrance. Continue into that and on your left there should be a small cave with at least one plant. This is the typical location. A work around, If you have the "Repair Tool" blue print you can make that with rubber/sulfur/titanium and it will have a battery that you can remove and use elsewhere.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Yeah, I had checked all the caves I could find and there were no ribbon plants, but when I reloaded the game they were there. I think I had some sort of error where the game didn't load everything in.
  • The_Maintenance_GuyThe_Maintenance_Guy Join Date: 2019-06-01 Member: 253175Members
    Okay, cool! Glad it worked out! Also, great HHG2TG quote!
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members