Sub Zero - Some fish stole my Scanner

FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
Any idea where or how I get it back, or is it just gone? Haven't crafted a second one, because I'm not going to start a loop of crafting / losing items. There were no in-game tips or quest log, so I've no idea if I'm supposed to just give up on it, or waste time searching. Anyway, thanks for any help.

Comments

• EmTriEmTri Netherlands Join Date: 2018-03-04 Member: 238567Members
    A sea monkey snatched it. You can grab it back from him or follow it back to its nest and grab it there with some extra loot.
    Only way to avoid that is to stow away your gear when they are around.
  • GroundOwlGroundOwl Join Date: 2019-04-24 Member: 252542Members
    Have you filed a police report ._.?
  • TehDerpyTehDerpy Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252570Members
    Is this posting? Yeet
  • MadeMyDayMadeMyDay Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222267Members
    EmTri wrote: »
    A sea monkey snatched it. You can grab it back from him or follow it back to its nest and grab it there with some extra loot.
    Only way to avoid that is to stow away your gear when they are around.

Ive never seen them swimming to theyr nest and i have never found something in the nests.
    If it happens to me, i directly swim to the sea monkey and grab it back.
  • Remedy85Remedy85 NY Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252581Members
    Yep, I directly swam to it and knifed it a few times then grabbed it back. However, I can see a scenario where you are low on oxygen as it gets grabbed and that's not an option. >:)
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    I was in a pitch-black area at night and had to use my flashlight to figure out where I was going -- and the @#%$ seamonkey stole my flashlight! Arrgh.

Fortunately, since it was night, I could see him and my light clearly as he swam away, so I gave chase and grabbed it back. Annoying little critter. :)
  • subnauticansubnautican bell 3111 dr Join Date: 2019-05-13 Member: 252865Members
    Id just kill it and take it back
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    HEHEHEH LOL HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. you can hunt it down and get your stuff back
  • Nar_UdautasNar_Udautas UK Join Date: 2019-06-08 Member: 253277Members
    edited June 2019
    clear the area of them all, mow them down with the sea truck ... i hope those blooming sea monkeys have a purpose at some point .....
  • villAgerDivErvillAgerDivEr Join Date: 2019-06-17 Member: 253401Members
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    I had a Sea Monkey steal my Scanner and although I tried, I couldn't take it back. Tried to follow but on my second rise for air, lost him.

I'm starting to think unpleasant thoughts about the Sea Monkeys' future. I think it's a bad idea as a game irritant. You have far less situational awareness in the game. In the real world, it's harder for something to just grab an item as you see them coming, even if only out of the corner of your eye, and you react and block.