multi player

Gen_NS2Gen_NS2 Join Date: 2013-07-07 Member: 185980Members
when you start the game you would be in the pod with your chosen partner and you just do the whole game together
also if possible you could have up to 5 people playing.
I hope you do this because my friends and I love Subnautica but we can't play altogether
I hope you do this update.
Thank you.

Comments

• SkyArbiterSkyArbiter Join Date: 2018-03-07 Member: 238703Members
    I think that if more than two people join a game, there should be no more than 2 lifepods, and they should be on either side of the safe shallows.
  • Muninn_CrowMuninn_Crow Join Date: 2018-02-27 Member: 238401Members
    From what I've read, most of the forum threads and comments have been requests for multiplayer. This is an old concept that has been shut down by the devs again and again. The developers will not make multiplayer for the game, since they designed the end product as a solo survival experience (being alone with your thoughts on a dangerous alien world).

That said, there is a multiplayer mod in the works, with the blessings of the devs, which has made considerable progress, and looks good with upwards of six people. Still, the greatest challenge in the mod is the syncing of events, and player animations, since many of them are client-side events (meaning it only shows up for the player, and not others)
  • Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    As much as it would be cool to play Subnautica side by side with someone else the devs have said that there will be no multiplayer.
  • Reaper_Peeper101Reaper_Peeper101 wont tell Join Date: 2019-04-13 Member: 252304Members
    What if they made an entirely new DLC. I know it would take a while but it would be worth it. It would be the same world and you and others are part of a colonization effort that is going to study the planet, the new DLC would take place 10 years after the Aurora crashed, they could make it so the Aurora decayed into nothing and it reveals a Reaper habitat. There would be the same creatures and stuff like that. The Emperor Leviathan population would be back to normal. This wouldn't be a Battle Royale mess, it would be a multi-player survival game. If the developers read this, can you please consider this?
  • kubcraftkubcraft Polska Join Date: 2018-12-10 Member: 245435Members
    Guys do you know about Nitrox ?
  • subnauticansubnautican bell 3111 dr Join Date: 2019-05-13 Member: 252865Members
    I want multiplayer because I have my sister and a friend who cant play at the same time in the same place so we have to take turns
  • subnauticansubnautican bell 3111 dr Join Date: 2019-05-13 Member: 252865Members
    What if they made an entirely new DLC. I know it would take a while but it would be worth it. It would be the same world and you and others are part of a colonization effort that is going to study the planet, the new DLC would take place 10 years after the Aurora crashed, they could make it so the Aurora decayed into nothing and it reveals a Reaper habitat. There would be the same creatures and stuff like that. The Emperor Leviathan population would be back to normal. This wouldn't be a Battle Royale mess, it would be a multi-player survival game. If the developers read this, can you please consider this?

Good idea i agree