All scores gone

Des_MoniaDes_Monia Germany Join Date: 2019-04-28 Member: 252612Members
After rebuilding my computer, all scores for both Subnautica and Subnautica Below Zero have disappeared. This is extremely annoying, since I was already quite far. Will this always be the case or is it still working to preserve the scores in such cases?
I'm annoying me otherwise !!!! :s

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    If you are using a new hard drive, you'll need to transfer the saves from the old one. Saves aren't kept in steam cloud, and same probably applies to Epic.

If you are using the same hard drive, you may have installed steam to a different place this time. Find your old steam folder and transfer the saves from there.
  • Des_MoniaDes_Monia Germany Join Date: 2019-04-28 Member: 252612Members
    No I do not have that, why ... all of my games at steam are an example, but not at subnautica. if you have to do any special backups, then this should also be mentioned somewhere, the subnautica not like other games at steam and co be stored. as already mentioned, this only affects subnautica all other games have their scores yet and I did not have to do anything !!!
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited May 2019
    It depends on the game, but yes, many are stored in Steam Cloud. To check whether your game saves to the cloud: open your steam library, right-click a game and go to properties. Click the "updates" tab, and compare to these images:
    nsy56akjl59q.png
    that is not offeredso0nyggisumc.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Exactly. If a game doesn't have the "steam cloud" option, you have to copy the saves yourself.
    And how does it work ... I mean, how do I do that?