Subnautica: Below Zero Snowfox Update - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica: Below Zero Snowfox Update - Subnautica

Subnautica: Below Zero receives a second Early Access update. Check out the Snowfox Update Site to see all the sweet new features in action! Snowfox vehicle Chelicerate & Snow Stalker...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HawssHawss USA Join Date: 2019-04-25 Member: 252545Members
    When entering my docked seatruck, it is unusable and not able to move forward. It drops into the water as it should, but no movement....a bit frustrating, hopefully a hot fix soon.
  • MardyMardy Join Date: 2019-03-09 Member: 251615Members
    Agreed I have the same problem with the Sea Truck - I get into it in the dock, it drops into the Sea and you are stuck, you cant move you cant look about, you cant exit it you just have to quit game. I did notice that you can hit boost and the boost sound and graphics work but it still doesn't move and you do see the reverse mirror when you press S - but again it still doesn't move. It is unplayable right now
    edited April 2019
    OK I found a work around - here is what I did, first I made another sea truck, that one worked fine. Not sure I needed to though. Then I went back in the first sea truck, dropped into water, stuck again, then I got brave... saved my game inside the sea truck and exited the game, went back in and was able to get out of the sea truck, got back in, docked worked fine. It seems to be something only to do with docked sea trucks and once you have done this it seems to work
    edited April 2019
    Mardy wrote: »
    OK I found a work around - here is what I did, first I made another sea truck, that one worked fine. Not sure I needed to though. Then I went back in the first sea truck, dropped into water, stuck again, then I got brave... saved my game inside the sea truck and exited the game, went back in and was able to get out of the sea truck, got back in, docked worked fine. It seems to be something only to do with docked sea trucks and once you have done this it seems to work

Ok update to that - don't redock - every time you release you get stuck again, same fix works, save game and exit and then come back in and you can pilot the sea truck no problem
  • mafsmafs Austria Join Date: 2019-04-25 Member: 252553Members
    edited April 2019
    has the Problem with depleting water-sources been fixed in this update?
    (bladderfish do not respawn, creepvine seeds do not regrow)
    edited April 2019
    OK few hours into the update and I need to take a break - its pretty broken.... Got to the glacier found hardly any resources, went back for Sea Truck full of resources, got it stuck in the tunnel and lost it, had to go back make another and fill that with resources, got that one through.
    Found the parts for the snowfox tried to build it, went and found the base for it, built that wouldn't work as it has to be connected to a power supply which you cant connect to it but have to connect to one sitting near it but wouldn't build it, so built a building in the sea wouldn't connect, built one on land that I cant get in just so I could mount a solar panel still wouldn't connect, built a foundation that floated in the air, built another foundation near a ramp built the snowfox base on that and a solar panel and hey presto I could build the bike, built it and jumped on it, had to jump off the foundation went for a drive, kept getting it stuck and I mean jammed on rocks finally got it back to the base, jumped it onto the foundation to get it back on the base got it stuck again on the foundation, managed to get it off and it fell into the water half in and half out stuck on a rock and now it wont move at all..... fed up now so enough for today - guys, just make it so you can put a SOLAR PANEL ON THE SNOWFOX BASE that would be so much better and for goodness sake make it hover over water - edit: just started the whole thing again and this time it let me build a solar panel at the side of the snowfox base..... much easier don't try to build it on the snowfox base, put it on the ground at the side of it, it isn't obvious
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I had no trouble building a snowfox pad and a solar panel next to it... I did have trouble actually using the snowfox. I found the controls a little frustrating, and I'm wondering if the game thought I was in water or something - I built the pad on top of an iceberg (it let me do this, so I assumed the iceberg counted as land) and then built the snowfox, but it would hardly move. I was able to pack it and redeploy it on some higher ground and it seemed to work better. Also, how do we build upgrades? I see that it has an upgrade port, but I couldn't find a way to build them. Has that not been implemented yet?
  • SgtKokkenSgtKokken Denmark Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252575Members
    When is this update out??
    Using Epic launcher and no update is downloading?
  • Krump7ast1cKrump7ast1c Join Date: 2019-01-31 Member: 249947Members
    Anyone else have the issue where oxygen doesn't replenish in the seatruck? Since it can't fit through the entrance to the glacial basin, I had to swim the rest of the way. On the way back I died (due to oxygen loss after trying to get the seatruck unstuck), and when I respawned the seatruck was inoperable. Could not move after trying to pilot it, so had to restart.
  • Remedy85Remedy85 NY Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252581Members
    Decided to break down and purchase today after another update. Quick question -- is progression saved between patches or wiped each time? Will it be wiped on official release? I googled around but couldn't find an answer.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    Usually you can continue playing a saved game and all your progression is saved. However some parts of an update, e.g. modifications to terrain, can mess with things like where your base(s) are located. Some story beats, data tablets and supply caches can change.

Personally, this early into the game when we don't have much to lose, I prefer to start over with each major update and experience the progression as currently intended by the developers. Similarly, when the final release drops, I'll start a new game.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    edited April 2019
    Some thoughts about the recent SnowFox update:

1) Awkward SnowFox controls. Changing direction by having to turn your head far to one side or the other is awkward. As a player, you are initiating an action but the game only catches up eventually and does what you want. It's feels laggy and disorienting to me.

I assume that the intention is for you to ride the SnowFox and be able to glance left or right while still maintaining the current direction, and only an exaggerated change of view results in a change of direction. Interesting idea but it feels very awkward. I seem to recall a similar problem with the SeaMoth at one point during its early access period.

I would suggest either locking the SnowFox's current direction to where the player is looking, or perhaps use a couple of keys to swing left and right. 'A' and 'D' are used for side-to-side strafing, so maybe the 'Z' and 'X' keys???

2) I found it pretty easy to get my avatar hung up on the SnowFox Hoverpad geometry. Jumping always set me free, but it's a bit of an annoyance.

3) Lithium! Thank you, thank you, thank you for putting abundant lithium in the new purple vents biome. That used to be the rarest ingredient in the game, for me anyway. Now I can make all the base reinforcements I need!

Edit: One additional minor point:

When you scan the "Snow Plant" it ends up in the encyclopedia under "Indigenous Lifeforms --> Flora --> Sea" even though it's actually a surface plant, not one in the sea. Like I said, just a minor point. ;)
  • UmyumUmyum Join Date: 2019-04-29 Member: 252625Members
    I haven't gotten too deep into this update, but there is a recent addition that really needs improvement.

When on land during a storming, a sort of ringing noise plays continuously, blocking out all other sounds. It goes away when in a cave or when diving underwater. My issue with it is that storms occur too frequently and suddenly, and the effect itself is incredibly annoying after a while. I get what the devs were going for - some kind of storm atmosphere - but it really needs optimization. Usually it'll play constantly on land, even when there isn't a storm.

I feel like this effect should be fixed very quickly, or shelve it until you find a way to make it less irritating.

I realize this is probably not the place to be dropping complaints. I'm simply wondering if anyone else is having a similar problem. I will likely post this on a more appropriate board soon.
  • KrakoarKrakoar Australia Join Date: 2019-04-29 Member: 252628Members
    I have Subnautica Below Zero on Epic and the update is yet to come through. Any idea when it is supposed to arrive?
    Anyone else have the issue where oxygen doesn't replenish in the seatruck? Since it can't fit through the entrance to the glacial basin, I had to swim the rest of the way. On the way back I died (due to oxygen loss after trying to get the seatruck unstuck), and when I respawned the seatruck was inoperable. Could not move after trying to pilot it, so had to restart.

I have had this issue with the sea truck since it came in the game and put modules on it. If I enter it through the modules, the power isn't on and I can't replenish oxygen. I found that if you climb through the top hatch of the cabin, detach the modules and then drive forward a bit and then reverse up to reconnect the modules, I reconnect power to the modules. But you have to enter through the top hatch. Coming from the modules to the cabin and driving off will continue to use up the oxygen as if you are under water.
  • BoxLord8570BoxLord8570 Join Date: 2019-04-29 Member: 252630Members
    The SnowFox Camera Is A Bit Sloppy In My Opinion And Is Really Annoying when You Get Stuck On Cliffs And Ledges.
  • sheridavissheridavis Join Date: 2019-04-30 Member: 252644Members
  • Eyes_AboveEyes_Above Canada Join Date: 2019-05-02 Member: 252672Members
    I find the handling of the snoxfox really awkward and sluggish. I feel like having "A" and "D" rotate/turn the device rather than using the mouse would be much better. Using this, plus mouse freelook would be more intuitive.

In addition, the above ground environments intended for the snow fox are somewhat cramped. You might have this planned for future updates, but a more open environment for the snow fox would seem more suitable than slowly taking it through cramped caves/corridors. A mix between open and cramped would feel best, but right now there's too much to run into making it just plain not fun to drive.

Part of the appeal of the original Subnautica was the dauntingness of the endless expanse of the ocean. Please try to include this feeling in this game as well as it's what contributed to that sense of discovery when you found something cool!

Thanks for your hard work and amazing games.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    edited May 2019
    Sea truck O2, use the hatch only NOT the doors to enter/exit truck. Oops someone has already mentioned the workaround
  • The_CoderThe_Coder Join Date: 2019-04-23 Member: 252508Members
    why cant you go in the crystal caves anymore?
  • ElijahbeefElijahbeef Join Date: 2019-06-01 Member: 253179Members
    add like a mushroom biome from the original exept its way different and icy id love that call it the icee biome or something like that :b