Sea Truck non-responsive

AsruganAsrugan US Midwest Join Date: 2019-03-22 Member: 251905Members
Build 12212

Shortly after the Sea Truck was added, I built the cab and docked it in the moonpool. Ever since doing that, I've been unable to undock it without all controls going unresponsive. All menus and the alternate view work fine, but my avatar's hands release the controls as the cab drops into the water and from there I can only reload the game. I've logged on a few times over the last couple weeks to try again, but it always works the same way.

Comments

• AsruganAsrugan US Midwest Join Date: 2019-03-22 Member: 251905Members
    edited April 2019
  • DeathjudgeDeathjudge Alabama Join Date: 2016-12-13 Member: 224907Members
    i am having same issue, if i try to head out with the truck , but what is strange it worked the 1st couple time then just started acting this way and i am forced to reload game and not use truck, very costly moon pool decor
  • Brando698Brando698 Indiana Join Date: 2019-04-27 Member: 252589Members
    Mine is doing the same thing just noticed it today i get the message that there has been somthing added to my pda and i just in and it looks exactly like that picture kinda a bummer i was super stocked for the new update but if anyone had any ideas maybe it is the patch im not sure
  • Des_MoniaDes_Monia Germany Join Date: 2019-04-28 Member: 252612Members
    What happened, my sea moth (or whatever the part is called) just falls into the water like a wet sack and I can not do anything anymore. My hands do not move and I can not swim with the moth ...
  • BahahyjalBahahyjal Join Date: 2019-04-28 Member: 252615Members
    Hello all,

i have the same problem now .

Baha
    edited April 2019
    nothing works now. if I want to open the spint, the tablet opens ...
    it does not work as it should and it went before.
  • vulcan1958vulcan1958 Join Date: 2019-04-29 Member: 252626Members
    Having same problem with seatruck just happened after I downloaded the Snowfox update don't really want to uninstall and reinstall the game so if anyone figure's this out please post
    the update is made automatically by the launcher, because I can not download anything wrong myself. but I still have the game as a precaution uninstalled and reinstalled, but it still works nothing like it should.
  • vulcan1958vulcan1958 Join Date: 2019-04-29 Member: 252626Members
    seatruck still poned guess I'll just have to uninstall and reinstall the game and start over
    no, uninstalling and reinstalling does not bring anything !!!!!
  • ArloArlo Oregon, USA Join Date: 2019-04-30 Member: 252649Members
    I also had this issue.

While in the moonpool, the Sea Truck headlights were still on, which was weird. When I entered, it deployed and I could not move with WSAD or the mouse. However, hitting S shows the backup camera and W makes the camera go away. I could not exit the Sea Truck with E. Tab does bring up a small version of the PDA.

• AltaziAltazi Join Date: 2019-01-16 Member: 248807Members
    I had the 'unresponsive SeaTruck' issue, and found a way to fix it. I would enable the console, enter the command 'freecam' for free look, move a bit (saw my headless character), then enter 'freecam' again to return to normal. At that point, I was able to pilot the SeaTruck, re-dock it in the moonpool, and climb out.

One oddity . . . as I walk around inside the moonpool, I hear SeaTruck audio as I move. Vrrrm, vrrrm.
    when can you finally play the game again?
  • FitzwalrusFitzwalrus Portland OR Join Date: 2019-05-05 Member: 252740Members
    I am having the same issue. In my case it started after the most recent update (SnowFox?) was downloaded. It may be a problem with the SeaTruck/Moonpool interface - if I am standing in the Moonpool when the game starts the SeaTruck is below the surface of the water. The Moonpool arms activate and lift the ST into position, but only 3 of the 4 actually attach to the ST (right front arm does not) and the surface of the MP water level can be seen inside the ST cab.

I hope this gets resolved soon, as not having the ST available apparently makes it impossible to access the new updated areas (can't get there via SeaGlide - not enough O2.)
  • Synthetic_RoseSynthetic_Rose North Carolina Join Date: 2019-05-05 Member: 252749Members
    Altazi wrote: »
    I would enable the console, enter the command 'freecam' for free look, move a bit (saw my headless character), then enter 'freecam' again to return to normal. At that point, I was able to pilot the SeaTruck, re-dock it in the moonpool, and climb out.

This worked for me as well! (Thanks Altazi!) Though Robin was frozen in the sitting position while walking around afterwards. I fixed this by jumping back into the Sea Truck. Character and Sea Truck did what they were supposed to, and then Robin moved around as normal.
  • BorksBorks Join Date: 2019-05-07 Member: 252774Members
    Altazi wrote: »
    I had the 'unresponsive SeaTruck' issue, and found a way to fix it. I would enable the console, enter the command 'freecam' for free look, move a bit (saw my headless character), then enter 'freecam' again to return to normal. At that point, I was able to pilot the SeaTruck, re-dock it in the moonpool, and climb out.

I... had... another fix... I knew it might bug out so I saved before docking/undocking. It bugged while undocking... So I dissembled the moonpool, built a second seatruck and rammed the first one. That fixed it but then after a few dockings/undockings it bugged again. Is your solution permanent?

• giusgius Join Date: 2019-05-07 Member: 252783Members
    same, sea truck is non-responsive, everything else seems to work fine
  • AltaziAltazi Join Date: 2019-01-16 Member: 248807Members
    I somehow repeatedly ended up 'swimming' in the air in the moonpool where the SeaTruck was docked - all because I was trying to rename my lockers (!!!!) The solution of entering the SeaTruck, discovering it non-responsive, doing 'freecam' as described - this returned things to normal every time. I was able to play the game without (apparent) issues.