Subnautica Xbox Update 1.0.0.32 Released! - Subnautica

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I looked as far back as August, haven't seen much pc-specific work at all, while many checkins specifically mention xbox or ps4. (On another thread, a developer mentioned the return of console commands should be in the next patch.)
  • GrimswoldGrimswold Join Date: 2019-03-21 Member: 251879Members
    Your smoked the very first slide that says current load is literally chalk full of pc work. Only three things even mention xbox and there's nothing of ps4 at all.
    narfblat wrote: »
    I looked as far back as August, haven't seen much pc-specific work at all, while many checkins specifically mention xbox or ps4. (On another thread, a developer mentioned the return of console commands should be in the next patch.)

I went back and checked just for shits n gigs and throughout the entire tracker I mean the whole thing that's available for us to even see there's only 4 total mentions of Xbox and again nothing at all of ps4. https://trello.com/b/eLEWpq3P/subnautica-playtesting
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Grimswold Trello isn't very active anymore; the latest update in the section you linked was updated Jan 21. Instead, try this: https://subnautica.unknownworlds.com/changes-and-checkins
    (updates that don't list a specific platform are generally for all)
    narfblat wrote: »
    @Grimswold Trello isn't very active anymore; the latest update in the section you linked was updated Jan 21. Instead, try this: https://subnautica.unknownworlds.com/changes-and-checkins
    (updates that don't list a specific platform are generally for all)

Wowzers, thanks for the lead mate and I apologize for the uninformed retort!
  • ObeseBobObeseBob Join Date: 2019-04-20 Member: 252448Members
    We need to get some multiplayer soon. It gets lonely after a while. [ i mean, that is sort of the point but nevertheless, it would be great]?‍♂️
  • Halozone7Halozone7 Join Date: 2019-05-02 Member: 252678Members
    We need multiplayer
  • BigbadradicalbradBigbadradicalbrad Join Date: 2018-03-31 Member: 239677Members
    edited May 2019
    Is there any chance you guys could add a way to change the order of your items in your item selection menu without having to reselect the order of the items you want all over again? Also, I still have a world that says "Unknown block type 6" every time I try to play it. Any ideas? Thanks!
  • TaMElegandZz7TaMElegandZz7 Join Date: 2019-05-27 Member: 253088Members
    when will u add cheats back to the game
  • RemonRemon Join Date: 2019-06-07 Member: 253258Members
    Get error code 2147500037 when i try to login into my account
  • Nkdude11Nkdude11 Join Date: 2019-06-07 Member: 253267Members
    what we really need is for stalker teeth to stop glitching under the map
  • NoahlovesSubnauticaNoahlovesSubnautica Indiana Join Date: 2019-06-19 Member: 253424Members
    Fix it for ps4 please:(
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    Scanner; It seems to fixed. I scanned for wrecks and found debris fields and the wrecks that could be entered. Even sand stone chunks were accurately depicted on the HUD. I found 2 false target chunks, but returned for them successfully after I had gather other chunks nearby. Thanks.
    How can I 'rescue' my exo suit if the reaper is 'eating' the exosuit below the sea bed aft of aurora?
  • Tristan123422318Tristan123422318 Join Date: 2019-09-06 Member: 254612Members
    We need an update for multiplayer
  • CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Members
    Pretty sure it's been stated numerous times that it's not really feasible to implement multiplayer... At this point I'd settle for any kind of information about any status of any update that might 'still' be implemented for this seemingly abandoned game...

It's a fantastic SP game, And I'm not mad about the multiplayer aspect missing, it might take away from the sole survivor kind of feel of the game. Part of the atmosphere is you learning that you are truly 'alone' on this planet... until you find those eggs and get some pets :smiley:

But at this rate we'll probably never even see the new content PC is seeing on consoles.... The thought of them pulling off a patch 'that' big is just not a thing. I haven't even seen anyone on the dev team say a single word on these forums in a 'very' long time. Tragic, all in all. Was such a great game, a true gem left unpolished.
  • Hyrulehero101Hyrulehero101 South carolina Join Date: 2017-09-16 Member: 233095Members
    It's true, the xbox version of the game is extremely unpolished it's been 8 months since this Update, if you follow there twitter the xbox page has been dead for a long time but apparently constant updates and bug patches for bellow zero are blowing up my phone every day the devs should have considered console players on how they want to play subnautica thats on the same performance level of the pc version before below zero started getting made they practically made it for console because people will think its great on console so they waste money on a broken game if i was a game developer i wouldn't say "oh the story is complete lets sell it to people who don't know it's unpolished" i bet they gave us the admin control comands because there to "busy" to fix the bugs. If i made a game it polish it to perfection like my father once said "never leave a project unfinished"
  • cold_as_icecold_as_ice Salt Lake City Join Date: 2018-07-11 Member: 242111Members
    Would still LOVE to see a patch that fixes the graphic pop-in bug on console!!!
  • Nanosounds848Nanosounds848 Manchester Join Date: 2019-11-02 Member: 255268Members
    edited November 2019
    When can we have the beta dlc (Below Zero) for Subnautica on consoles?.
    There are still many complaints about performance and bugginess of regular Subnautica on consoles. I would guess that they are going to attempt to resolve those first, then consider release of Below Zero on consoles.

The changes and checkins shows a lot more developer activity in October than the previous few months. Nothing seemed console specific, but it seems hopeful.
  • ChlochloChlochlo Join Date: 2019-11-03 Member: 255280Members
    Je ne peut pas sauvegarder ca me ramène au menu, sur xbox one, le jeu a ete acheté en dématérialiser
  • GoHeat1988GoHeat1988 United States Join Date: 2018-05-25 Member: 240922Members
    edited November 2019
    They did respond over on this page: https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2396834#Comment_2396834

"0RAVENLOCH0 wrote: »
    Will there be any new updates on the xbox?

We're working on new patches for console, but no ETA yet."

So I guess we've got that....
  • CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Members
    Considering how long its been since its last console patch... The fact that they can't even narrow down which quarter of a year it might be... Nothing like Q1 2020, maybe Q2 at the latest... It's just been month, after month... after month... after month... No updates.

I am a HUGE fan of this game and recommend it to everyone I can who is looking for a new game to play but this weird state of limbo that the updates are in with NO real feedback is making me look bad to the people I recommend this game to... It's a shame. I still maintain it's a fantastic game, but had I of known that they'd outsource the console version and basically leave it abandoned after that I might not of bought the game a SECOND time after my PC died. To this date it's one of my favorite games ever and everyone should play it, but the fact that it's 'still' in early release on console while I can watch youtubers handle all the new content for PC... It's two separate games. A well functioning PC game with an expansion pack, and a console game that's a good tribute to the PC that was clearly inspired by this PC game only to be an abandoned, never to be finished console port of said PC game.
  • Getwreacked2221Getwreacked2221 Join Date: 2019-11-28 Member: 255986Members
    I wish the developers would add in multiplayer iin both subauticas
    Nevrmore
    I wish the developers would add in multiplayer iin both subauticas

Never, never, never. No Multiplayer, NEVER
    What do you mean by nevermore
    How do you get stalker teeth
    Stalkers are the long-jawed sharks that live in the creepvine area. They have a chance to drop a tooth each time they pick up scrap metal, so the easiest way to get the teeth is to leave scrap metal in near them, or especially in an area with multiple Stalkers. More risky, but the Stalkers will keep stealing each other's scrap metal. It also used to drop teeth when they tried to bite the Seamoth, but that hasn't worked for me in a long time.

As far as multiplayer goes, there is a whole big thread at the top about it. In short, it wouldn't be economical. The developers would spend more money fixing the game for multiplayer than they could expect to make. There is a multiplayer mod for original Subnautica on PC, not sure if they have it fully functional yet. (Below Zero seems less likely to get multiplayer mod, as the dialogue is all about you being alone.)