Mods Wishlist

vuatsonvuatson Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251649Members
A thread for mods you wish existed, including changes to existing mods!

Personally I’d love to have a mod that lets you name your cuddlefish, maybe by implanting a tracking chip. The chip could also let you keep track of their health. Just the name part would be enough for me though!

It would also be nice to change the behavior of Warpers from aggressive to neutral after you complete the cure part of the story. There’s a mod that stops them from spawning, but I’d rather let them just swim around ignoring me - they have a really cool model.

If my coding skills weren’t in the negatives, I might try to make either one of these, but as it is I can only dream :P

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Last I knew, warpers calmed down after the cure. My Ssd crashed shortly after the v1.0 release, so I haven't played the completed version yet. (I've since been delaying so it can be optimized/updated)
  • vuatsonvuatson Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251649Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    Last I knew, warpers calmed down after the cure. My Ssd crashed shortly after the v1.0 release, so I haven't played the completed version yet. (I've since been delaying so it can be optimized/updated)

I don’t think they do - at least, I’m pretty certain one targeted me when i was poking around the mountains trying to find where the baby Emperors had gone. Though I hadn’t finished the rocket yet, so maybe that was it?
  • RunningBareRunningBare Join Date: 2019-02-09 Member: 250690Members
    Nearly all the mods I want are already on the Nexus for Subnautica, some have already been ported to Below Zero, they're mostly QoL mods, one of the better ones is the map, which is conspicuously absent in vanilla Below Zero, I find this odd considering Alterra have bases setup but they've not mapped the area?

If nothing like it appears in the vanilla Below Zero, I'd like a surface craft, a ship that you can launch explorations from that also serves as a base, of course whoever mods this in, should also make it expensive to construct, and gets damage from severe weather, meaning you have to repair it.

A leveling indicator for the Seatruck would be nice, hopefully that will be in the vanilla game though.

I cannot think of much else, it's too early in development to see what's missing.

• Grignard_SNGrignard_SN U.S.A. Join Date: 2018-12-10 Member: 245433Members
    I'm curious if it is possible to create a mod that would make use of more materials, perhaps even from other mods like MoreIngots.
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    edited April 2019
    I would like to see an energy/crafting/survival needs rebalance mod. All of these things are so out of whack that it shatters immersion for me.

I've written lengthy posts on this before so I'll try to keep it short, but in a nutshell I would like to see things balanced to be more realistic and logical, making some parts of the game easier (longer dive times with oxygen tanks, fresh water is much easier to get, survival needs don't drop so fast and food restores more, slower overall time progression, bed in lifepod and cot for early base to skip time easily, some things use MUCH less energy like vehicle sonar, nuclear power as a true endgame power source, able to mine large resource deposits much sooner and more resources in general), but others more difficult (base modules and vehicles cost a LOT more resources and energy, oxygen production uses energy and isn't free, solar only works on the surface, thermal is heavily nerfed, plants grow and fish breed much more slowly).

Would also like to see a few realism tweaks like having small vehicles manufactured at the moonpool and tweaked resource costs for some recipes (like using lead instead of copper for basic batteries, and having a lithium ion battery upgrade, making nickel more widely available and used for advanced alloys, more uses for endgame resources that are barely used in game). Pretty much rebalance the resource costs and availability so I'm not consistently drowning in some resources and starving for others all the time, and remove random resource drops from outcrops so I can harvest what I actually need. Also maybe make it so the habitat builder uses prefab materials (like panels and such) crafted from raw materials in the fabricator (always felt off that this tiny little tool could magically assemble giant base sections from raw materials with minimal energy) and vastly increase vehicle and locker storage upgrade capacity to be at least the same size as the player inventory.

A lot of the QoL mods like the map and moonpool vehicle repair already exist so no need to request those.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited April 2019
    Everyone's already had a look through my categorized list of the Subnautica NexusMods, right?
  • vuatsonvuatson Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251649Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Everyone's already had a look through my categorized list of the Subnautica NexusMods, right?
    yeah! I went through that thread before I made this thread, looking for a cuddlefish naming mod.