Below Zero - No more glass corridors?

RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
As the title says, the Glass Corridor base components don't seem to be present (not even with Unlock All command). Were they being planned to be phased out of the expansion or are they just "not present yet"?

They didn't offer much practically, but they were great for aesthetics - and just sticking windows onto the side of a corridor doesn't nearly create the same effect.

Comments

• JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    um what do you mean? :#
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    If they're not in already I'm sure they'll be added in a future update. There seem to be a lot of things missing from base game that just haven't been carried over yet. I don't see why they'd take out glass corridors so I'd assume that they're coming back.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited March 2019
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    If they're not in already I'm sure they'll be added in a future update. There seem to be a lot of things missing from base game that just haven't been carried over yet. I don't see why they'd take out glass corridors so I'd assume that they're coming back.

Hopefully yeah, since I liked making them for aesthetics. ^^

um what do you mean? :#

I mean exactly what I said: You can't make Glass Corridors in Below Zero and the recipe isn't available even with the unlockall command.
  • darrindarrin Frankfurt; Germany Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250965Members
    edited March 2019
    To assume that they simply 'forgot' to add them doesn't seem logical. They kept the Seamoth, the Cyclops and other stuff in the game that might not be in the final release.

My hope is that they want to overhaul the look. But I guess it's way more likely that a) it didn't work well with the option to change the color of your base (control room (creative mode only)) ot b) temperature is gonna be really important in the final release and glass corridors won't make much sense.

I for one didn't like the fact that the straight glass corridors would have a transparent ceiling but the angled corridors wouldn't. It would make more sense if they'd share the same concept: Either 'full glass' OR 'borderless windows'.
    darrin wrote: »
    To assume that they simply 'forgot' to add them doesn't seem logical. They kept the Seamoth, the Cyclops and other stuff in the game that might not be in the final release.

My hope is that they want to overhaul the look. But I guess it's way more likely that a) it didn't work well with the option to change the color of your base (control room (creative mode only)) ot b) temperature is gonna be really important in the final release and glass corridors won't make much sense.

I for one didn't like the fact that the straight glass corridors would have a transparent ceiling but the angled corridors wouldn't. It would make more sense if they'd share the same concept: Either 'full glass' OR 'borderless windows'.

Yeah a LOT of things from the base game were and are still there. The Neptune Rocket, etc. So it's probably an intentional removal and that's a bit disappointing. There's a base-coloring mod for the original SA and while I haven't used it I'd assume that if it works fine there then surely a team of professionals could get the same thing to work here?

If it's "Because temperature" I still don't see the point, since nothing's stopping us from sticking glass windows onto every available wall panel on our base - if they're going to pull a glass component for that reason, they should disallow putting glass walls onto every possible panel as well.

Unless they're only pulling them temporarily (Like some issue came up and they didn't want folks messing with it in the meantime) then I'm currently not seeing any logical reason for a removal beyond "Because we decided we don't like it" - in which case they're just not coming back.

And yeah, the curved corridor not having the glass top seemed a little odd to me xD
    As a little side-note, turns out you can get these by using the unlock command for them specifically. I didn't see them when using unlockall when I made this thread, so either unlockall isn't unlocking them for whatever reason, or they were added back in since then.

Either way *basecorridorglassi* gets the Glass Corridor back :)
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    unlockallbuildables

is the command you need to use. Certain things in the Habitat Builder won't unlock with the plain old
    unlockall

command