Lost Pengling?

JakobWulfkindJakobWulfkind Montana, US Join Date: 2019-02-28 Member: 251401Members
So I was playing a few days ago and I wound up finding a pengling wandering around one of my bases. I'm pretty sure it was a glitch, and it vanished after a few minutes, but I really liked having it -- perhaps a subplot in which a group of pengwings is killed by an ice worm, leaving only one pengling to "adopt" would be a good thing to add? It would definitely be a good opportunity to have some conflict with Alan (he'd probably suggest eating it) and would give some easy emotional investment to the player.

Comments

• AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    It would definitely be a good opportunity to have some conflict with Alan (he'd probably suggest eating it).

Lol

yes, that would be a good idea. And Robin does seem to argue with Alan doesn't she, hahahah!!
  • BoffBoff Sweden Join Date: 2018-08-12 Member: 242804Members
  • lordpuglordpug UK Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251655Members
    isn't that like the cuddlefish.
    #cuddleficsh 2.0
  • BoffBoff Sweden Join Date: 2018-08-12 Member: 242804Members
    edited March 2019
    What about the Fish-symbiote, they are aggressive attackers?
    I released some as I collected resources and needed to free up some inventory.
    And sure they attacked me....eventually....but not after they went after the big predator near-by.

Not as cuddly as a cuddle-fish, but since they are symbiotic creatures.

A modification to your air-tanks (sea-truck/prawn suit) could allow them to "steal air" but act as a living shield against predators.

It does make sense story wise making a pet of anything.

Robins own character has a passion to communicate, befriend misunderstood "monsters" and create relationships,
    surely this story angle could be swung at any creature the devs want to make as an Ally NPC or unlock gated areas that are guarded by Creatures.
    Altering some gameplay to puzzle solving, and not "gate" progress by fabricated blue-prints and resource collection to print the required "key" to unlock the next section.
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    CUDDLE FISH FOR LIFE, but a baby penguin would be the same
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Boff wrote: »
    What about the Fish-symbiote, they are aggressive attackers?
    I released some as I collected resources and needed to free up some inventory.
    And sure they attacked me....eventually....but not after they went after the big predator near-by.

Not as cuddly as a cuddle-fish, but since they are symbiotic creatures.

A modification to your air-tanks (sea-truck/prawn suit) could allow them to "steal air" but act as a living shield against predators.

It does make sense story wise making a pet of anything.

Robins own character has a passion to communicate, befriend misunderstood "monsters" and create relationships,
    surely this story angle could be swung at any creature the devs want to make as an Ally NPC or unlock gated areas that are guarded by Creatures.
    Altering some gameplay to puzzle solving, and not "gate" progress by fabricated blue-prints and resource collection to print the required "key" to unlock the next section.

mighty fine idea my guy.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    So I was playing a few days ago and I wound up finding a pengling wandering around one of my bases. I'm pretty sure it was a glitch, and it vanished after a few minutes, but I really liked having it -- perhaps a subplot in which a group of pengwings is killed by an ice worm, leaving only one pengling to "adopt" would be a good thing to add? It would definitely be a good opportunity to have some conflict with Alan (he'd probably suggest eating it) and would give some easy emotional investment to the player.

So virtually an adoptable baby pengwing?

Love that idea. Adds a new little character for you to care for, as well as (like you mentioned) abilities to add more dialogue and chatter between characters, including Robin and Al-an. On top of that, it's a baby pengwing. You just can't say no to that. At all.

So virtually an adoptable baby pengwing?

Love that idea. Adds a new little character for you to care for, as well as (like you mentioned) abilities to add more dialogue and chatter between characters, including Robin and Al-an. On top of that, it's a baby pengwing. You just can't say no to that. At all.

Omg, i know. Just too cute to refuse! Hahahah! :D
  • RunningBareRunningBare Join Date: 2019-02-09 Member: 250690Members

I don't know how the game mechanics work, but I took two penglings to my base, released them just outside the hatch, I fed them the fish I had in my inventory, and when I left the area for some exploration, on return, they'd still be swimming around the base area.