Ideas For Subnautica Below Zero

Comments

• TonttemanTontteman Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250970Members
    Yes multi-purpose room that is shaped like moon pool should be easy to make and you could possibly fit 2 reactors in it.

And option to putt windows to the ceiling, maybe they could have support bars so they wold look like biodome seiling.
  • TonttemanTontteman Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250970Members
    eggs that need hot hatching conditions like volcanic heat source, and option to build mini volcano or something like that in to aquarium :smile:
  • treeofgreentreeofgreen California Join Date: 2019-02-13 Member: 250913Members
    Tontteman wrote: »
    Yes multi-purpose room that is shaped like moon pool should be easy to make and you could possibly fit 2 reactors in it.

And option to putt windows to the ceiling, maybe they could have support bars so they wold look like biodome seiling.

I have definitely wanted ceiling/floor windows for my multi purpose rooms. I would also love to be able to attach vertical connectors to multipurpose rooms.

• chef_chef_ Join Date: 2019-02-02 Member: 250153Members
    Configurable Grav-Trap. Select what kind or kinds of fish you want it to trap.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited February 2019
    littleking wrote: »
    If the "Atlas" sub is going to be included in a game, I have some ideas for it

We're not even gonna have the Cyclops in Below Zero I'm afraid. Instead, we're being given a modular vehicle called the Sea Truck - on its own, its small and speedy like the Seamoth, but you can build extra modules (Like an aquarium, and I saw a Favro card for a "Jukebox" module) and attach it. Gives it more functionality at the cost of mobility.
  • BigGingeBigGinge London Join Date: 2019-02-25 Member: 251319Members
    Hi All,
    Love Subnautica and Below Zero but one thing that kinda bothers me about the story is the lack of a compass ; I just don't think it makes sense as a blueprint or something you have to find. Hear me out , a compass is one of the simplest devices you can make with basic skills ; but beyond that would you really have a fancy suit with a HUD and a PDA but no compass? even bear bones its pretty basic. I get that it fits with the survival "theme" but its such a basic thing way more useful than a depth gauge surely? I know Alterra are tight but no compass?

It seems particularly odd that the first wreckage you see is grav-traps and Sea-glides because of course those are nice to haves and make eating and exploration easier; but not a compass?

On another level I don't think its in anyway game breaking to give the player a compass just straight off it makes exploration more rewarding and encourages you to wander off; plus it makes remembering where things are so much easier.

Im old school and in this age of GPS and google maps maybe people dont think like that anymore, maybe its just me...
  • BigGingeBigGinge London Join Date: 2019-02-25 Member: 251319Members
    Ambient noise!

The setting of Below Zero reminds me an awful lot of a place in Iceland "The iceberg lake" (thats not its icelandic name) seriously its uncanny. BUT one thing is absent, ambient sounds and i think they would enhance the game hugely.

The two sounds I recall most vividly from Iceberg lake in iceland are the wind and the Ominous "crack" and "splash" as new bergs broke off of the Glacier.

• HermitHermit Russia, SPb Join Date: 2019-02-25 Member: 251321Members
    map. with "fog" and autoplot discovered areas.
  • ZynnHavikZynnHavik Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237587Members
    I know it is a reach, but I'd like to build alien teleporters in my base/bases. With an alien Ai helping I think it could be feasible to jump from base to base in different Biomes with their technology.
  • darrindarrin Frankfurt; Germany Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250965Members
    ZynnHavik wrote: »
    I know it is a reach, but I'd like to build alien teleporters in my base/bases. With an alien Ai helping I think it could be feasible to jump from base to base in different Biomes with their technology.
    You can already do that... at least if you've chosen the creative mode.

• ZynnHavikZynnHavik Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237587Members
    darrin wrote: »

Oh, well that is cool. I really only play on hardcore though, so that is not fair QQ lol
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    darrin wrote: »

Oh, well that is cool. I really only play on hardcore though, so that is not fair QQ lol

What's worse is last I checked the Base Teleporters are on the "Cut Candidate" list along with the Ice Dragon. So they might get axed out of the game at some point :/
  • Verona_miraVerona_mira Germany Join Date: 2019-02-27 Member: 251384Members
    I would like a cooking system as well, like making nutrient blocks or something similar.

And what I would really love to have (if we can't get a map), would be an in-basis beacon. Like the radio put onto the wall in the first game. And with its own smybol.
  • ErnieWErnieW tonasket WA Join Date: 2015-07-13 Member: 206134Members
    another lovely looking game. a bit on the clear side for the nutrient rich arctic however. so here i go again trying to get the small things put in a game. jelly fish kinda things, krill kinda things, you know all those things that are the foundations of an ecosystem. this is supposed to be the arctic part of a vast ocean and this would be where the mixing happens, if you could see 3 meters in front of you, you would be lucky.

also i would suggest that there be periodic event things (kinda like the herring spawn season) that suddenly cloud's the water up more than normal.

anyways i just got the game and have so far enjoyed a bit of exploring. and i love the ability to ride the glow whales that really put a new twist in the game.

hmm is the bio engineering idea from subnautica going to be used in this one along side the manufacturing machinery stuff?
  • dtobidtobi Join Date: 2019-03-02 Member: 251475Members
    For me VR would be an absolute must feature. I have spent countless hours in subnautica in VR and it was just great. I cannot go back to the flat version. So below zero will only be a buy for me if it has VR.

It doesn't have to be any better than what was in subnautica. Using the controller was just fine. Of course touch controller support and other input methods would be better but a VR mode without these methods is far better than no VR at all.

I don't care a lot about the other features if it means going back to the flat screen.

I know this sounds very simple minded but for me VR is THE feature. If you (the devs) could change your mind about VR support I would instantly buy the game.
  • RuinsageRuinsage Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250762Members
    Change the sea truck storage module so it's not 5 small closets, but a single large one instead. Even better, make it increase vehicle-wide storage, like the storage module with the prawn.
  • BluRexBluRex Alexandria, Egypt Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251647Members
    Make it possible to befriend a Titan Holefish who can follow you around and occasionally provide you with oxygen.
  • lordpuglordpug UK Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251655Members
  • InsanebtblocksInsanebtblocks Join Date: 2019-03-12 Member: 251695Members
    You should add a multiplayer option
    1gu6wdf04fer.jpg
    here is a vehicle design I hope to be implemented to the game and yes I have thought of modules, depth, and other details but other than that, I am happy with what the developers have done.
    eslsv4ild01n.png
    here is another vehicle I have designed and also thought of ideas for. it is called 'The Manta Ray '

I agree because you have to use mods to be able to do that and it would be nice if it is in the game
  • scribelordscribelord Join Date: 2019-03-12 Member: 251698Members
    edited March 2019
    they should add a large tarantula like creature in above/below water areas i would personally call it the ice spider but if they ever see this idea and decide to use it then im sure they could come up with better

mechanically they could create webbing that could stop player/snow fox movement until destroyed and slow down prawnsuits. they could hunt snow stalkers or maybe even make them similar to the lava lizards with ice covering parts of their body that you have to break away to hurt it and maybe the webbings could be similar to the bloom plankton that got scrapped where you have to use your flashlight to see them

in my head they could be in the large predator range like the crabsquids not as tall but longer and there only predators would be the ice worms

design wise they could have 8 legs with the legs being webbed similar to things like the chelicerate with 6 black beady eyes and white fur covering the body to help them camouflage into the ice biomes they live in and generally live in ice caves but will wander out into the open when food is scarce.

tell me what you guys think and if the developers do see this they can use my idea in the game if they want

an addition since the original is there legs can be hooked like scythes so it can fire ice shards off its back similarly to real life tarantulas and how they can flick off hair at attackers but this ability can only be done in its ice armor mode and the payoff to going into the ice spiders biomes would be really rare material you would have trouble finding in other areas becomes common
  • AxelGoldAxelGold Join Date: 2019-03-12 Member: 251699Members
    I would love to see RC (Water, Under Water, Land, Air) Drones in Subnautica B.Z. that you could upgrade and customize.
    like upgrading their speed, range and, depth. Just the Idea of hiding my sea truck in a corner then deploying a drone to scan or take pictures of a leviathan class creature gets me excited.

though I would like to customize the look of the drone and be able to add and take upgrades off a drone to replace them with something else like a flashlight, a drill... and other cool stuff.
    AxelGold wrote: »
    I would love to see RC (Water, Under Water, Land, Air) Drones in Subnautica B.Z. that you could upgrade and customize.
    like upgrading their speed, range and, depth. Just the Idea of hiding my sea truck in a corner then deploying a drone to scan or take pictures of a leviathan class creature gets me excited.

though I would like to customize the look of the drone and be able to add and take upgrades off a drone to replace them with something else like a flashlight, a drill... and other cool stuff.

isn't that like the drones from the scanner room ;)
  • Earlord_64Earlord_64 Join Date: 2019-02-21 Member: 251206Members
    Add a small island that if you go under turns out to be a reef back like creature
    Make a vehicle that's a extremely fast water skimmer meaning it flies along the top the water and then goes a little bit slower and it has less durability
    Make a weapon that's a trivial spear that you make with a titanium rod and then use Creep vine to bind stalker teeth to
    bi0rbdbq5ddf.png
    9kgjzjgd772g.png
    wfot2uc2xwg9.png
    i have created 3D models of the ' The Water Bat '
  • scribelordscribelord Join Date: 2019-03-12 Member: 251698Members
    lordpug wrote: »

I agree because you have to use mods to be able to do that and it would be nice if it is in the game

especially since storywise it can work far better now