PC Game won't start, crashes directly to desktop

Jimbo514Jimbo514 Join Date: 2019-02-24 Member: 251291Members
Hello, I've been dealing with an issue that is making the game utterly unplayable. Basically, I click the icon to start the game, and I immediately get a notice that the game has crashed and I can find a report. I've checked and my drivers are up to date, and I don't really have an idea of where I can go to find a solution. I have been able to play the game previously and managed to get about 10 hours in. I've also completely deleted the game and reinstalled it, but the issue continues. Note: this is the Epic version of the game. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Until more help comes long, make sure you don't have citrix workstation, and disable any unneeded background programs, especially afterburner.
  • Jimbo514Jimbo514 Join Date: 2019-02-24 Member: 251291Members
    Yup, Citrix was the problem. Unfortunately, I need it for my job so I guess I've got to maintain a balancing act. Either way, thanks for the tip!
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Fortunately, the developers are aware of the issue. That's one major hurdle, but no idea how difficult a fix will be.