GAME IS TOTALLY BORKED!

RitaMarinerRitaMariner Missouri Join Date: 2018-12-21 Member: 246577Members
I have 2 saved games with almost 11 hours played on each, but as of now. they no longer work. Logging in, Textures don't load properly, Save Game doesn't function, Feedback doesn't function, what textures I do see are all phantoms, I am unable to interact with them. To check to see if it was just limited to the 2 saved games, I started a 3rd game and have 30 minutes in it and the same issues have now affected it. I like this game, but I can no longer play it. What am I suppose to do?

Comments

• WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
    That sucks man. I think the devs are more concerned about the expansion right now but hopefully they will come back to bug fix the original once done. Sorry I dont have a solution for you. Are you on PC?
  • StardustStardust Australia Join Date: 2019-02-16 Member: 250981Members
    my game crashes out after 5 min of playing, ive lowered all the settings, but it still crashes. getting rather annoyed at it
  • RundasRundas Werkendam Join Date: 2019-02-16 Member: 250993Members
    I have an even worse problem, my entire world is bugged. only the creatures and my habitat loads in, I can pass right through walls and the floor and it sucks.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited February 2019
  • JimTheElderJimTheElder Join Date: 2019-02-24 Member: 251281Members
    Hi,

can't open a new topic yet, so I'll report my issue here.

The game worked well for me until I had a substantial FPS drop: I have 65-75 FPS on a new game, 8-18 FPS when I load my old savegame.
    It is definitely related to the file global-object.bin because if I copy the file to a new save slot, the FPS drop there too.

I know that there are loads of items and the optimisation is not the best, but what left me puzzled is that when I start a new game I see my GPU working at about 90%, whilst when I load my old savegame the GPU only works at 30% , the FPS drop, but the game does not seem to try to use all available resources. This carries on until I delete all bases and vehicles that I created: at that point, the game starts using the GPU again and the FPS increase.

In other words it looks like there is something in the game that caps the usage of GPU resources. Clearing the cache did not solve the problem.

CPU: Intel I7 6700HQ
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Driver Version 419.17)
    RAM: 16GB
    Game Version: 61951
    Hi,

can't open a new topic yet, so I'll report my issue here.

The game worked well for me until I had a substantial FPS drop: I have 65-75 FPS on a new game, 8-18 FPS when I load my old savegame.
    It is definitely related to the file global-object.bin because if I copy the file to a new save slot, the FPS drop there too.

I know that there are loads of items and the optimisation is not the best, but what left me puzzled is that when I start a new game I see my GPU working at about 90%, whilst when I load my old savegame the GPU only works at 30% , the FPS drop, but the game does not seem to try to use all available resources. This carries on until I delete all bases and vehicles that I created: at that point, the game starts using the GPU again and the FPS increase.

In other words it looks like there is something in the game that caps the usage of GPU resources. Clearing the cache did not solve the problem.

CPU: Intel I7 6700HQ
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Driver Version 419.17)
    RAM: 16GB
    Game Version: 61951

@JimTheElder What about CPU usage (as opposed to GPU)? If your CPU is pegged at 100%, that'll do it (as CPU can't feed the GPU fast enough). Same bug, different angle, as nothing in the game should really be pegging the CPU.

Maybe zip up your saved game folder in case the devs want it? Instructions here if you need help with that. Upload to Google Drive, Dropbox, or another cloud service, and put the sharing link with a space after the colon, or in [code]linkgoeshere[/code] brackets since you can't post links yet:
    http://totallynotalink.com

@madsauce ^ Do you guys want his saved game?
  • JimTheElderJimTheElder Join Date: 2019-02-24 Member: 251281Members
    Hi,

I forgot to mention that, but it does not seems to be the reason: the CPU was always running between 40% and 60% and the RAM was always used up to 10gigs, so 6 still available. However this did not change following the removal of all structures and items, only the GPU usage increased. Reading from the hard drive was not a thing and I have a SSD.

The removal of all mods improved the situation of about 10FPS (18-24FPS in total) but I am positive that this is due to the high amount of objects that could not be loaded due to missing references (lockers and items within them). To get to the situation when the GPU is used I destoyed all vehicles and removed all structures and items.

Happy to provide the devs with the savegame, please drop a message here if needed.

Thanks!
    edited February 2019
    It's probably a lot of work, but if you could replicate your setup using a fresh saved game without mods enabled, that would probably be best as I'm not sure if mods might have an impact here. If you can do that, then we can rule out one mods being the problem (and indeed, you might be able to find out what structures or vehicles / vehicle modification modules are responsible).

To make it easier, just use the console command
    bobthebuilder

• TeranosssTeranosss Join Date: 2019-02-25 Member: 251313Members
    Its always a good idea to make sure all device drivers are up to date, and to validate any game files. Seems very probably that validating the files could fix the problem. If you are on steam right click the game in the steam client, click properties. In properties click the header labelled "Local Files" and under that should allow you to verify integrity of game files. Its possible to lose save data so create a back up before hand.
  • CamWtheDestroyerCamWtheDestroyer Join Date: 2019-04-27 Member: 252583Members
    So I also can't start a new topic, so I will put my bug here. This bug is far less of a problem, but it's still a problem.

I had just exited the lava castle with my cyclops, narrowly avoiding the sea dragon. Once I thought I was a safe distance away (at the north wall of the ILZ), I saved the game and closed subnautica. When I started my save file again, the sea dragon somehow spawned right in front of my cyclops. (I was facing the wall) I checked the hostile entity radar thing, and I didn't see anything for about half a second, until the sea dragon suddenly got launched up, backwards, and to the left. (from my point of view) I went back to my lost river base in the junction, and I could still hear the sea dragon roar, even though it should have been like 600m away through rock. I think it got launched through the ILZ ceiling. I tried reloading the save file, but I could still hear it. I have subnautica on PC.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20 GHz
    RAM: 7986 megabytes
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    GPU RAM: 4018 megabytes
    Threads: 12 logical processors
    Version: 61056
    Build Date: 9/29/2018 4:27:46 PM