Today's Discovered Bugs [Original Subnautica]

WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
edited February 2019 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
So, I am still playing the original Subnautica and still enjoying discovering new places. But unfortunately there are still quite a few bugs, I wont go into the ones ive mentioned before but today I discovered some more.

1. Magnetite that spawned 30m into a solid wall in the Active Lava Zone. I had to use the Dig console command to get it out. This is happening regularly now with metal salvage as well. It spawns into walls or under the ground or both.

2. Unable to access the scanner room upgrade panel while 'mousing over' it. The fabricator panel right beside it works as it should. I have also experienced this issue with standing at the controls of the Cyclops - sometimes the 'Pilot Cyclops' will not appear.

3. This one is a two fold bug. A Lava Lizard spawned into my Alien Containment in my ALZ base. As it didnt grow in there naturally, I didnt have the option to pick it up. It did however, interact with the peepers that were in there, by firing molten rocks at them and cooking them! So I was left with 4 dead peepers at the bottom of my tank (which are harder to replace down in the ALZ unless you carry a locker full of them) and a Lava Lizard that I can't get rid of.

I had to resort to downloading a mod called Custom Command (or something like that). This gave me the option to 'pick up' the Lava Lizard. I will now have to populate my alien containment again but what if another Lava Lizard spawns in my containment again and kills all the fish in there? Real pain in the butt bug.

4. Lastly, two fire extinguishers are appearing in my inventory every time I load my game. I can trace this back to taking and putting back a couple of the fire extinguishers in the Cyclops. So basically Im getting two free extinguishers every time I load my game, which at the end game stage is more of a pain tbh.

As much as I enjoy the game, these bugs really do take the fun away a bit. I reeallllyyy hope the devs don't forget to come back and leave the original game 'right'.

That's it for today. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
    Also - I faithfully report any bugs as I go, using the built in F8 bug reporting feature. Does anyone know if anyone actually even sees these reports? Obviously Below Zero is going to be the main priority at the moment, but does the system still work?
  • HalfEvilCoyoteHalfEvilCoyote Colorado Join Date: 2019-02-14 Member: 250919Members

4. Lastly, two fire extinguishers are appearing in my inventory every time I load my game. I can trace this back to taking and putting back a couple of the fire extinguishers in the Cyclops. So basically Im getting two free extinguishers every time I load my game, which at the end game stage is more of a pain tbh.

I had a similar thing happen to me, i had a fire in my Cyclops, grabbed the extinguisher put it out had 80% left on extinguisher. Hung it back on wall, left the sub, checked my inventory and I had an 80% extinguisher. I was confused so i went back to the sub and the extinguisher was still on the wall but now i had another and they both were 80% full. I threw the extra one in a locker and no more appeared.