Subnautica PS4 Update 1.07 Released - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica PS4 Update 1.07 Released - Subnautica

Good news, PlayStation subnauts! Update 1.07 has been released. We’ve been working hard to address one of the most painful issues for PlayStation players: Crashes caused by Subnautica sucking up...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread ?
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    Great to see an update to the game, especially on the most salient problems of the PS4 version. I did a quick trip around the most complex areas - it seems the "terrain not loading" issue is not totally fixed (which may be expected considering the changelog). The most likely area for me to trigger it is the grand reef caves.
  • NanocrystalNanocrystal Join Date: 2019-02-03 Member: 250242Members
    Really glad to see you guys are still working on improving the PS4 version. Absolutely LOVE the game but the crash-on-save bug was really spoiling it. Hoping this patch helps... will reinstall and give it a go.
  • kurt4274kurt4274 Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250967Members
    Fingers crossed the Seamoth upgrades stay intact now.
  • boby_goneboby_gone 302 south b st Join Date: 2019-02-19 Member: 251093Members
    edited February 2019
    make subnautica multiplayer by making the escape pod that you fly away on bigger and having more seats. peoples friends could also have their own pod like 20 meters away from yours. this would make the game fun with friends.
  • XionWarriorXionWarrior Join Date: 2019-02-19 Member: 251100Members
    The customization colors for vehicles are all wrong, unless it's the stripe colors are weird and faded.

I've only encountered this on Playstation
  • aztynaztyn Join Date: 2019-02-19 Member: 251103Members
    Idk if anyone elae has had this issue but falling through the world after leaving a portal has happened to me twice now in the end area. Same portal on the return trip both times kinda gave up after the second time.
  • Alex746Alex746 Join Date: 2019-02-19 Member: 251105Members
    I don't know if you can do it but if you could add comands to PS4 it would be awsome because sometimes it would be nice to spawn items or turn damage off or something like that. :)
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    kurt4274 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed the Seamoth upgrades stay intact now.

We're looking into Seamoth upgrades issue, so I'm sorry to say it will most likely not be improved in this version.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    The customization colors for vehicles are all wrong, unless it's the stripe colors are weird and faded.

There is a slider on the far right that you can change with the right stick IIRC, it defaults to a very faded color but if you use the d-pad/left stick to select the slider on the far right you should be able to slide it up to more vibrant colors. Let me know if that fixes the issue for you.
    aztyn wrote: »
    Idk if anyone elae has had this issue but falling through the world after leaving a portal has happened to me twice now in the end area. Same portal on the return trip both times kinda gave up after the second time.

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue, but I've heard of others running into this problem. Can you let me know:
    • Which portal are you going through when this happens?(nearest landmark is fine)
    • Are you playing on a base PS4 or a PS4 Pro?
    • Are you in a PRAWN when this happens or another vehicle?
  • aztynaztyn Join Date: 2019-02-19 Member: 251103Members
    edited February 2019
    madsauce wrote: »

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue, but I've heard of others running into this problem. Can you let me know:
    • Which portal are you going through when this happens?(nearest landmark is fine)
    • Are you playing on a base PS4 or a PS4 Pro?
    • Are you in a PRAWN when this happens or another vehicle?

Not in a prawn or anything else and the lost river/containment portal when returning to the facility. Also base 500gb ps4
    edited February 2019
    Yes indeed, the Lost River to PCF teleporter is quite likely to trigger the issue... I encountered it three times on the PS4 Pro, without being into the PRAWN. Nevertheless, reading these forums and the steam forums, I do believe it’s a cross-platform issue. For instance, see this post or this post. Maybe it is more likely to occur on PS4 hardware.
  • VladamierVladamier Join Date: 2018-12-29 Member: 247478Members
    I don't know about this new version, but the game still gives the databank entry for the thermometer, but it is not craftable any where in the game.
  • yut7404yut7404 Join Date: 2019-02-20 Member: 251130Members
    edited February 2019
    I play on PS4 in Japan.
    After updating to ver1.0.7, subtitles in Japanese are no longer displayed.
    Is this a bug? Or is it due to specification change?

I am waiting for an answer.
    Thank you.
  • kurt4274kurt4274 Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250967Members
    edited February 2019
    PS4 User - I will say I have only experienced one crash since the update, which is an improvement. I crashed after quitting and loading last save later. After closing and reloading the save was loaded fine. I haven't bothered testing the Seamoth upgrade issue and won't until I hear we're good to go on that front.
  • Randini509Randini509 Join Date: 2019-02-20 Member: 251160Members
    edited February 2019
    I have no option to download an update. I'm still stuck with 1.06... Is the update not up for ps4 yet?
  • sinner_revansinner_revan Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245567Members
    The game seems to run smoother after the update. Still noticing some areas where the terrain doesn't load fully
    yut7404 wrote: »
    I play on PS4 in Japan.

Thank you.

This should not have changed, I'll look into what could be happening.
    Randini509 wrote: »
    I have no option to download an update. I'm still stuck with 1.06... Is the update not up for PS4 yet?

It should be available everywhere on PS4 by now. Which region are you in? I've had to restart my PS4 at home to get updates in the past when they weren't showing up, can you try a restart and let me know if you're still having issue?
    yut7404 wrote: »
    I play on PS4 in Japan.

Thank you.

This should not have changed, I'll look into what could be happening.

Hello all, I've identified the issue causing Japanese and Korean language to no longer show up. We've got a fix in the works and will be working on getting this build out ASAP. Our apologies for the trouble this is causing.
  • Randini509Randini509 Join Date: 2019-02-20 Member: 251160Members
    Randini509 wrote: »
    I have no option to download an update. I'm still stuck with 1.06... Is the update not up for PS4 yet?

It should be available everywhere on PS4 by now. Which region are you in? I've had to restart my PS4 at home to get updates in the past when they weren't showing up, can you try a restart and let me know if you're still having issue?

I did that, and I updated! Thank you
  • HalfEvilCoyoteHalfEvilCoyote Colorado Join Date: 2019-02-14 Member: 250919Members
    Vladamier wrote: »
    I don't know about this new version, but the game still gives the databank entry for the thermometer, but it is not craftable any where in the game.

I have tried to bring up the same issue among others....

not a single response...

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/155583/current-bug-list-for-ps4-console-release-of-subnautica#latest

• HalfEvilCoyoteHalfEvilCoyote Colorado Join Date: 2019-02-14 Member: 250919Members

Sometimes when i load the game My Prawn Suit and or Seamoth will change colors, sometimes complete pitch black, when i get in them the color seems to immediately change back to normal. So it dont seem permanent at least the color changes i have seen...

not a single response...

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/155583/current-bug-list-for-ps4-console-release-of-subnautica#latest

Sorry about that, I have not had a chance to look it over yet. I'll be taking a look at that tonight/tomorrow morning to see what we might be missing. Thank you for taking the time to write those out.

Sometimes when i load the game My Prawn Suit and or Seamoth will change colors, sometimes complete pitch black, when i get in them the color seems to immediately change back to normal. So it dont seem permanent at least the color changes i have seen...

Apologize this was the post I was trying to quote, and respond too.

not a single response...

Sorry about that, I have not had a chance to look it over yet. I'll be taking a look at that tonight/tomorrow morning to see what we might be missing. Thank you for taking the time to write those out.

That would be appreciated, sending in game feedback had no effect.
  • senjuroosenjuroo chicago Join Date: 2019-02-02 Member: 250104Members
    i play below zero on PC i wanna know when is the next update guys plzz.. also i have a big problem i put some quest items in the rocket (cargo) i put 2 out of 3 quest items that was aking then i log out and i loged back in and the items gone... i cant find em again in game...
    It seems patch 1.08 is going to be pushed soon on PS4. See here.
  • BQuimbyBQuimby Join Date: 2019-02-26 Member: 251353Members
    edited February 2019
    Terrain not loading/rendering is a big issue - it seems the terrain is still "there", since vehicles/cameras take damage when intersecting with the position where the terrain *should* be visible, and it's very annoying/disorienting.

Also, scanning for resources often returns false positives where the HUD reticle indicates the position of a scanned-for resource but on arrival at that position there's nothing there - note that these false positives are NOT resources that are behind terrain features or in a cave below the player position. From research, this seems like an old, old bug on the PC version, so apologies if this is already well-known on PS4 also.

(Oh, and can we *please* have PS4 console commands? Just asking for a friend, you understand... :) )