Subnautica Below Zero Ideas

Comments

• Egor179Egor179 Join Date: 2017-09-30 Member: 233321Members
    I think it is possible to receive interesting result if to activate the moment where fills up base with snow when you already went down on ice and go to climb up to a ladder.
  • JimMcMasterJimMcMaster Alaska Join Date: 2019-01-31 Member: 249937Members
    Higher & more "realistic" material needs that facilitate end-game harvesting of deeper resources. As well as that more accurately reflect possible build routines to extend playtime as alternate options for gameplay. (For instance, in my Subnautica game? I need one Titanium, one Quartz, one Lead, one Copper, & one Acid mushroom to create a battery. My solar panels? They require 'two glass, two silver, one gold & two titanium'... )

Changes like this make for longer & more immersive gameplay with a "reason" to be harvesting at least some of those lovely endgame nodes you find. Instead of looking at them in passing thinking "Oh, well that's great, but I only ever needed three of those to make every upgrade they are a part of in all known recipes."

I understand this sort of gameplay isn't for everyone. But for me it forces exploration & a sense of need when it comes to resources.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    YeahJustHi wrote: »
    A good addition to the game I think would be a new weapon/tool that pushes small-medium sized creatures away from the player, for example, a bone shark getting pushed away and a artic peeper getting pushed away but doing the same thing to a Shadow Leviathan would have no effect.

Is that not similar to what the propulsion canon does?
  • DarthCologneDarthCologne Join Date: 2018-05-06 Member: 240579Members
    Now a big sucker, similar to the smaller one, but this one travels alone, will attack your cyclops and base to gain energy, and is relatively slow.

I was thinking something more deadly to a player, almost like a smaller reaper, less like the lava larvae. I also think it would make sense if it was really aggressive because instead of a leviathan where you are more of a snack, to this thing you are a full course meal.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Now a big sucker, similar to the smaller one, but this one travels alone, will attack your cyclops and base to gain energy, and is relatively slow.

I was thinking something more deadly to a player, almost like a smaller reaper, less like the lava larvae. I also think it would make sense if it was really aggressive because instead of a leviathan where you are more of a snack, to this thing you are a full course meal.

Ok, but a small reaper would be more of a baby- Wait that would be a good idea, baby leviathans.
    edited February 2019

Ok, but a small reaper would be more of a baby- Wait that would be a good idea, baby leviathans.

Um, of course I'm discluding the empress and emperor babies.
    edited February 2019
    Just thought of something:

PRAWN arm capabilities:
    When you use the drill arm on a rock wall, stones fall, cracks form, larger rocks sink faster, and eventually you can make yourself a mine.

Rock ideas:
    Instead of just having outcrops and large chunks of rock, why not have vanes of rock exposed and hidden within the rock, this would fit the previous idea as you'd actually have something to look for inside the mine you might create.
    Findable rock vanes:
    Titanium, nickel, ruby, urinate, crystalline, copper, lead, gold, and everything else except diamond, which has to be found in hot compact areas.
  • layzorclayzorc Join Date: 2011-06-18 Member: 105198Members
    edited February 2019
    Idea for Subnautica Below Zero

In Subnautica, we have the ThermoKnife, which is often used to cook fish, allowing us to eat it right away. What if we had a knife that could freeze the fish so that it would last longer, maybe 1 hour or even more, considering that the fish usually takes some time to go bad.

Fishes are often forgotten in our inventory or storage. By the time we find them, they have already gone bad. The "Frostknife" would prevent unnecessary killings and waste. I believe this is a great Idea and I would love to see it implemented in Below Zero.

What do you guys think?

Like a cold knife through butter? Why not make a portable freezer storage container? Oh wait you are already in a frozen climate...
  • PalanovaPalanova Join Date: 2019-02-03 Member: 250260Members
    YeahJustHi wrote: »
    A good addition to the game I think would be a new weapon/tool that pushes small-medium sized creatures away from the player, for example, a bone shark getting pushed away and a artic peeper getting pushed away but doing the same thing to a Shadow Leviathan would have no effect.

Is that not similar to what the propulsion canon does?

I agree the realistic raw material requerments, but I am no fan of playing a miner/cavedweller/heavyindustry worker simulation, instead of what the game originali intended: exploration game.
    Maybe more different material, but stay on the same 2-3 depth of upgrading. I don't want to farm 123 piece of titanium to get 1 titantium ingot, and I don't want to farm 123 titanium ingot to get 1 plasteel, and I don't want to farm 123 plasteel ingot to get a Cyclops body...
  • EggnogEggnog Join Date: 2019-02-08 Member: 250618Members
    I think an octopus creature or an axolotl would be cool to see.
  • webmasterblastwebmasterblast tbd Join Date: 2019-02-06 Member: 250497Members
    I would appreciate a Sonar Map upgrade for the submarine, when activated it 3D-maps the topography in the area and if you explore more the map grows bigger and bigger and you can use a “flash drive” or something to extract the map so you can view it on your HUD. I found myself getting like really lost in the area above the inactive lava zone. And I would have killed for a self made map.
    Allow ALAN to uploaded in to the vehicle you are currently in allowing him to give accurate data about surrounding organisms (like warnings for leviathans) also he could deploy the countermeasures installed in late game. Ofc it would be no fun if you don’t get jumped out of nowhere by a reaper leviathan so he doesn’t function when the engine is off and when silent mode is on.
    Just thought of something:

PRAWN arm capabilities:
    When you use the drill arm on a rock wall, stones fall, cracks form, larger rocks sink faster, and eventually you can make yourself a mine.

Rock ideas:
    Instead of just having outcrops and large chunks of rock, why not have vanes of rock exposed and hidden within the rock, this would fit the previous idea as you'd actually have something to look for inside the mine you might create.
    Findable rock vanes:
    Titanium, nickel, ruby, urinate, crystalline, copper, lead, gold, and everything else except diamond, which has to be found in hot compact areas.

I like the idea of having minable veins of rocks but I like the mining system now too.

Perhaps they could instead place the current rock textures on to the surface they would sit on. Like instead of seeing a glaring bump completely out of place, it’s a small sheet of rock that is flush with the surrounding rock.
    TL:DR- The ability to build a large modular alien enclosure.

The purpose of this enclosure is for Sam to be able to study aliens in an convenient. containment system.

I would like the ability to use the habitat builder to build a large modular enclosure for aliens. Some ideas about the types of rooms:
    "Hatchery"- this will be a room where you can incubate and hatch eggs of all shapes and sizes (including leviathans provided you have a leviathan habitat module)
    "Upgrade Room" - a room where you can apply upgrades such as a biome changer which modifies the biome inside the selected Enclosure room.
    "Nuclear Fission Reactor Room"- requires uraninite cells, generates barely enough power to power a Leviathan enclosure room.
    "Nuclear Fusion Reactor Room"- requires no fuel and will generate 4x what the nuclear fission reactor generates.
    "Small Enclosure Room"- no smaller than the current alien habitat only compatible with small Fauna and Flora.
    "Medium Enclosure Room"- about the size of 8-16 multi-purpose rooms compatible with medium and small Flora and Fauna.
    "Large Enclosure Room"- is very large will be the 3/4 the size of the Sea Emporer's room but half the height, compatible with small, medium, and large aliens.
    "Leviathan Enclosre Room"- Warning: if Enclosure loses power Leviathan(s) will escape. 1.5x Sea Emporer's room and 3/4 the height. Compatible with 2 Leviathans if you try to hatch a 3rd they will murder it, it is also compatible with small, medium and large alien species. The Leviathans are contained by gravity generators lining the walls of the enclosure causing them to be pushed away from the wall if they try to escape. Suggested upgrade- active noise canceling (other leviathans will attack the enclosure if they hear the calls of the enclosed leviathans) which will muffle the sounds of the leviathans to the outside world.
  • kolukakoluka Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250360Members
    Good day! I apologize for my English, I write through Google translator. What development of the game I would like to see:
    1 hardcore mod: increase resource costs at least 2-3 times, the construction of a large room of pieces the size of a fist - not serious...
    2 Introduce weekly events: the duration of the event is 1-2 game days, this will allow players who have passed the main plot of the game to make sense for the game. This will add meaning for players with a game of creativity. You can place these events as orders from other planets or laboratories for research and other activities.. To catch lobsters and send a missile in a fine dining restaurant, to freeze samples to laboratories and to send into orbit, to conduct research for biologists marking chips huge animals or lull Leviathan, install the sensor near the volcano, to collect rare and toxic pieces of a sunken ship (get recipe) to build a lab and are constantly there to study properties of biomes or tissues.... If you provide me a lot of ideas =)
    for the completion of jobs to pay the player a domestic money as premium. With this money, he will be able to buy in orbit some optional goods, household items, coffee of rare varieties that increase the temperature (I understand that the cold parameter will be introduced). Rare resources are not available on the planet or some special drawings. The main thing is not to introduce recipes that affect the main plot. You can organize the supply of power to the orbital station.
    Add events: a volcano has woken up and predators have risen from the depths to the surface when the game storm – marks disappear, or worse visible. snowfall – cold stronger and less visible.
    add a working laboratory in which it would be necessary to add reagents and make certain materials.
  • NeldonaxNeldonax Croatia Join Date: 2018-03-19 Member: 239294Members
    A leviathan relative of the Reefback:
    A huge animal which is essentially a moving tropical island, carrying all (or some) of the floating island flora.
    It could also have unique fauna, like some tropical insects which can only live on them, or just cave crawlers.
    (groveback sounds like a cool name but idk if it's copyrighted or something)

Neldonax wrote: »
    or just cave crawlers.
    (groveback sounds like a cool name but idk if it's copyrighted or something)

I dropped a cave crawler into the water once, it died, i don't think that'd work, but some of the other ones would.
  • RuinsageRuinsage Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250762Members
    I'd say Below Zero could use something that streamlines the gathering, storage and production, and transport. I get that a lot of people liked that you had to do things completely manually, but I find it hard to believe that a civilization that is capable of construction via beams don't have more advanced storage than closets etc. At the same time, it is by far the most tedious part of the game, which is why it's a good way for Below Zero to both differentiate itself from the first game and improve on it.

More specifically:

-A storage room with the same size as the scanner room, which has one large automatically sorted storage (possibly connected to a fabricator)

-Combining the gravity trap with the camera drone to create a collection drone that can be controlled through the storage room.

-Another drone that transport along predetermined lines (made in the same way as the power transmitter) from one storage room to another

This would take the worst headaches out of production while still keeping it manual, and give the player a few more interesting things to set up in the early game.
  • Shady_oneShady_one Join Date: 2017-04-08 Member: 229491Members
    Allow ALAN to uploaded in to the vehicle you are currently in allowing him to give accurate data about surrounding organisms (like warnings for leviathans) also he could deploy the countermeasures installed in late game. Ofc it would be no fun if you don’t get jumped out of nowhere by a reaper leviathan so he doesn’t function when the engine is off and when silent mode is on.

You can't upload Al-An without Precursor tech. And he don't want to be uploaded into something other than new vessel. He's uncomfortable in Robin's brain, imagine how he'd feel in computer that has even less capacity?
  • darrindarrin Frankfurt; Germany Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250965Members
    edited February 2019
    i feel like the dev team should add like a habitat upgrade consul so you can customize the multipurpose room like you can with the vehicle upgrade console in the moon pool so you can change the color of your base that would be neat
    Is already in the game. It's called the control room. Inside, you have a panel for the hull integrity & energy production, a clock, weather info panel and you'll have some sort of minimap.

darrin wrote: »
    i feel like the dev team should add like a habitat upgrade consul so you can customize the multipurpose room like you can with the vehicle upgrade console in the moon pool so you can change the color of your base that would be neat
    Is already in the game. It's called the control room. Inside, you have a panel for the hull integrity & energy production, a clock, weather info panel and you'll have some sort of minimap.

What?
  • Person_For_SalePerson_For_Sale Britain Join Date: 2019-03-02 Member: 251456Members
    You should add a plant that resembles a Belladonna lily, but call it something along the lines of, "Bola Lilidonna".
  • Vesper117Vesper117 Join Date: 2019-03-04 Member: 251513Members
    My main gripe with Subnautica is inventory management within a base. I would love to see some for of piping/connection system that allows you to access a large amount of objects at once, or possibly just hook the system into a fabricator to automatically pull what you need from storage.
    These systems would have to be discovered and built, but they free up so much player time that's otherwise spent looking through boxes.
  • Vesper117Vesper117 Join Date: 2019-03-04 Member: 251513Members
    It's also mentioned around but a map would likewise be useful. This, again, would have to be gated somehow but as it stands if a player takes a break from the game its really difficult to get back up to speed.
    I saw a mention of a scanner room hub that would be amazing to see. A large room that joins all existing scanner room projections onto one large map. It's self gating as you need the scanner rooms in place and powered to use it, and would be visually impressive (a full range scanner room is an amazing sight by itself, nevermind a map of many combined)
    What?
    Try the creative mode. ;)
  • AltaziAltazi Join Date: 2019-01-16 Member: 248807Members
    As an engineer, I'd like to see a more consistent application of technology. Example: we have hand-held habitat building tools, but no small osmotic filter for personal drinking water? I am tired of killing bladderfish because I am thirsty. I can go to Cabela's and get such a filter right now. Well, not right now, because I am at work . . .

Also, a more realistic emergency starter kit of tools. Surely it would include a compass and some sort of navigation charting tool. Dropping beacons everywhere is getting obnoxious. And, of course, the kit would include the osmotic water filtering device.

For gameplay, some sort of auto fill-in map would be nice. I hate having to hit F1 to get information.
    What?
    Try the creative mode. ;)

I did, but didn't see that.
  • FlinseyFlinsey Koksijde Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250774Members
    Bring more zones in the game
    I did, but didn't see that.
    O_o

Check the unnamed base pieces as well (the ones with the question sign). The control room is basically a scanner room with a different interior, so maybe you missed it.

• psytatopsytato Join Date: 2019-03-07 Member: 251548Members
    I'd like to see a system similar to the original where in order to progress you had to go further and deeper and obtain the technology necessary to do so. In Below Zero I'd like a similar setup BUT you must eventually reach a point that's across a chasm or trench that's filled with hostile fauna like leviathans. While it may eventually be feasible to travel straight across, the story/tech progression would require you to access materials/tech on the other side before you would be able to do so. In this case the player would have to activate an alien transport gate like in the first game but with the caveat that you cannot take a vehicle through so you would then have to begin a new base and construct new vehicles on the other side. Add in some back-and-forth and the campaign is naturally extended and the player given more content.