Upgrades Not Saving?

FrostyFishFrostyFish Unknown Liquid Bearing World Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202652Members
So... my Power Upgrade Module and Hull Reinforcement Module dissapeared after I saved the game... :(

Anyone else having that issue?

Comments

• OriberusOriberus Germany Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204263Members
    edited May 2015
    Got exactly the same problem when I play that started came left a display of values the submarine.

And has wondered why the energy at once was 53% and when I tag the previously saved she was almost full!

Also can't find space in the console in the machines upgrade!

Hope this is fixed soon, would also be nice who you the upgrade after you had it can recreate if it wants to build another submarine.
  • QuantumFlareQuantumFlare Northern Ireland Join Date: 2015-04-30 Member: 203988Members
    Same. After saving, quitting and re-loading, the three hull reinforcement upgrade modules which I placed in the upgrade console before saving had disappeared. The effects were gone with them, so there aren't any invisible objects in the upgrade console slots.

Just to verify that I am talking about the upgrade modules which increase the safe and crush depths of the Cyclops.
  • CortanisCortanis some water world in the middle of space Join Date: 2015-04-12 Member: 203362Members
    edited May 2015
    Yes. We all have the same issue with this. To duplicate, create any cyclops upgrade and equip it to the sub. Save, exit, and reload. The upgrades will now be gone. It's not the upgrades themselves though. I've tested this one too. They're not disappearing if they're stored in a locker or inventory.

Work around to keeping them is to stash them in inventory or locker before saving and only equip them when in use.
    Well it is necessary to wait for a new game start and always remember Yes?

So no hope for those who already have the problem? hope the bug is found soon :)
  • ScubaSteve2015ScubaSteve2015 Australia Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204087Members
    Cortanis wrote: »
    Yes. We all have the same issue with this. To duplicate, create any cyclops upgrade and equip it to the sub. Save, exit, and reload. The upgrades will now be gone. It's not the upgrades themselves though. I've tested this one too. They're not disappearing if they're stored in a locker or inventory.

Work around to keeping them is to stash them in inventory or locker before saving and only equip them when in use.

The issue with that is the power module can't be recreated as it's a one off in the Aurora.

I probably won't play the game till this is fixed since it has a direct effect on the durability on the Cyclops and thus exploration.
  • ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
    There have been half a dozen threads on this already; they are working on it.
    Have inserted since the problem a break, good to know but that they're working on it.
  • x1Alpha2014x1Alpha2014 Germany Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204528Members
    I have the same problems with my 2 Cyplops, one had the power upgrade and two Hull modules, the other one had three Hull upgrades, all gone since the update. And I have a big Bug with my seamoth, after every reloading, my seamoth are not docking in my Cyclops, they spawned everytime half way to the Aurora.
  • letholldusletholldus Join Date: 2017-01-14 Member: 226689Members
    I know this threat is dead as all heck but 2017 and I still get this bug, completely trashed my save and ruined it for me. Two days of playing down the drain.
  • SgreenSgreen Join Date: 2019-02-05 Member: 250421Members
    edited February 2019
    2019 and still the same problem. WTF is going on?
  • Machine13Machine13 Join Date: 2019-02-11 Member: 250819Members
    This happened to me too. Lost all my seamoth upgrades twice upon reloading my save game. Seems the upgrades that I put into the upgrade slots aren’t being saved at all. The first time I lost them I thought it was just a glitch so I went about building them a second time. Then I lost them a again the same way. This caused me over 12 hours lost. I was loving this game until this happened, now i’m done. It’s a real game breaker.

Does anyone not have this problem?
  • kurt4274kurt4274 Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250967Members
    Same. I’ve been doing the locker work around but saved when I was away from my base. Loaded the game and they were gone again. It’s every time now.
  • RodneyMckay14RodneyMckay14 Join Date: 2020-11-06 Member: 265272Members
    2020, and still having the same problem. However, It could be because my save is a couple of years old. I will start a new game and see if that changes things, but in any case I'm disappointed all my old progress was for nothing.