Below Zero Forums

2»

Comments

• KwadimaKwadima Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250763Members
    Kwadima wrote: »
    Hello folks, I've been trying to find out about updates. I've seen some creators on YT with different/more recent game versions than mine, are they "VIP" and getting updates before me, a mere immortal gamer, or is there a way to get them? :)

Try enabling experimental mode with steam, right click on the game and go to "Properties" and then go to the "BETAS" tab, the rest is easy. Hope this helps!

Perfect!! Thanks a bunch
  • MichloMichlo Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, US. Join Date: 2016-09-10 Member: 222215Members
    Bloody bump because we need a response.

It is unprofessional to have the games mixed up like this.

Cheers.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited February 2019
    Michlo wrote: »
    Bloody bump because we need a response.

It is unprofessional to have the games mixed up like this.

Cheers.

I kind of want to say the forums aren't... ok, more like they are now considered legacy and not an official, dev-supported means of communication with their fans any more. Basing this off of the frequency of interaction. Seems more like just another platform to push news updates to, and a depreciated one at that.

You'll get the occasional dev responding to a bug or something, before disappearing for a good month or more. Their choice, but I feel a bit of detail is lost when you limit yourself to the Twitter "Lol! Love your stuff CAN'T WAIT FOR BELOW ZERO!" feedback loop.

Maybe it's just me. And like I said, their choice, I just think they're missing out. Probably manpower issues, time spent here is time not coding or planning development. In which case, hire a go-between to keep you guys updated on bugs, ideas for your consideration and inclusion or rejection, and conversely, communication of dev plans to the community at large. They can also help with keeping other platforms up-to-date.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    yeah lack of communication isn't a good thing, a lot of small developers have been brought down low due to not communicating enough with players/fanbase.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited February 2019
    I should point out, @madsauce has been popping in more often recently, and it's very much appreciated. But again, it seems very apparent he's got a lot on his plate and there's sometimes weeks up to a month or so with no meaningful dev interaction on the forums. Like I said, probably would be best (if they can manage it) to have someone whose sole job it is to act as a go-between and keep both camps, dev and fans, in communication. My two cents anyways, like I said earlier.