Frezze every time i load a savegame

KirnehKirneh Join Date: 2019-01-23 Member: 249234Members
I have 3 savegames i cant play from anymore.

In the first savegame the game freeze when i push Escape to get into the menu so I cant save it anymore.

In the 2 newest games (both played a bit over 1 hour) the game freeze every time i load the game. i stand in the starting Pod and all is frozen.

I have tried the long trouble shooting guide.. Updated all drivers.. Cleared txt files in savegame folders.
Here is my game output.txt and dxdiag. Could anyone be so kind to see if you can spot what is going on.

I simply love this game and would love to be able to play it.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2019
    You could try clearing your cache and see if that helps any.
  • KirnehKirneh Join Date: 2019-01-23 Member: 249234Members
    That was what I meant with deleting the txt files. So tried that already.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    @Kirneh when the game freezes without going to the menu:
    1. Do you continue hearing sounds playing?
    2. Do you see anything moving(e.g. lights flashing, ocean waves flowing, etc)?

I'm not seeing any issues in your output.txt, but that is probably because the game restarted since you had your issue. Can you create the problem again and before launching the game again can you send that output.txt?

I know in your previous reply you mentioned that you updated your drivers, but I'll just re-iterate for anyone else here that has a similar issue that the drivers for your graphics and sound should be updated.

If this is audio related, as a work around, you might be able to plug in a USB headset and try playing the game after that. Or if you don't have a USB headset we can try disabling your sound devices and see if that fixes the problem(obviously not a long term solution).
    Thanks a lot for the reply

The sound keeps playing. I see no movements but im inside the pod. If i try to push a key the screen goes semi white and the crash windows shows (report to microsoft or skip)

I tryed a USB headset. Restarted the game and the sound now played in the usb headset. it crashed as soon as i got into the savegame and the music kept playing.

I have the OUTPUT_LOG.txt here: https://pastebin.com/Egxcpprk
    madsauce wrote: »
    @Kirneh when the game freezes without going to the menu:
    1. Do you continue hearing sounds playing?
    2. Do you see anything moving(e.g. lights flashing, ocean waves flowing, etc)?

I'm not seeing any issues in your output.txt, but that is probably because the game restarted since you had your issue. Can you create the problem again and before launching the game again can you send that output.txt?

I know in your previous reply you mentioned that you updated your drivers, but I'll just re-iterate for anyone else here that has a similar issue that the drivers for your graphics and sound should be updated.

If this is audio related, as a work around, you might be able to plug in a USB headset and try playing the game after that. Or if you don't have a USB headset we can try disabling your sound devices and see if that fixes the problem(obviously not a long term solution).

• madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    @Kirneh , I should have shared this with you first. Take a look at it(it's not terribly long) and there are some sound related suggestions that have solved 99% of the issues most people have with the game. Let me know what you tried and if that helped.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=448862051
    Thank you for the reply.
    I have tried to look at my sound drivers. They were just HD(something). So i installed the Realtek drivers and rebooted the machine. I also used the Iobit Driver Booster to make sure all drivers were still up to date.

it still freeze.
    What i dont understand is if it is a problem with the sound drivers why can i start a new game and then play x amount of time before the game wont start on load. Seems like my savegames get destroyed somehow. But i did follow the guide and deleted all the unnecessary files in my savegame folders.
    @Kirneh , I should have shared this with you first. Take a look at it(it's not terribly long) and there are some sound related suggestions that have solved 99% of the issues most people have with the game. Let me know what you tried and if that helped.

Kirneh wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply.
    I have tried to look at my sound drivers. They were just HD(something). So i installed the Realtek drivers and rebooted the machine. I also used the Iobit Driver Booster to make sure all drivers were still up to date.

it still freeze.
    What i dont understand is if it is a problem with the sound drivers why can i start a new game and then play x amount of time before the game wont start on load. Seems like my savegames get destroyed somehow. But i did follow the guide and deleted all the unnecessary files in my savegame folders.

@Kimeh Try this:
    Chedman wrote: »
    For me, if I restart my computer, it works fine until another app uses audio. If that happens, then I have to restart my computer.

That sounds like something you could fix by changing the exclusive settings here (or updating your audio drivers):

16j51tt.png

Right-click the speaker in the notification area, then choose Sound Settings, then click Device Properties (of your output device, not input), then click the Advanced tab.

But mine is everytime i open the game.. Not after a while.. But right when i open a savegame. Do i make a new game it works for around one hour.

I have checked my settings and tried both with exclusive on and off.. Same problem sadly.
    Drat. Yeah I know it was right when the game opened but I thought maybe Windows had a notification sound or something every time and it threw it off.
    I tried my last option.. Reinstalled windows. And for now my savegames is working :)
    Hmm. Drastic, but sometimes you really do have to nuke it from orbit. Glad it's working. :)
  • gmv312gmv312 Join Date: 2019-02-08 Member: 250647Members
    Im having issues with syncing my save games. I have been playing on hardcore, made it down to primary containment facility saved and quit to take a break before entering, and when I tried to load game again, it tried to sync data and fails every time, so I can no longer play the game except Offline mode, which I would have to start a new game again. Please help, i dont want to lose my hardcore save
  • TontitoTontito Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250759Members
    edited February 2019
    Hi guys,

I have been having similar issue.

In my case I am able to fully load the save, I can have it loaded for some time (as long as I don't move much) interact with objects, fabricators, ...

When I move around more than 5 meters the game hangs. Windows events and reports don't help.

Found that if I remove the file scene objects I am able to recover part of stuff but it loads me next to the base with no hang.

It has been the third time I got this, so lost around 2 days of progress with all saves.
    The issue comes on the saves inside aurora (with lots of sound and flames) and at 1300m (think related to all the variables that exist there).

Have tested the driver AMD update, the sound regulation to 24bits and 44hz.
    Any chance someone could try one of the saves to see if they can resume it normally? Does this makes sense for debugging purposes?

Hardware on my side is:
    I5
    4GB
    HD 5770
    SSD

Thanks
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited February 2019
    @Tontito see if the warp/warpme commands help at all. It may be best to warp to 0,0,0, swim to the seafloor, then warp back. Details in my signature.
  • TontitoTontito Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250759Members
    Thanks for your comment m8.

I wasn't exactly able to teleport me, it also made the game to crash, but i was able to kill my self.
    Then after reborn at life pod, I could teleport back to lavazone and make a really big swim back to 1300m base (got there in the limit, my vision was becoming dark).
    From that I resumed my activities.

So, I can't really concluded what was the problem, but I was able to recover all my status, just by sacrificing my life once.
    I will still backup my old save just in case.

Thanks again