Creature Suggestion Thread! (Add Yours!)

1234568»

Comments

• AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    i guess this can be some sort of combination of a leach and the 'Slimy Slug', it can be called the Blood Slug, only found in the water, can extend its mouth over two meters, when its mouth is retracted, the area around it is wrinkly. When the slippery things mouth attaches to a creature or you, it will begin to suck blood, it will continue to suck your blood until the sack on its back is full or you use the survival knife or propulsion canon to get it off.
    It has enough health that it will be able to withstand up to ten hits from your survival knife, and considering its size and, um, jellyness, that would be a lot.
    The only location it can be found in is the blood kelp zone.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    edited December 2018
    Something else, maybe a small, slow, green peeper like fish, a Sickly (you can freely change the name, but please tell me) though it has a large eye, the upper part of it is always drooping down to create half an eye.
    When it moves, yellow mist comes out of its tail, this mist is like the Auroras radiation, when it is attacked its eye will widen all the way and it will swim away faster, to prevent the predator from following, it creates a sticky yellow slime, coming from the same place as the mist, this slime will, if gets stuck to you, deal damage and spread a couple of inches.
    Fish can be eaten, but must first be purified.
  • ScreepaScreepa Auburn, Indiana Join Date: 2018-12-17 Member: 246063Members
    edited January 2019
    What about a large shark-like creature that resembled the reaper laviathin?Here! ybssikvptn55.jpg if you use this image for a creature, please be sure to notifyme and note me as the original creator. Thanks!
  • SilkSpiderSilkSpider Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223305Members
    You should use more of Earth's own deep sea creatures for your inspiration. Most subnautica fish just don't look alien enough.

Some of my picks:

Barreleye fish

sub-buzz-24210-1523835568-2.jpg?downsize=800:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

Gulper eel

gulper.png

Sea angel

32172.jpg

Sarcastic fringehead

fish-552731.jpg

Siphonophorae

String_jelly3a.jpg

edited January 2019
    AAHH! The Fringehead is FREAKY, the Siphon, i think it should be like a new levi class alien.
    edited January 2019
    Your Reaper Leviathan offshoot is ADORABLE, what's its name??? Because Sea Saber is, well, a little, um, common-boring don't you think? Speaking of names ... PLEASE GIVE A SUGGESTION FOR MY DUMB SICKLY NAME!!!
  • Sharky6886Sharky6886 Join Date: 2019-01-24 Member: 249294Members
    edited January 2019
    Because there was so little enemies on land in subnautica, how about unknown worlds mix it up. Some on land and others on water.

But anyways I’m here to tell you my plant. She is ice white, and has a really long tongue that can be hidden inside of her belly. She latches on to your leg and can bring you over to her belly. After that she can use an extra tongue that’s not as long and she uses as a mouth to bite, dealing not a lot but also poisons you because of her saliva having a small dose of mercure. If you manage to kill her you would get 1 mercure and her tongue that can be used as a temporary grapple under water because it sticks on because of the saliva. The reason why I said temporary is because the water is so cold that her saliva from her tongue can freeze up, not getting so sticky. Her name is the grappler.
    Good thought, but 'the grapple' is the name for a PRAWN arm, maybe white fright, or tongrabber, both stupid, but something that isn't taken, also ... GIVE A SUGGESTION FOR MY DUMB SICKLY NAME, PLEASE!!!
  • PeeperSweeperPeeperSweeper Join Date: 2019-01-26 Member: 249425Members
    Constrictor Leviathan: looks Like a giant snake with a shark tail and head
    Wraps around ship to cause hull damage
    Is attracted by light like the reaper
    So a GIANT python? Fun i guess, but if that gets implemented, great scenes for when you get out.
    So here it is, the CL comes and crushes our cyclops, but the escape hatch is busted and covered, the CL puts even more squeeze, your cyclops glass breaks and cyclops floods, you have to swim to a crack in the moon pool side to get any vehicle in there, then repair the hatch mechanism to escape with, say, your PRAWN suit.
    edited January 2019
    IDEA, an angler fish related creature, it has a really long fishing line thing, like, REALLY long, with a dead peeper on the end, and when you get to close it will pull the peeper away, making it look real, after a little chasing of the peeper, it'll pull the dead peeper to its mouth, which looks like a cave, then when you get in, it snaps its mouth shut, opens its mouth just enough for the bait to get out, then it releases a chemical that will dissolve its pray, you can avoid these chemicals, but you'll have to avoid them for 45 seconds, if you die, the only things you'll have remaining are the items in your hot bar. The creature will move around when it has cot something.

It's called, Bait Fish.
    Only found in mushroom tree forest and lost river.
    Three times bigger than your seamoth.
    edited January 2019
    ANOTHER IDEA, a big puffer fish, as big as a player, eats algae. When inflated, it can get as big as a Bait Fish, and poison spikes pop out.
    When attacked by anything, it will suck up water, and blow, sending it, and you, REALLY far away. Lives in caves, can't tell if the cave is real or not.
    If it swims into a Bait Fish's mouth, it will inflate itself as big as it gets, this will stop the chemicals from being released, and it from being eaten, plus poison the Bait Fish.

It's called, Pufish.
    Nomad alien.