Subnautica PS4 Update 1.05 Released - Subnautica

Comments

• Dovahkiin4E016Dovahkiin4E016 United States Join Date: 2018-12-22 Member: 246695Members
    I can’t even save the game it or exit the game I have to close the application I played for like 3 hours saved came back to no saved data restarted plaed like 2 hours more and it wouldn’t even save in general j said saving in the top left corner for 30 min then I just got off of it
  • Dani8434Dani8434 Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247322Members
    Submarine docking doors not opening but sounds like they are open, takes the seamoth up with no doors visibly open then you float upward, heat “ welcome aboard captain” and get stuck in your vehicle! Cannot use my submarine becUse of this, very upsetting, also major lag / new areas not loading! Have no idea where I am, how I got there or where I’m going besides my base because of the icons but other than that I have no clue how or where I am most of the time
  • VladamierVladamier Join Date: 2018-12-29 Member: 247478Members
    Crabsnakes don't make good pets on the ps4, they roar while in the alien containment, while in your inventory, and until the trashcan removes them from the game. Very loud and very annoying. But alas it's a great game and I'm glad it finally got its release on the Playstation, been waiting to play since I first saw Jacksepticeye play the game for the initial release.
  • DrewpantsDrewpants United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-12-29 Member: 247498Members
    Game doesn't save - please, please fix this.
  • DrewpantsDrewpants United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-12-29 Member: 247498Members
    edited December 2018
    Also, frame rate issues and missing textures still remain. I was so looking forward to this game, but it should never have been released in this state.
  • AdmiralTuckAdmiralTuck Join Date: 2018-12-31 Member: 247711Members
    edited December 2018
    Got the game (PS4) for my son for Christmas...We cannot save our game! Spent most of the day after Christmas playing and all was well. Then downloaded the update and our game disappeared! Started a new game and after an hour of playing hit button to save and a RED WINDOW popped up saying "Save Data saving failed (Invalid Call) Try again?" No matter how many times we try it ALWAYS says that! Cannot save our game. We've deleted and reinstalled the game but nothing changed. What do we need to do??
  • drkice1987drkice1987 United States Join Date: 2019-01-01 Member: 247719Members
    Landscapes take a really long time to load and I've fallen through the map several times. My seamoth got stuck inside a wreck when it finally loaded in.
  • PontiacGuy1999PontiacGuy1999 Columbia, MS Join Date: 2019-01-02 Member: 247791Members
    First off let me say that I LOVE THIS GAME! I've been watching Markiplier play it and I've been hyped ever since! I hope that although you guys are busy at work on Subnautica: Below Zero, you won't forget about Subnautica and will continue to update it and add to it. With that said, let me note the bugs that I've noticed (PS4).

1. Peepers and other fish will some how get into my habitat and "swim" through the air.
    2. Using the alien gate from the Lost River to the Quarantine Enforcement Complex will sometimes drop the player in a endless void. I fell about 10,000m before in reloaded my previous save file.
    4. Map textures take longer to load the further you progress into the game.
    5. Wild Gasopods will continuously release pods when near a habitat with an alien containment with predators.
    6. Not really a bug, but I wish the depth and compass would be visible while using the Cyclops' exterior cameras.

Thanks Unknown Worlds for making such a wonderful game! I look forward to what you have in store for us in the future!

Sincerely,

Pontiacguy1999
  • Lordwinter15Lordwinter15 Reno Join Date: 2019-01-02 Member: 247864Members
    Hi . First off great job unknown worlds entertainment on a great game i am enjoying it royally 20 hrs into my first playthrough . I want to however point out that i have had some trouble with infected whale like creatures getting stuck underneath my base and releasing gas bombs that are yellow in color i have died immediatley coming out of my base due to this on a number of occassions and have since moved my hatch door to another location on my base to prevent further deaths upon exiting. Thank you for a great game and i look foward to the future of subnautica on PS4
  • FodoxDiverFodoxDiver Brasil Join Date: 2018-06-11 Member: 241315Members
    Got the game (PS4) for my son for Christmas...We cannot save our game! Spent most of the day after Christmas playing and all was well. Then downloaded the update and our game disappeared! Started a new game and after an hour of playing hit button to save and a RED WINDOW popped up saying "Save Data saving failed (Invalid Call) Try again?" No matter how many times we try it ALWAYS says that! Cannot save our game. We've deleted and reinstalled the game but nothing changed. What do we need to do??

AdmiralTuck,

It is not a final solution. but it will help you to "fix" the issue and be able to save the game again.

Delete the old (corrupted) save file:
    On the PS4 main menu go to Settings>Application Saved Data Management>Saved Data in System Storage>Delete>Subnautica Save

That should allow your game to save properly again.

I also suggest to save the game only after all the background has already loaded, not to wait very long between saves (30 or 40 min of gameplay max) and not to move until the top left save icon displaying that the game is saving disapear.

Enjoy your game. Just finished it a few weeks ago and it is AWESOME.
  • rj445555rj445555 Join Date: 2019-01-05 Member: 248065Members
    Do we have a set date when 1.06 will come out?
  • drumatixdrumatix Germany Join Date: 2019-01-03 Member: 247905Members
    Have problem with PS4 build revision 1.05 because of missing the developer console:
    The blueprint didn’t unlock by picking up the blue tablet. I didn’t scan the tablet before opening the first force field. Now it’s not possible to scan the tablet or the console again. So there is no way to get a blueprint or a second tablet. I picked up the blue tablet with the prawn suit and maybe it didn’t unlock because of that, I guess. It is absolutly necessary to have a second blue tablet to finish the game. There is no development console to cheat a second tablet and there is only one savegame. So I have no chance to restore a further savegame. Will there be a patch or do I have to start a new game or am I stuck on 4546B forever? Maybe re-enabling the development mode on consoles would help.
  • shadowwraithshadowwraith Scotland Join Date: 2018-12-31 Member: 247691Members
    drumatix wrote: »
    Have problem with PS4 build revision 1.05 because of missing the developer console:
    The blueprint didn’t unlock by picking up the blue tablet. I didn’t scan the tablet before opening the first force field. Now it’s not possible to scan the tablet or the console again. So there is no way to get a blueprint or a second tablet. I picked up the blue tablet with the prawn suit and maybe it didn’t unlock because of that, I guess. It is absolutly necessary to have a second blue tablet to finish the game. There is no development console to cheat a second tablet and there is only one savegame. So I have no chance to restore a further savegame. Will there be a patch or do I have to start a new game or am I stuck on 4546B forever? Maybe re-enabling the development mode on consoles would help.

Don't worry, you will come across more tablets just scan them before picking them up. Have you tried dropping the tablet and then scan it?

Don't worry, you will come across more tablets just scan them before picking them up. Have you tried dropping the tablet and then scan it?

That is the problem, The blue tablet you find is the only one in the game. I didn't scan it before putting it into the force field generater. No it is in the force field generator and it is unpossible to get it back. No way to scan it, no way to find another one. The game comes to an end at this point.
  • Over9000BPMOver9000BPM Join Date: 2019-01-06 Member: 248189Members
    Hey love the game, but I am experiencing a few issues that have me reluctant to continue playing having finished the story and got the platinum trophy.

1. Terrain loading slowly and/or not at all as others have stated. As well as falling into literal bottomless pits in the Prawn suit, I’ve also accidentally wandered into the Dead Zone despite being aware of its existence before having played the game myself. This is because I naturally assumed the scenery just wasn’t loading. The first time wasn’t a big deal because the PDA warns you and I just turned around. However the second ti- OH MY GIDDY AUNT WHERE IN NEPTUNE’S BEARD DID THESE GHOST LEVIATHANS COME FROM ARGHHHHGGHGG HELP ABORT ABORT!
    2. I didn’t have anywhere near the amount of trouble with saves that others have described, thank goodness! However, I think find that whenever I opened my save, the following things would happen: Precursor energy doors would close back up. Luckily however, purple tablets would also respawn. Presumably the orange and blue tablets also respawned, but I didn’t check. Teleportation portals would stay open, but their pedestals would reopen and accept another Ion Cube. Inserting another Ion Cube appeared to have no negative effects however. Power connector chains would disconnect and reconnect in strange unpredictable ways upon opening a save, so I was pretty much stuck with solar panels and couldn’t really make a proper underwater base, which is a pity.

These are the primary issues, but I have more to add at a later date, should anyone be interested.
    Hey love the game, but I am experiencing a few issues that have me reluctant to continue playing having finished the story and got the platinum trophy.

Luckily however, purple tablets would also respawn. Presumably the orange and blue tablets also respawned, but I didn’t check.

Purple and orange tablets respawns, the blue tablet not. There is only one blue tablet in the game and you can only pick up the blue tablet once.

Luckily however, purple tablets would also respawn. Presumably the orange and blue tablets also respawned, but I didn’t check.

Purple and orange tablets respawns, the blue tablet not. There is only one blue tablet in the game and you can only pick up the blue tablet once.

To my knowledge, there’s only one orange tablet as well. Are you having the same issues with Precursor bases that I have on top of your rather nasty issue with the Blue Tablet’s blueprint? Like the doors resealing themselves when you load your save?
    I found only one orange tablet, but after restarting the game a new orange tablet was at the same place. I got a blueprint for the purple and the orange tablet, so this will be not a problem. Only the blue tablet has this problem. Without a second tablet you have no chance to finish the game.

I haven't problems with energy doors. If they are all opened with the tablets they are still open after loading savegames.
    I found only one orange tablet, but after restarting the game a new orange tablet was at the same place. I got a blueprint for the purple and the orange tablet, so this will be not a problem. Only the blue tablet has this problem. Without a second tablet you have no chance to finish the game.

I haven't problems with energy doors. If they are all opened with the tablets they are still open after loading savegames.

Then your issues are likely unrelated to mine, but still. Hope they’re working on it.
  • Dani8434Dani8434 Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247322Members
    Slow loading terrain also still having horrible issues where my cyclops docking doors do not open then sound like they open and if I try to dock I float up during docking my cyclops says “ welcome aboard captain” and I get stuck inside my seamoth or prawn suit and have to restart the game so I cannot use my cyclops at all unless I want to leave my small vehicles back at my base which helps nothing. Also my game keeps crashing as I save and some of the alien doors close back up after I come back!
  • narrfabnarrfab Join Date: 2019-01-07 Member: 248273Members
    The big problem is the terrain renderization, many times the terrain simply isn't there, specially when you travel with seamoth, you will see a lot of nothing. At one point, you can't play because you see empty spaces anywhere, please fix it in the next update to allow us play this great game.
  • BoereJackBoereJack Netherlands Join Date: 2019-01-07 Member: 248284Members
    He when are you releasing it in the netherlands?
  • itsjakeitsjake Australia Join Date: 2019-01-09 Member: 248409Members
    For anyone playing on a PS pro, set your resolution to 1080p, turn “boost mode” on, and restart your application, your game will run 1 million times better
    I was trapped inside my seamoth after a wreak spawned in around me, and I accidentally hit save like an idiot. Dying of thirst just respawned me inside the Seamoth. Looks like I’m done with this game. Nice game but a unbelievably sloppy, disappointing port for Playstation.
  • YostReefYostReef Join Date: 2019-01-14 Member: 248721Members
    It's absurd that games can be released with such unstable framerates on consoles. As someone who loves immersion those dips and stutters really make a difference to me. I was really looking forward to buying and playing this on my ps4 until I read how poorly optimised it was. I know this game isn't the only case but I really did want to play and am just kinda disappointed
  • Canadian_KeystoneCanadian_Keystone Canada Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248645Members
    Does your update deal with the horrendous save issues? Answer: no. Fix your game before charging people money for it.
  • lauxuslauxus 8700 Stacy rd. Apt 6109 Join Date: 2019-01-17 Member: 248912Members
    Ok I am really mad about the fact that you can’t build in creative on ps4. Is there a patch or something that disables building in creative or is it something else that I am just completely missing. Plz help before I pull my hair out!????
  • shadowwraithshadowwraith Scotland Join Date: 2018-12-31 Member: 247691Members
    lauxus wrote: »
    Ok I am really mad about the fact that you can’t build in creative on ps4. Is there a patch or something that disables building in creative or is it something else that I am just completely missing. Plz help before I pull my hair out!????

have you tried using the habitat builder tool?
  • tyrannosaurustomtyrannosaurustom Join Date: 2019-01-26 Member: 249428Members
    It's not working for me really. Almost game breaking bug where the PDA's that you pick up from crashed pods etc don't work at all. Is this a known issue.
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    There is an issue on PS4 (or a feature, I don't know...) that the PDA's that are already picked up respawn after some time. So you can pick them up again, but as you have already downloaded their content, nothing happens. This could be the behaviour you're seeing ? It's annoying, but not game breaking.
    Another issue that is annoying is that the precursor force field doors reset after some time (or after reloading), so that you have to craft additional tablets to go back to the places you have already visited.
    I do not know if both issues are known by the developers and being worked on.