Subnautica PS4 Update 1.06 Released - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Hey my Cyclopes won’t let anything dock

When either the seamoth or the prawn will dock it sometimes it will dock with out the door opening and will do the anamations then after that I’m stuck in the vehicle making me go out and quit my game with out saving

Is there anything I can do or can you fix this Please

This sounds like a different docking issue than what was fixed, I'm going to follow up with the team about this. How often would you say you've seen this happen? 1 out of 10 or more frequently?
  • svenvangentsvenvangent Join Date: 2019-01-15 Member: 248776Members
    When a fish is stuck in the dock of the Cyclopes than you have a very annoying constant bounce sound .
  • underwater_builderunderwater_builder USA Join Date: 2019-01-24 Member: 249300Members
    I have had this happen verny frequently but if I wait for a few seconds to a minute the door will do the opening anamation and it will go with the animations following to exit the vehicle

madsauce wrote: »
    Hey my Cyclopes won’t let anything dock

When either the seamoth or the prawn will dock it sometimes it will dock with out the door opening and will do the anamations then after that I’m stuck in the vehicle making me go out and quit my game with out saving

Is there anything I can do or can you fix this Please

This sounds like a different docking issue than what was fixed, I'm going to follow up with the team about this. How often would you say you've seen this happen? 1 out of 10 or more frequently?

• underwater_builderunderwater_builder USA Join Date: 2019-01-24 Member: 249300Members
    Sorry it’s been a long day “very” is what I meant to say on the two post I made
    Again sorry for not answering your question completely, it would be a 8-10
  • svenvangentsvenvangent Join Date: 2019-01-15 Member: 248776Members
    edited January 2019
    Still heavy stuttering/performing issues ps4 pro in the deep caves not funny .
  • sinner_revansinner_revan Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245567Members
    madsauce wrote: »
    I don't know If we need to start a new game to see the effects of the update.

But I'm still experiencing framerate drops in the safe shallow. And the little purple plant floating that has a million of itself overlapping just crashed my game after blasting it away

You don't need a new game for these benefits, but the overlapping plants in safe shallows should have been addressed in the 1.05 patch. Were these overlapping plants in safe shallows?

Yes I'm in the safe shallows the plant is not too far off from where my lifepod landed. I have had this save file for a long time just made a base on the outskirts of safe shallows as a work around
  • Sp3nCSp3nC Join Date: 2019-01-18 Member: 248933Members
    i still have a LOT of places i can just fall through the world within the lost river and the lava zone plus permanent framedrops everywhere near the bones, alien base and Leviathan. Lost a lot of progress because of that. Please get that fixed asap :<
  • VindDevilVindDevil Join Date: 2019-02-07 Member: 250575Members
    edited February 2019
    I don't know where it should be..
    The game slows down when surfacing or just when moving somewhere under water (without transport).
    When driving in a moth very strong brakes especially during the turn.
    The propulsion gun sometimes loses or drops crawlers.
    There are also some problems with the sound after the ascent (not always, 1 time out of 10).
    On Aurora, you can fall into the textures.
    ---
    Sorry for bad English.
    `PS4 Pro
  • necmonecmo California, USA Join Date: 2019-02-03 Member: 250277Members
    I was playing on hardcore mode and deployed a grav trap. It pulled some fish towards it and I swam towards it to collect them.

When I got close to it — Died instantly. No damage indicator. I was at 100% HP. I was in the shallows.

Just the black death screen.

Lost 8 hours of progress.
  • IngweQueenIngweQueen UK Join Date: 2019-02-12 Member: 250845Members
    One of my cameras has glitched into a rock and I am unable to retrieve.
  • tumbiltumbil Uk Join Date: 2019-01-29 Member: 249616Members
    Well I can't play the game because of the upgrade bug on the sub's and the base my upgrades keep disappearing after I load up the save game.
  • crandyman656crandyman656 Ohio Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238052Members
    Day 27 after update and still not able to save......................
  • HalfEvilCoyoteHalfEvilCoyote Colorado Join Date: 2019-02-14 Member: 250919Members
    still waiting for PS4 1.07.......

Bladderfish extinct, nowhere to be found in any Biome, and no I didn't eat/ drink them all.
    All screenshots vanish when saving. Makes picture frame useless.
    Fabricator wont make HUD thermometer even after you unlock blueprint.
    Aggressive fauna getting into my alien containment and killing everything.
    Lifepod icon floats in middle of screen till you turn it off every game.
    Cuddle fish disappears for weeks, shows up for maybe half hour, then vanishes again. real fun pet.
    All these glitches/ bugs... And only 1 save slot... really?

How did this ever make it to console? I have never played a game in my life on any console with so many things still seemingly not being taken care of... And I came from the age of Pong and have had almost every console throughout history.

Seems like all we hear about is all the effort you are putting into "Below Zero"
    How about some effort to fix what we have already paid for.

• CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    Actually, a lot of these bugs (like the bladderfish not respawning) are not related the console version but are found accross all Subnautica versions. I still hope they are going to be fixed.
    The screenshot issue is PS4-specific and appears to have been fixed for the next version. Search for "PS4_ScreenshotSaveFix" on that page.
  • HalfEvilCoyoteHalfEvilCoyote Colorado Join Date: 2019-02-14 Member: 250919Members
    Yeah, I saw something about the screenshot maybe being fixed on the next update. But I haven't seen anything else that can be as certain. So much of what is listed is in Greek not sure how to translate.

don't know what these mean...

"Added instantiating equipment models out of the asset bundle"
    "Modify debug check for object pool. Remove no longer used objects"

really "fixes screenshot save issues on PS4"
    is one of the only ones that isn't seemingly lost in translation.

And if no one says anything then it is our own fault for not letting it be known that these issues continue to plague a game that has been sold and released to console at the end last year as a completed game.

I want to believe that Unknownworlds is working on completing the game so its playable for EVERYONE from start to finish.

Please don't assume I am here to bash. That isn't my intent. I'm here to keep awareness that the job isn't finished. I would love to join in the excitement of "Below Zero" but how can I be excited about the next chapter when I am waiting to be able to play the one that is already in my hands.

This game has the potential of being great! Would be sad to see it settle for being the game that could have been...
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    Some of these are known by the developers, as agressive fish invading base. You can have a look at the Trello tracker, which is written in more understandable words.
    Some others are pretty minor: the HUD thermometer was actually removed from the game, but it is still listed in the blueprints.
    The only one I am not sure about is the bladderfish issue: it has been discussed several times on different forums, but I am not sure that the developers are really aware of it.
    Thank you for the Trello links. I have been there before but stopped looking because it looks like its no longer being used because their seems to be no current logs of any movement or progress. I couldn't find a single post that is dated this year. I looked through about 30 posts and didn't find anything with a current date. Like I said, I feel like they need to be made aware that some of us are still waiting for them to fix the game so we can continue playing. Removed the thermometer from the game?
  • oscarn10oscarn10 CT4 6PZ Join Date: 2019-04-07 Member: 252190Members
    I have a problem where the cuddlefish literally just swims away when you let it go, kinda dissapointing as i spent ages getting it. Also if you use the thermoblade change tool inside a habitat there will bea weird boiling effect in the middle of the screen
    edited April 2019
    @oscarn10 Do you have anymore specifics on the cuddlefish swimming away? Check my link in my post right before yours. I had the same problem. Was it a darting take off in a straight line?