Self-Replicating Equipment

AltaziAltazi Join Date: 2019-01-16 Member: 248807Members
I am not certain how it is happening, but somehow I ended up with four copies of the heated knife and two copies of the habitat builder. Needless to say, I fabricated only one of each. This might happen when I open my equipment locker, and transfer things back and forth between it and my local inventory.

Getting these extra items would be more appreciated if I could reduce them to their component parts.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Did you pick up any Time Capsules? They sometimes contain beginner tools.
  • AltaziAltazi Join Date: 2019-01-16 Member: 248807Members
    There is no way I received three extra heated knives from the handful of time capsules I have found so far. I tend to notice what I pick up.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    UM, why you complaining about getting more useful stuff?! I'd want to get more titanium from a glitch or bug, your request for this bug fix doesn't make sense.
    My opinion is all it is, so post and drink some sparkling-fize, LOL.
  • MarrixMarrix Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247285Members
    Yes but bugs like that should always be reported because it is the game not working as intended. Helps the developers. Using it as an exploit breaks game balance so it's good to fix it. Also, if you want extra Titanium, there is a creative mode and you could always check for console commands also.

Not saying i've never exploited bugs. I remember in Diablo 1 the way to duplicate items lol.

• forestforest Join Date: 2019-05-10 Member: 252811Members
    edited May 2019
    Altazi wrote: »
    I am not certain how it is happening, but somehow I ended up with four copies of the heated knife and two copies of the habitat builder. Needless to say, I fabricated only one of each. This might happen when I open my equipment locker, and transfer things back and forth between it and my local inventory.

I once used the gamereset console command, thinking that it would just reload my last save point. It did that, but also apparently duplicated all the modules in my lifepod. (I was in the lifepod when I ran the command.) Now, when I open the medical kit fabricator and the door swings open, it reveals a second door within, and I am able to retrieve two first aid kits instead of one. When I make something with the fabricator and its shelf moves, a second shelf remains visible in its original position. The items I had in lifepod storage before the gamereset were all duplicated when I retrieved them.

This bug seems to have permanently corrupted my world/save. The extra items are no big deal, but the duplicated lifepod modules are annoying. I wish I knew how to fix it without starting a new game.

Build: Dec-2018 61951