Half my game textures are missing (PS4)

Dreddpool82Dreddpool82 Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248511Members
Half the time when I'm out swimming or in my seamoth/Prawn/ Cyclops half the sea bed texture are missing and i can see half way across the map.
A few days a go i was out looking for the grappling arm for the Prawn in my seamoth, when bam the map spawned in and i got stuck inside a piece of Aurora wreckage and I have no way of getting it out, I'm hoping i can send you guys my save file and get you to move the seamoth so i can use it again.
Also are you going to re-add the console box for Consoles, I can maybe fix it myself.

Comments

• elzbingoelzbingo Join Date: 2019-01-14 Member: 248727Members
    I've found the same.

There are huge portions of the map/textures missing in several places.

On the tree mushroom area, there are large portions of the sea bed that are missing, and it's possible to go into these holes and look at the map from "behind the scenes".

Same thing around, and on the alien cannon facility island. In this particular case, it seems that it makes it impossible to run around the island without falling into a hole in the map.

The worst that I've found, is in the Aurora, where I fell into a hole and now I'm stuck and cannot get back into the map, so not only it's unplayable as well as my progress is pretty much gone.

This is not acceptable in any terms.
  • NansenNansen Join Date: 2017-06-02 Member: 230896Members
    I have not had the problems with Aurora but I often come across relatively huge areas not loading in. Subnautica have always had long load in times or pop-ups at certain areas on PC. But on PS4 there have been several places I have found where BIG areas are not loading in (tested and waited several minutes and it did still did not load in).

I hope this really is fixed because it is at least completly immersion breaking, but also at times game breaking.
  • Dreddpool82Dreddpool82 Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248511Members
    Nansen wrote: »
    I have not had the problems with Aurora but I often come across relatively huge areas not loading in. Subnautica have always had long load in times or pop-ups at certain areas on PC. But on PS4 there have been several places I have found where BIG areas are not loading in (tested and waited several minutes and it did still did not load in).

I hope this really is fixed because it is at least completely immersion breaking, but also at times game breaking.

Yep that's basically what's happening to me every time i go out exploring, the ocean floor is missing and i can even go through it and find resources and even see under ground caves.

This needs fixing ASAP as it is game breaking and should have been fixed in the beta, which i was part of back when it first came out on Steam.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    edited January 2019
    Hi everyone, we're in the process of submitting a patch with this fix for both consoles. We ended up tuning the world streaming and our internal testing shows this dramatically improved cases where you'd swim or Seamoth to new areas and find missing pieces of the world. Once the patch is live, we'd really appreciate hearing back if it fixed or improved the issue!
  • querantinoquerantino Germany Join Date: 2019-01-17 Member: 248870Members
    Hi there.ps4 pro with SSD.since i have a SSD in my ps4 the Most textures load but there are still many places where textures Not load or Pop in after a while.and the Problem with FPS News to be fixed.in the lost river area it feels like the FPS turn down to 10 frames.apart from this you have created an awesome massive addictiv cool survival game.i Love this game.cant wait for below Zero.
  • Dreddpool82Dreddpool82 Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248511Members
    madsauce wrote: »
    Hi everyone, we're in the process of submitting a patch with this fix for both consoles. We ended up tuning the world streaming and our internal testing shows this dramatically improved cases where you'd swim or Seamoth to new areas and find missing pieces of the world. Once the patch is live, we'd really appreciate hearing back if it fixed or improved the issue!

Any idea when this patch will drop?
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    I believe has dropped on PS4, this is 1.06. It does seem to improve the situation significantly, however the situation is still far from being perfect - it's still common to stumble upon missing terrain tiles, especially in areas with high geometrical complexity such as the Grand Reef or the Mushroom Forests.
  • BloodyOwenBloodyOwen Hamburg, Germany Join Date: 2019-01-24 Member: 249259Members
    Hello!
    I had the same problem last night.
    Currently I am loading the game and then I will swim to the location, where the textures were missing the most, to see if the problem is still there.

I had no problems until yesterday, when I ventured into the deep dark of the kelp forest. After that everything was kind of broken. :/

The update 1.06 is installed on my PS4, but the bug turned up way after installing it, so i guess it has nothing to do with that?
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Thank you for the feedback @Cochonou and @BloodyOwen. I'm passing it along to our team.
    I would say that the texture streaming (popping) performance is acceptable now, the real problem is that sometimes, a limited number of texture tiles seem to never load... no matter how long you wait for them to load.
    And this behaviour is totally random - it's never the same tiles that show this behaviour.
  • SchlonzSchlonz Germany Join Date: 2019-01-26 Member: 249397Members
    I actually seen the same here (MAC 10.13; Readon RX580) Here are mostly all the alien structure as well as all surface plants gone. Sadly I noticed that while exploring and the big empty room seemed a bit weird. After googling i found out that there it a base supposed to be... This never loads in.

Im also not sure if that is a problem with the game, now loading structure or some corruption of the saved game files. When i restarted the game a creativ, i was able to find some of the structure
    Here is a good example of a single missing texture tile in the lost river:

f97iqqsg38oe.jpg

Only quitting and restarting the game made it to load.
  • AlluvianAlluvian Join Date: 2020-05-31 Member: 261519Members
    Late May 2020, and my PS4 original is unplayable in almost any non surface biome. Lost my prawn through lost river about 10 times. Can't see if the ground is missing in the sulfur lakes until it is too late.

It isn't just the ground either. A degasi base up and poofed on me too. If I save and restart the game, the immediate area loads, but once I move across the map it is back to being awful again. Can't believe how bad this is. Worst technical problems I have ever seen on a console. The hardware is known, there is no excuse.
  • SketchySketcherSketchySketcher Join Date: 2020-06-25 Member: 262108Members
    This happened to me in the Aurora ship, and also with my PRAWN but I managed to get it out through another unloaded texture, and also my Seamoth in the Quarantine Enforcement Platform. It's just sitting there now and the lights shine through, it looks really funny lol. It sucks that I'm on my seventh seamoth, and I've lost two to unloaded textures, but the only way to get out is to abandon ship and die, or reload a save.
  • Foxdie00Foxdie00 United States Join Date: 2020-06-27 Member: 262163Members
    edited June 2020
    I noticed invisible seabed textures twice so far and always in the same spots. I’m on PS4. I noticed The first one in the Grassy Plateau going towards the Crash Zone where a Large Wreck is, it’s right next to the wreck and you can clip right through the map. The other one wasn’t far away and perhaps part of the same glitch down in the Jellyshroom Caves near the Cave Entrance 500ish meters due north of the Floating Island Rendevous Point. Swim down the Cave Entrance to a depth of around 240 meters then swim East 200 meters where a small outpost of 2 rooms And a supply crate is located (Not the main Degasi Outpost in the Jellyshroom Cave but a smaller structure). The missing textures are right past it and you can also clip through the map at this one.

It almost killed me because I went to Scan some floating Rouge Cradle and ended up with a solid ceiling above me stuck in a Geyser tube. But I swam out in time.

I also noticed the Rebreather doesn’t work at all. At least on Survival. With it equipped I still consume 2 oxygen a sec below 100 meters, and 3 oxygen per sec below 200. For reference I have the Radiation Suit & Gloves equipped with the Rebreather and am carrying the Radiation Helmet in my inventory Incase I need to swap them.

I dunno if wearing 2/3rds of the Rad set is messing with the Rebreather as I crafted the Rad Suit first. But I have a Freedom save so I’m curious if it’s broken on all modes on PS4 I’ll test to see. I’ll also try crafting it as early as I can to find out whether it’s just completely broken or works until you have/equip/craft another item.
  • Foxdie00Foxdie00 United States Join Date: 2020-06-27 Member: 262163Members
    edited June 2020
    Now the Rebreather has totally bugged out my game and I lose a permanent 3 oxygen a second at any depth. I noticed it after I went below 250m with the Rebreather equipped in the Jellyshroom Caves. Now whether it’s equipped or not, whether I reload the save or the game or my PS4 it stays bugged out. I’ll post a link to a short vid I made showcasing this bug once I can post links.

Edit: It’s affected all my saves. Even starting a new game my character starts off with a 3 oxygen per second drain. Looks like my only options while waiting for the devs to investigate is to play with the oxygen cc on or try deleting and redownloading the game but that won’t help if the save files are corrupted, so it’s a 50/50 shot. If it doesn’t work then it’s either cheat to continue my playthrough (cuz -3 oxygen per sec at any depth is a large handicap to involuntarily add)or delete all my saves start fresh And cross my fingers.