Bug gamepad

supsayensupsayen Join Date: 2019-01-10 Member: 248490Members
edited January 2019 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Hello,

Impossible to play Subnautica with the laucher Epic Game with either a Ps4 or Xbox controller.
The camera is still moving constantly to the right and the buttons are incorrectly configured.

I think it's a known bug.

And With the controller Ps3 everything works except the right stick, I can't look up or down.

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you very much for reading me.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I'm French.

Comments

• nomakinomaki Join Date: 2019-01-16 Member: 248850Members
    Similar issues with a 360 pad - Right stick to look around is crazy sensitive with extremely sensitive stick drift, and the left stick to move only works if you constantly mash it.
  • supsayensupsayen Join Date: 2019-01-10 Member: 248490Members
    I found a solution with the PS3 controller.

I used ScpServer and to look up and down with the right stick, I use JoyToKey to emulate these two buttons.

P.S: And it is impossible to emulate the PS4 and Xbox 360 controllers with JoyToKey.

I can't wait for a patch.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If you check my signature, there's a bunch of different solutions for joysticks and one of them may work (like perhaps mapping the entire controller through vJoy and then using JoyToKey or somesuch).
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    I'm looking into the issue with PS4 controller, and I was not aware of the Xbox 360 controller issue. Thank you for sharing that, I'll add that to my list to test with. We're working on it, but if you have an Xbox One controller I can confirm that this is working on Steam/Epic builds of Subnautica.