DEVELOPERS - FIX YOUR GAME! (PS4 players, DO NOT BUY)

Canadian_KeystoneCanadian_Keystone Canada Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248645Members
edited January 2019 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Subnautica is so close to perfect. It's well thought out, creative, researched, original, beautiful, addicting, fun.... it could have been the best survival game created yet.

However, there are two COLOSSAL game breaking bugs. The rendering. Okay fine, I can wait and go slow. And then... there's the save system.

In what fucking developers office does someone suggest "lets only give players ONE save file slot, despite being unstable as fuck?"

I've lost several hours, twice. It's maddening. Because it's combatible. Every modern game has a bandaid for that. I got reset 4-5 saves behind. I good 4-5 hours lost. Why not give the option to save under a different file? It's a SURVIVAL GAME. This seems like the most simple concept ever. Protect the players progress at all costs. I can deal with falling through the map, or not seeing half the shit because the game can't handle being a game.

As someone who loves my experience with this game, and LOVED Natural Selection 2 - I will never be buying another of your products. Don't sell a $40 early access game on the PS4. Don't sell anything until you fix your shit. This game could have been PERFECT. I want you to succeed. But it's so devastatingly broken. I've wasted my money and my time.

edit: I'm surprised this post didn't crash once I hit "save."

Comments

• TheScrewstonTheScrewston Join Date: 2019-01-15 Member: 248763Members
    Same on Xbox one. If it's not already illegal to sell a game in this broken state, it should be. I want my money back for this garbage game I've downloaded. It's pretty bad if you have to build bug reporting right into your game's UI. They never respond to feedback either. The version I downloaded was the 'finished' game, not early access.
  • SomeGuyGGSomeGuyGG Join Date: 2019-01-20 Member: 249080Members
    PC has problems with rendering too, i cant progress because the ship wont load fully and there isn't a abandon base anywhere. whatever update they did their game doesn't seem to like it at all.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2019
    SomeGuyGG wrote: »
    PC has problems with rendering too, i cant progress because the ship wont load fully and there isn't a abandon base anywhere. whatever update they did their game doesn't seem to like it at all.

Try cache clearing (sorry console players, no way to do this on console)
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    I completed the game on PS4, so it is not completely broken - or maybe I just had the luck not to be affected by save game issues. Great game, but probably released too early on consoles.
    In any case, I would still not dare playing in "hardcore" mode until the bugs are ironed out... it seems the chances of getting stuck in a popping wreck, killed by a teleporting sand shark or stuck into a glitched teleporter are too high for now.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    It's probably why the bugs have not been fixed -- if they only strike a (relatively) small percentage of players, then unless the devs or the company they hired to help (Panic Button) happen to run across the bug themselves, they have no way to reproduce it, and even worse, it's not like on PC where players can zip up the saved game file and send it to the devs if necessary.
  • Canadian_KeystoneCanadian_Keystone Canada Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248645Members
    I have tried to delete this thread, and reported it, since I can't edit or remove it.

I found my own solutions and have posted them several times. The Devs have also reached out and collected my data to provide to Panic Button.

The glitches are heinous and enraging in the moment. But you walk away, a week passes, and this all seems silly.
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    Well, why wouldn’t you post the solutions you found here instead of deleting this thread ? It would probably be more useful to the people having the same issues.
  • Canadian_KeystoneCanadian_Keystone Canada Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248645Members
    edited February 2019
    Cochonou wrote: »
    Well, why wouldn’t you post the solutions you found here instead of deleting this thread ? It would probably be more useful to the people having the same issues.

1. SAVING - Save THREE times in a row. Indoors. Don't face anything dynamic (i.e. water). Face a wall, or interface. You can move around between saves or stay still. I saved 3 times in a row and never had another error or crash with saving.

2. RENDERING - If it's minor to moderate, you can wait. Be patient. Go slow. It will render. OR.... it will be game breaking and never render. Go home, save 3 times, and restart the game.